/* */

All Things LGBTQ+ (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Rowling is a feminist. While this is obviously below the 'trans' level on the protected class hierarchy scale, it is still funny to me that people are shocked when a feminist says feminist things, but then what else would they get to virtue signal over on the internet?

Interesting that you believe trans people are a "protected class". They're not "protected" against anything by our government, society or laws. I think the "attached class" is more accurate given the recent spate of state laws targeting them.

In general, no "protected class" is all that protected even when our laws aim to do so. But I'm going to guess you'll keep believing that right wing myth.

To be fair: puberty blockers prevent physical body changes, they don’t induce them.

Well, yes, that was the subject of my question, why would agents that prevent physical changes be affected by a mandate about agents that effect physical changes. @coldseat answered my question, but @brandon just gets too emotional about the subject, or doesn't read what I post.

but @brandon just gets too emotional about the subject, or doesn't read what I post.
    My guy, you can keep saying it, but it isn’t true.

Just because you’re wrong doesn’t mean I’m emotional, lol. And please read my post where I summed up your argument and indicate where my summation was incorrect.

Interesting that you believe trans people are a "protected class". They're not "protected" against anything by our government, society or laws. I think the "attached class" is more accurate given the recent spate of state laws targeting them.

In general, no "protected class" is all that protected even when our laws aim to do so. But I'm going to guess you'll keep believing that right wing myth.
    Is it a myth when it exist in reality and everyone can see it? Trans is probably the most protected class right now, hands down and not even close.

My guy, you can keep saying it, but it isn’t true.

Just because you’re wrong doesn’t mean I’m emotional, lol. And please read my post where I summed up your argument and indicate where my summation was incorrect.

Nothing you said addressed my question. Absolutely nothing. I don't know how many times I have to explain it, but I am not going to explain it any more.

Nothing you said addressed my question. Absolutely nothing. I don't know how many times I have to explain it, but I am not going to explain it any more.

but how are puberty blockers gender affirmation?

sex and gender are not the same thing, affirming one’s gender may look different than affirming their biological sex. Ergo, you can affirm your gender with puberty blockers while specifically denying your biological sex.

I respectfully disagree. But yea, I think this conversation has run its course.

Oh yes, they're feeling all kinds of protected here in Texas. :rolleyes:

Delusion is so pervasive among you right wingers y'all are oblivious to it.
    What is going on in Texas?

Yeah, the Marxists are running wild in Ala-forking-bama. I'm sure there's one in every single local race. Derp. Words don't have any meaning.
    There are a lot of BLM supporting politicians in ALA-forking-bama. You would be surprised.

Say what you mean by that.

Edit: no she is not. Especially since her wiki page says she was a pastor of a church in St. Louis before she ran for office.

You are just woefully misinformed about what you hate.
    It's point and laugh funny that someone can hate something so much when they don't even know what it means.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom