/* */

All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

From what I saw, that lady was extremely disrespectful, and was resisting a lawful order. They didn't hurt her, but she was being very belligerent over a touch. She was apparently screaming a lot of obscenities in front of her young child. She set a terrible example for her child. I think the police handled the situation well with minimal force, despite the guy in the video saying it was too much. The only recourse is to allow her to break the law.
    Both sides were wrong to an extent imo.

Last edited:
    Can we go five posts on here without someone on the left talking about racism? Don’t worry it’s rhetorical.

Lmao. Yea. They’re the ones hiding the truth the most.

Well idk, almost died last year and the docs say it’s touch and go. I may not have 4 years left but I’m gonna make the most of what I’ve got. 😁
    That’s pretty extreme for you not wanna spend another four years under the hump dictatorship😉

STAY HOME!!!

STAY HOME!!!

To all of those whining about not opening the country back up. STAY HOME!!!

Just don't tell me I have to.

If you don't feel safe going to work, going to the park, going to a Saint's game. Fine. Stay home. Live off the government. Do what you like. But stop telling me and everyone else who wants to get back out there and live our lives we have to stay home.

And for the record, my wife and I both had the Wuhan virus. She suffered greatly, and I was asymptomatic. She's an ICU nurse and was always against the shut-down. And still is.

STAY HOME!!!

STAY HOME!!!

If you don't feel safe going to work, going to the park, going to a Saint's game. Fine. Stay home. Live off the government. Do what you like. But stop telling me and everyone else who wants to get back out there and live our lives we have to stay home.

And for the record, my wife and I both had the Wuhan virus. She suffered greatly, and I was asymptomatic. She's an ICU nurse and was always against the shut-down. And still is.
    Preach.

And another thing.

With all of the power we have freely given to these Tyrannical governors and politicians, and all of the right's we have freely given up, do you really think they are going to relinquish it so easily?

Now that they have tasted the sweet bliss of absolute power to dictate how their subjects can live their lives, do you really think they're just going to say, "OK. We've done enough. The curve has been flattened. You guys go back to living in complete freedom and we'll go back to only ruling according to the powers granted to us by the Constitution."

Why the hell are you all so willing to just relenquish your freedom like this? Why do you put so much faith in a gov't that has not proven itself worthy of such trust?

I guess you also want to be able to drive drunk - after all it is legal to drink alchohol and it is legal to drive cars, Why should some dictatorial politician decide that you cant do both at the same time?

The other side of freedom is RESPONSIBILITY. Freedom is never Free. It always comes with at cost. Sometimes to your self and sometimes to others.

Those kids doing spring break parties in Florida brought the infection back to their families. Some died - but hey - they had the freedom to do whatever they wanted

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/florida-spring-break-coronavirus.html

Why not throw a birthday party with +40 guests. Those stupid governors and their stupid limitations on your freedom ?

google party and corona/covid-19 and you'll get plenty more examples.

Remember that your freedom may come with at heavy cost, not only to youself but to all those around you including those who may have to risk their lives to save yours!

Last edited:
    When I got so deathly sick last year they said my vitamin D was way down. I’ve come to find out that Vitamin D is very important to all kinds of bodily functions.

It's something most of us with a desk job are deficient in. I had insanely low levels and felt like crap this last winter in Minneapolis. I was rocking 3ng/ml. I got put on 10k IU daily for a month to get it back up. It made an immediate difference in how I felt. I've dialed that back to 4k daily, and my levels are staying normal now. I would suggest everyone go get your vitamin D levels tested if you haven't already.

The other side of freedom is RESPONSIBILITY. Freedom is never Free. It always comes with at cost.

Wonderful Post this morning.

000_1ga8wt.a1d90080656.original.jpg

STAY HOME!!!

STAY HOME!!!

Oh, the oppression of all of the government leeches and folks wanting marshall law other than steve-o who are simply asking folks to wear masks and be safe! A far cry from the drama described above.

But you do you, steve-o.

For all of those who are clamoring to re-open everything up and letting the chips fall where they may, what is the plan if a second (stronger) wave of coronvirus comes around in the fall (along with the flu) and we have huge infection and hospitalization numbers that overrun our hospital system?

Will we have widespread lock-downs again? Do those people that get sick just have to deal with it and die at higher numbers than they would have otherwise in order to keep the economy open? What happens to our economy if people don't feel safe going out and consuming (given that we're a consumer economy)? Do we just ignore it all and push our way through while creating and alternate reality in our heads in order to deal with all the death and economic turmoil?

Do you just think that's a scenerio that can not happen because this is all a conspiricy?

And another thing.

With all of the power we have freely given to these Tyrannical governors and politicians, and all of the right's we have freely given up, do you really think they are going to relinquish it so easily?

Now that they have tasted the sweet bliss of absolute power to dictate how their subjects can live their lives, do you really think they're just going to say, "OK. We've done enough. The curve has been flattened. You guys go back to living in complete freedom and we'll go back to only ruling according to the powers granted to us by the Constitution."

Why the hell are you all so willing to just relenquish your freedom like this? Why do you put so much faith in a gov't that has not proven itself worthy of such trust?
    Just wow dude!

I sure am glad you both recovered from that not China virus the coronavirus!

I also am glad you ain't scared!

If your wife and you both have recovered I am sure you must still be for masks and distancing? Right?
    And another thing.

So really what freedoms have been taken from you?

The most important thing Wisconsin did was drink in groups without distancing and masks the second it was lifted.

Is that the freedom you miss? Or the movie theater? That won't be cost-effective to open up social distancing? The restaurant that will won't pay the bills with distancing? The restaurant suppliers that won't pay bills supplying twenty five percent of the produce or fish?

What has really been taken from you please explain.

Or you just want a free for all like the Wisconsin bars?

The "let me go out as I please" crowd is ignorant. Somehow they think that they can't hurt anyone by going out. They don't understand how infectious diseases work. They don't understand that we've controlled many other pandemics by quarantining people. They don't understand that while there are places that are more open and have controlled the spread, those areas are more prepared than our nation. Even places that have very few cases can blow up if everyone does as they please. They don't understand that staying at home doesn't mean staying inside. You can go outside and do things, but you're supposed to stay away from crowds as much as possible, and when you do have to be in crowds, then you should take precautions for the good of the country. Those people either don't understand these things, or they are selfish and callous about the lives that could be lost due to their selfishness.

I really don't care about the color of the people who are out there protesting the stay at home order. IMO, they don't deserve to get treatment for an illness that they knowingly and willingly exposed themselves to out of sheer stupidity and political partisanship. The people who put themselves at risk every day deserve better than that and those who expose themselves for political purposes deserve the outcome that they choose to promulgate.

I feel the exact same way...in one way it's disappointing that there are so many of them, in another way I feel it is good that they have been exposed for what they are....

I mean is it that hard to distance and wear a mask when around a bunch of others?....compare that simple/basic "sacrifice" to the folks working at the grocery, mail/delivery, and finally medical personnel who are sacrificing more than most will ever realize (or sadly, even care about)....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom