All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Now tbere is chatter it may have been a horrific accident. Still a developing story.

Yeah, the driver and victims were all part of a gay chorus here. Sounds like the driver may have been drunk. Very sad.

That is why people should wait for the facts.....but despite the facts, you get the story out and enough will never read the follow up to know that is was a drunk gay person. The first lie always travels that fastest.

Just like Covington, Justice for Juicey, Nascar noose, dreadlock cutting, the 'mayor' of oakland and his nooses in the park just to name a few.

There is a severe lack of hate and racism/bigotry in this country, but it won't stop the SJW, politicians and the media to invent it.

That is why people should wait for the facts.....but despite the facts, you get the story out and enough will never read the follow up to know that is was a drunk gay person. The first lie always travels that fastest.

Just like Covington, Justice for Juicey, Nascar noose, dreadlock cutting, the 'mayor' of oakland and his nooses in the park just to name a few.

There is a severe lack of hate and racism/bigotry in this country, but it won't stop the SJW, politicians and the media to invent it.
    Congratulations! You almost made it. Unfortunately, after making a valid point you then sprinted for the weeds as fast as possible. So disappointing.

A severe lack of hatred and bigotry…laws/rulings that gays cannot/should not be allowed to adopt children. Pushback over gay marriage. Continued evidence of discrimination in housing/real estate based on skin color. Lee Atwater stated it very well. Just clean up the language and bigotry/hatred slip through the side door.

SMGDH.

Last edited:
    There is a severe lack of hate and racism/bigotry in this country, but it won't stop the SJW, politicians and the media to invent

Hahaha, just stop. If one thing isn't lacking in this country it's racism and bigotry.

This story wasn't reported wrong. There where the initial reports of the incident and there was speculation that it could be a homophobic attack because of the circumstances and history. But the story continued to develop with further evidence that this wasn't and attack, and unsurprisingly people accepted it as so.

It's mostly on the Right in this country and that evidence and facts aren't accepted once known. Election Fraud anybody?

Who uses the term "severe" in the context of a lack of hate and racism/bigotry.

Your phrasing is often curious.

Sesame Street - Still the most progressive show on TV over 50 years later
    ======================================

Sesame Street is highlighting the many different forms of a loving family unit.

In a new episode titled "Family Day" on its current streaming home HBO Max, the children's series - now in its 51st season - introduces a gay couple (Nina's brother Dave and his husband Frank) and their daughter Mia. They then meet Big Bird, Elmo and the other residents of Sesame Street, embracing different family types.

"There's all kinds of different families, but what makes us a family is that we love each other," Frank explains at one point, as Elmo agrees, "That's true!"............

Last edited:
    Congratulations! You almost made it. Unfortunately, after making a valid point you then sprinted for the weeds as fast as possible. So disappointing.

A severe lack of hatred and bigotry…laws/rulings that gays cannot/should not be allowed to adopt children. Pushback over gay marriage. Continued evidence of discrimination in housing/real estate based on skin color. Lee Atwater stated it very well. Just clean up the language and bigotry/hatred slip through the side door.

SMGDH.
    Oh my, there are laws that prevent gay couples from adopting? My gay neighbors that adopted a kid about 5 years ago will be so disappointed to hear this. Wait until they find out that their marriage is invalid too. They will be shocked. Not as shocked as when we tell them that since one of them is black they have to move off our street. Its a sad day in never never land.

An initial observation is that this opinion is not a 9-0 vote in favor of 'religious freedom' at the expense of gay rights. It's more nuanced than that due to the contractual issues involved.

My practical observation is that religious institutions should not be tax-exempt. And, if they are, they should be forced to comply with neutral anti-discrimination provisions of law.

Oh my, there are laws that prevent gay couples from adopting? My gay neighbors that adopted a kid about 5 years ago will be so disappointed to hear this. Wait until they find out that their marriage is invalid too.
    The great irony of your ham-fisted parody is that they actually wouldn't have those things if the current composition of the U.S. Supreme Court were in place the last decade or so.

Oh my, there are laws that prevent gay couples from adopting? My gay neighbors that adopted a kid about 5 years ago will be so disappointed to hear this. Wait until they find out that their marriage is invalid too. They will be shocked. Not as shocked as when we tell them that since one of them is black they have to move off our street. Its a sad day in never never land.
    Oh, yes, the old “one of my best friends is fill-in-the-blank” blather. Ever heard of the Family Resource Council? Ever heard of the Council of Conservative Citizens?

Please get a new prescription to replace your rose colored glasses.

I would hardly call them my friends. I don't like them at all. I think they are horrible people, but please, continue to enlighten me on my opinions. That will go about as far as the current reputation of the ACLU!

An initial observation is that this opinion is not a 9-0 vote in favor of 'religious freedom' at the expense of gay rights. It's more nuanced than that due to the contractual issues involved.

My practical observation is that religious institutions should not be tax-exempt. And, if they are, they should be forced to comply with neutral anti-discrimination provisions of law.
    I agree, after reading the opinion, I think this was narrowly decided with more religious liberty fights coming because this chief justice wants unanimous decisions when in contradiction of the legislature instead of doing what court was designed for (upholding the constitution).

I agree, after reading the opinion, I think this was narrowly decided with more religious liberty fights coming because this chief justice wants unanimous decisions when in contradiction of the legislature instead of doing what court was designed for (upholding the constitution).
    The court was not designed to do that. Nowhere in the document does it state that such power resides with the SCOTUS.

I would hardly call them my friends. I don't like them at all. I think they are horrible people, but please, continue to enlighten me on my opinions. That will go about as far as the current reputation of the ACLU!
    No problem. As for the ACLU, I will take their reputation over conservatism’s any day of the week.

Loki in The Marvel Universe came out as bi-sexual. He did in the comic books in 2013 but nothing in the MCU till tonight’s episode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom