All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

I am indeed. For some reason, I see it as good thing to protect the innocent. I don't know, I was probably raised that way. Who knows.
    So if you found out what you were advocating for was actually harming the innocent, you would immediately change course, correct?

The best way to find out would have been to ask, but you didn't bother. It's almost as though you've already made up your mind and don't care about any contrary arguments.
    Didn't need to. Pretty simple to see where you were going with it. And I would care about contrary arguments if someone had presented any.
    Continuing to state something as true without actually supporting it is not a good way to have a productive conversation.
    See? Here is where this ends. It is a fact, a very obvious at that, that the men-women division in sports is a biological division between the males and females of the species. If you claim that it isn't, it is YOU who has to prove it isn't, not me. You are, in fact, making the extraordinary claim, not me.

... and if you claim that you don't know what I mean by male and female of the species...

Didn't need to. Pretty simple to see where you were going with it. And I would care about contrary arguments if someone had presented any.

Except you're still wrong because I didn't say a word about that and already told you that the forking point I was making had nothing to do with that because I told you what the forking point was.

See? Here is where this ends. It is a fact, a very obvious at that, that the men-women division in sports is a biological division between the males and females of the species. If you claim that it isn't, it is YOU who has to prove it isn't, not me. You are, in fact, making the extraordinary claim, not me.

... and if you claim that you don't know what I mean by male and female of the species...

So you're going to quote me but refuse to address the point where I showed multiple ways to define this, hence why I asked what criteria you are using. Why can't you do that? You are the one stuck on this divide and asking me to prove my claim, but you won't (or can't) give me the criteria you are using.

So the kids involved have no say? Some adult just dresses them up and shoves them out onto a stage?

Unlike you, I don't know any drag queens. I have however listened to them talk and the ones I've heard have said they knew they had the desire to dress up by the time they were 7 or so. I suspect the kids at this event came to the same realization at an equally early age. I really doubt they're just victims of adults who want to watch them.
    You are in favor of letting kids make their own decisions in all situations? You can't be an be a normal rational human being so that tells me you have not really thought about this particular topic but you default stance is that is 'the LGTBQ community condones then it has to be the moral stance'. Am I right?

I did Google it. I couldn’t find anything but stuff from right (far right) sources who were doing just as I suspected. I won’t give them the clicks, but just reading the summary on the page told me it was in at least one case a custody battle between parents, not the government taking kids away from their parents, just deciding which parent deserved custody in a court battle. In another case it looked like the court awarded custody to the grandparents.

Can you show me one unbiased source for the government taking kids away because the parents refuse to allow gender affirming care?
    Maybe you should ask your left leaning sources to cover it then? Remember, your impeccable sources told you CRT was not being taught in schools below the college level. Do you remember that? It was a few months ago. You were positive it wasn't happening because only radical right wing conspiracy theories said it was. Now your sources tell you it is happening but it is a good thing. Are you remembering any of this? Give it a few months, your side will have to start covering it as it becomes more available. It is almost as if the legacy media/news doesn't want it know and hope to cover it up.

Do you remember Hunters lap top, the dossier? Your sources were wrong then too, but keep talking about your sources. Give it a month or two. Question is will you admit you were wrong? Nope.

It is happening, there are court records, I can't help it if you are mentally unable to process something that isn't laid out for you in your specific MSNBC talking points.

I did read the one about the grandparents. Evidently the 17 yo was suicidal, and the parents were adamant about not allowing him to identify as male. Refusing to use the name he wanted to use, etc. The grandparents were awarded custody, and will allow the teen to continue his treatment.

The court was actually reluctant to act, and only did so because of the fear that the child wouldn’t live to see 18. I think this is a tragic situation, and it seems like most people want the child to survive. The judge actually encouraged the parents to maintain contact with the teen and try to work things out.

Not seeing the big scandal here.
    I thought it wasn't happening? It was a right wing conspiracy theory right? Well, if this one happened and was not covered by the only sources you can process, is it not possible it is happening in other instances as well?

Maybe you should ask your left leaning sources to cover it then? Remember, your impeccable sources told you CRT was not being taught in schools below the college level. Do you remember that? It was a few months ago. You were positive it wasn't happening because only radical right wing conspiracy theories said it was. Now your sources tell you it is happening but it is a good thing. Are you remembering any of this? Give it a few months, your side will have to start covering it as it becomes more available. It is almost as if the legacy media/news doesn't want it know and hope to cover it up.

Do you remember Hunters lap top, the dossier? Your sources were wrong then too, but keep talking about your sources. Give it a month or two. Question is will you admit you were wrong? Nope.

It is happening, there are court records, I can't help it if you are mentally unable to process something that isn't laid out for you in your specific MSNBC talking points.

I am tiring of your personal attacks. I am plenty mentally capable. You must be feeling a bit desperate to resort to these types of personal slurs. 🤷‍♀️

Show me some court records then. If you can.

I am tiring of your personal attacks. I am plenty mentally capable. You must be feeling a bit desperate to resort to these types of personal slurs. 🤷‍♀️

Show me some court records then. If you can.
    I apologize if you feel attacked. From your past replies to me, I thought this is how you prefer to debate. I will refrain from anything that might be considred presonal, after this post.
    After all, I am a liar, hate women, a radical and a bigot, you said so yourself many times.

You can look them up because if I did, your response would be the court reporter was a radical right winger or something, so I will save myself the frustration.

You are in favor of letting kids make their own decisions in all situations? You can't be an be a normal rational human being so that tells me you have not really thought about this particular topic but you default stance is that is 'the LGTBQ community condones then it has to be the moral stance'. Am I right?
    I haven't got the patience.

Last edited:
    I apologize if you feel attacked. From your past replies to me, I thought this is how you prefer to debate. I will refrain from anything that might be considred presonal, after this post.
    After all, I am a liar, hate women, a radical and a bigot, you said so yourself many times.

You can look them up because if I did, your response would be the court reporter was a radical right winger or something, so I will save myself the frustration.
    So you cannot find any. I’m not surprised.

You are the one stuck on this divide and asking me to prove my claim, but you won't (or can't) give me the criteria you are using.

LOL. You mean to tell me you really don't know what a male or female of the species is? So you can't you tell the difference between a filly and a colt? Or a cow and a bull? Get out of here... LOL

On 30 August, just days after returning to school from summer break, a 13-year-old transgender boy in Texas was pulled out of his classroom and interrogated by an investigator with the state’s Department of Family and Protective Services, according to court filings.

The eighth grader – identified under the pseudonym Steve Koe – “loves to read, draw, and listen to music,” working on cars with his dad, cooking, and playing football, according to testimony from his mother reviewed by The Independent.

Last week, he was sent to a school conference room where the investigator – referring to him by his birth name and sex assigned at birth – told him his mother was under investigation for “child abuse”.

A nearly hour-long interrogation included “personal questions about himself, his most intimate thoughts, his family, his diagnosis, his medical history, and current health care – all the while keeping him separated from his classmates and keeping him out of class,” according to the filing…….

LOL. You mean to tell me you really don't know what a male or female of the species is? So you can't you tell the difference between a filly and a colt? Or a cow and a bull? Get out of here... LOL

Sounds like you can't, since I've asked you repeatedly to clarify yourself and you haven't.

On 30 August, just days after returning to school from summer break, a 13-year-old transgender boy in Texas was pulled out of his classroom and interrogated by an investigator with the state’s Department of Family and Protective Services, according to court filings.

The eighth grader – identified under the pseudonym Steve Koe – “loves to read, draw, and listen to music,” working on cars with his dad, cooking, and playing football, according to testimony from his mother reviewed by The Independent.

Last week, he was sent to a school conference room where the investigator – referring to him by his birth name and sex assigned at birth – told him his mother was under investigation for “child abuse”.

A nearly hour-long interrogation included “personal questions about himself, his most intimate thoughts, his family, his diagnosis, his medical history, and current health care – all the while keeping him separated from his classmates and keeping him out of class,” according to the filing…….

This is what Abbott has ordered child protective services to do in TX. This happens a lot more frequently than anything the other way around, imo.

I thought it wasn't happening? It was a right wing conspiracy theory right? Well, if this one happened and was not covered by the only sources you can process, is it not possible it is happening in other instances as well?
    This one was covered by CNN, which presented a pretty balanced report as far as one can tell.

Do you think this case was handled incorrectly? Or were the grandparents correctly concerned about the 17 yo committing suicide, which he had evidently threatened? As you can see, this isn’t a case of the state just swooping in to a family that is doing fine and snatching away a child. This 17 yo was in some sort of deep distress to publicly threaten suicide and his distress (according to him) was caused by his parents’ behavior toward him.

But you want to count this as injurious to the child? If the grandparents were ignored and the child committed suicide, then what? Just “oh, well”?

To me, this is one time when family courts can and should intervene - when the child’s life is in danger. I’m surprised you cannot see it that way.

That is Nazi level shirte right there….Abbott is a real piece of trash….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom