All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

When have I insinuated that it’s a right left thing about raising our kids?
    Never.

I used the example of my son being liberal as this is a political board.

I’m glad that the Trump husband was squashed by his wife on his bigotry. As I stated I’m quite sure it happens on the right too. Just don’t see it as much as I do from the left.

I raised my kids to be kind compassionate empathetic and to think for themselves.
    On all things. And they have grown up to be so.

Except for when you said

I did. Children are truly the future as generic as that is. They learn what we teach and also what they are surrounded by.
    I do not agree with my son on his political and societal views, but the way he was raised by his mother and me was to do and think for himself so I have to respect it.

I guarantee you 99% of lib households do not share that philosophy.

That's gaslighting, Hump. Please don't do that.

Except for when you said

That's gaslighting, Hump. Please don't do that.

Once again Cuddle, I used that as an example only because this is a POLITICAL site.

And if I were going to care enough to project, gaslight, incite etc, it wouldn’t be wasted energy on a forum with strangers.

As I’ve said I have been no party my whole life, what I’ve seen the last few years has pushed me toward the right. Period.

Jesus Hump, move the fork on, not every thread on this forum needs to get turned into your personal vendetta hour where you gaslight everyone for hours on end.

I show up on Friday and you’ve bumped the Joe Biden thread after two weeks to grind an axe and whine for the rest of the day about reverse racism because your vitriolic posts were being described as appearing misogynistic in an entirely unrelated thread.

I show up today in the Covid thread and you’ve hijacked this one to lightly troll and berate liberal parenting.

Just start a catch all Hump’s grievance thread and air out all these random thoughts that everyone else gets stuck with becuase you monopolize every thread with this troll tier nonsense.

Nearly every single one of those terms is something we've been asked to avoid as they cause further divide.

As for your "so be it" attitude, that's the exact opposite take from one who claims to show tolerance, empathy, and compassion. You are making no effort to understand my point of view. You are dismissing what I am telling you that I see. And it's not just here. It's been in multiple threads on this board. It's getting ridiculous, Hump.

I wonder if you ever get the feeling that the oft used phrase, "Trump and his supporters" is invoked to take a stab at the posters on the other side of the fence. There is a history there - people saying that Trump has some evil characteristic and if one does not oppose Trump then that person shares that characteristic.

I have seen people explain in good faith why they would vote for Trump only to have that explanation be disregarded.

I’m using no strawman.
    And I’m not arguing with you. At all. I also don’t dismiss anyone’s POV, even when I vehemently disagree with it.
    I am an extremely compassionate sympathetic and empathetic individual. Whether you or anyone else here believes it.

Matter of fact, even tho you and l are polar opposites, I hope you and yours have a wonderful day.

You're gaslighting us again, Hump. Unless you don't know what a strawman argument is, which I would be more than happy to explain so you can see how you were, in fact, doing just that.

When have I insinuated that it’s a right left thing about raising our kids?
    Never.

I used the example of my son being liberal as this is a political board.

I’m glad that the Trump husband was squashed by his wife on his bigotry. As I stated I’m quite sure it happens on the right too. Just don’t see it as much as I do from the left.

I raised my kids to be kind compassionate empathetic and to think for themselves.
    On all things. And they have grown up to be so.

Oh, I don't know how about below....

Also, about the future...to me the most important thing we can do to show tolerance and empathy compassion etc...moving forward is to instill those values, in our little ones.

I did. Children are truly the future as generic as that is. They learn what we teach and also what they are surrounded by.
    I do not agree with my son on his political and societal views, but the way he was raised by his mother and me was to do and think for himself so I have to respect it.

I guarantee you 99% of lib households do not share that philosophy. I see mostly hard core bigots from the left. More so than the right. And I know full well the right has them too.

WTF are you talking about then? We are a lib household....your messages couldn't be more mixed/confusing and/or similar to what we are seeing more and more out of the WH.....

More hard core bigots from the left is absolutely laughable....I don't necessarily think you are a bad guy but I think you are really confused and misguided....

You're gaslighting us again, Hump. Unless you don't know what a strawman argument is, which I would be more than happy to explain so you can see how you were, in fact, doing just that.

I am familiar with what it is. I also know what condescension is. And insinuation.

My father has a masters in psychology and it’s been used on me for as long as I can remember. I’ve become quite familiar lol.
    Do you Cuddle, I’ll do me. Just be well my friend.

I wonder if you ever get the feeling that the oft used phrase, "Trump and his supporters" is invoked to take a stab at the posters on the other side of the fence. There is a history there - people saying that Trump has some evil characteristic and if one does not oppose Trump then that person shares that characteristic.

I have seen people explain in good faith why they would vote for Trump only to have that explanation be disregarded.

I've never given the phrase much thought, but it's honestly something I could see being taken that way. Does the phrase read that way to and/or do you think it bothers people that support Trump?

Oh, I don't know how about below....

WTF are you talking about then? We are a lib household....your messages couldn't be more mixed/confusing and/or similar to what we are seeing more and more out of the WH.....

More hard core bigots from the left is absolutely laughable....I don't necessarily think you are a bad guy but I think you are really confused and misguided....

I don’t care what you think I am. Nor should you me. I don’t pay your bills and you don’t pay mine.

And once AGAIN lol I used that example only as this is a political board.

And admitted that I may be a victim of subconscious predisposition as UTJ has alluded to, for all of us.

Believe what you will, and be well. I am ok with the pack of hyenas coming out to try and gotcha.

I am familiar with what it is. I also know what condescension is. And insinuation.

My father has a masters in psychology and it’s been used on me for as long as I can remember. I’ve become quite familiar lol.
    Do you Cuddle, I’ll do me. Just be well my friend.

If you are familiar with these terms, then you know that you are gaslighting as I pointed out exactly how you were building up fake arguments in order to tear them down. I fully cop to being condescending. Can you say the same for being disingenuous?

Jesus Hump, move the fork on, not every thread on this forum needs to get turned into your personal vendetta hour where you gaslight everyone for hours on end.

I show up on Friday and you’ve bumped the Joe Biden thread after two weeks to grind an axe and whine for the rest of the day about reverse racism because your vitriolic posts were being described as appearing misogynistic in an entirely unrelated thread.

I show up today in the Covid thread and you’ve hijacked this one to lightly troll and berate liberal parenting.

Just start a catch all Hump’s grievance thread and air out all these random thoughts that everyone else gets stuck with becuase you monopolize every thread with this troll tier nonsense.

Worry not. As my very liberal brother has pointed out to me, I’m wasting my time here. We aren’t forced to stay.

Take care Bronco. Hope you and yours remain well. And I hope you someday truly win the internet. Life needs to be lived. It’s too short.

Peace my friends.

You either support what he does directly or you can look past it.

I personally don’t have a problem acknowledging its the latter if they arent demonstrating actions that suggest the former.

Either way, you own what you choose, if it bothers you, perhaps rethink your choices.

Believe what you will, and be well. I am ok with the pack of hyenas coming out to try and gotcha.

You actually think that is what is happening here? You constantly state how tolerant/empathetic/compassionate you are then turn around and make an absolutely idiotic statement on how 99% of lib households don't raise their kids to think for themselves (please correct me if i'm somehow misinterpreting what you are saying here) and then when pointed out how utterly absurd/wrong your comment is you respond by saying you didn't say what you clearly said?

I guess I'm just a confused lib or hyena here...carry on.....

Worry not. As my very liberal brother has pointed out to me, I’m wasting my time here. We aren’t forced to stay.

Take care Bronco. Hope you and yours remain well. And I hope you someday truly win the internet. Life needs to be lived. It’s too short.

Peace my friends.
    You want an Oscar for that dramatic performance?

The majority of posts on this board are from conservatives, you quoted a mod to build a post toward a sweeping attack on the left as libs and bigots seemingly incapable of raising proper children(which, more power to you if that is the blanket policy now), so just spare me the self-victimizing shtick.

All I am pleading for is a stop to the cycle of dragging your personal vendettas and axe into every thread to grind it over things that arent even tangentially related to the topic at hand.

It’s kind of insane that we created an entire site for a better political discussion and the more mature and intellectual political conversations around this topic are back on the old board...

Last edited:
    I've never given the phrase much thought, but it's honestly something I could see being taken that way. Does the phrase read that way to and/or do you think it bothers people that support Trump?

My sense is that it is often said with some venom.

I tend to think it is sometimes said in bad faith, or at least with disregard for the good faith explanations previously given as to why someone would vote for Trump.

I think we (as a community) tend to assign motives, beliefs or views to posters even when they have already expressed what their views are.

For example, I believe Hump when he says he is not clearly on one side of the spectrum or the other. Now, one may genuinely feel that he leans more one way than he feels he does, but sometimes I get the sense are close to (if not outright) saying he is being untruthful. I think someone describing what they believe should be given the benefit of the doubt - at least to the issue of what their subjective belief is.

It may be that such a person has simply not fully developed their opinions on an area.

Whose ideas do you think such a person is more likely to be open to? The people who call him out as having dishonestly stated his position, or those who listen to what he says and assumes it is said in good faith?

Once again, we have gotten pretty far removed from the thread topic. It would be appreciated if we could return to the topic of the coronavirus and its related issues.

Know what else is tiresome? How people here get away with constantly calling the POTUS names
    Yeah, cuz he didn't earn those names by either the way he chooses to paint himself orange and have the strangest wraparound every (while bleaching it) or the straight up bigotry and hatred that comes out of his mouth (when not just making something up to look good for his base), right?

It’s kind of insane that we created an entire site for a better political discussion and the more mature and intellectual political conversations around this topic are back on the old board...
    For real. Ever since he joined, the MCB is just like the old PDB. Posting shirt that has nothing to do with the OP just because he wants to make some strawman argument because something rustled his jimmies that day.

This board is becoming insufferable. Just let it be the "Trump Fan Board" because these most certainly aren't the conservatives of the Republican Party I was a member of from when I registered to vote through Obama I.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom