All Things LGBTQ+ (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Why drag though? Can you give me a clear answer on why drag? Why not just a gay person reading to kids?
    Because. It. Is. None. Of. Your. Business.

'comorbidities that have mental health implication'? Do you mean mental health issues?

I mean depression largely the results of bullies such as yourself.

So it appears your main concern is how religion treats them instead of actually helping those people. That is the typical alt-left view. The ever present 'soft bigotry of low expectations' on the left is truly an amazing to watch.

Religions in general treats LGBTQ+ people really badly and is the basis/cause for many peoples resulting treatment of LGBTQ+ people and accompanying depression. You prove this with every post you make in this thread. This isn't really new.

I have to accept them as what they are...
    No one has to do anything. It's a choice and you have made it painfully clear that you choose not to accept them. Any decent and kind person chooses to accept them as who they are.

The more people talk, the more they show who they really are. What I said was that people refuse to accept them as "who they are." I said who they are because I think of them as people like everyone else. Farb changed it to "what they are" which usually indicates a dehumanized view of people who are considered "others."

...they can't accept themselves for what they are?
    They accept themselves for WHO they are. You and your cohorts are the ones who refuse to accept WHO they tell you they are.

That makes no sense...
    It doesn't make sense to you, because you've got your head stuck up your circular reasoning. This is your thought process laid bare.

Me, Farb, me say you not WHAT you think you are. Me right. So you crazy to think you not WHAT I say you are. Me crazy if I accept WHAT you say you are, becaused I know I right and you not WHAT you think you are.

...but if feels good to say though doesn't it.
    It feels good to be kind and empathic toward people. I don't have to say it to feel it.

You'd know how good it feels to be kind and empathic if you'd just try it sometime.

As opposed to adults telling children that the 100% normal phase of puberty...
    There's the lie filled myth of "normal" again. This is what this issue comes down to. Farb and his cohorts want to define what "normal" is and they want to impose their idea of "normal" on everyone else.

...is not feeling comfortable in your body as it changes...
    Farb, maybe you felt like you were really a girl when you went through puberty, so maybe that's why questioning one's gender during puberty seems "normal" to you. We're all unique individuals and there's a lot of vareity of how we're unique which is why there isn't any such thing as "normal."

All I can do is speak my truth, I never for a nanasecond questioned or doubted being a boy when I hit puberty.
    ...because they were born a mistake?
    They don't see how they know they were born as a mistake. That's 100% you labeling how they were born as a mistake. You can't pull your head out of your circular reasoning.

All of that instead of providing mental services...
    Counseling is provided, but it's not the counseling you want them to get. You want them to get conversion therapy. You want them to be counseled to think like you. You want them to be counseled to see themselves as how you want to see themselves.

You do not want to help them, you want to control them. You want to force them to conform to your values and beliefs.

...studies show the overwhelming majority do in fact out grow the trans fad...
    Just because you grew out of whatever confusion and discomfort within your own body that you experienced when you went through puberty, that doesn't mean everyone or anyone else does.

The only "studies" that show it's a "fad" that people "outgrow" are the fake "studies" conducted by people who think like you do and who have rigged the outcome of the "studies" to support their beliefs and agenda.

Here's a fact, almost all of gender transitions take place after a person is an adult. Look up the statistics if you don't believe me. They've been shown before in the board that preceeded this one, so you can go look them up there.

Anecdotely, all 5 of the people I know who have transitioned, did so after the age of 30 and all of them wished they could have done it as children.

Why drag though? Can you give me a clear answer on why drag? Why not just a gay person reading to kids?
    Why not people in drag? Can you give a clear answer on why not people in drag? Why not just a person in drag reading to kids?

Everyone has a right to be included unless there's specific reasons to exclude them.

What's your specific reasons that parents should not take children to hear people in drag read to them?

What's your specific reasons that people in drag should not be allowed to read to children?

You have the burden of proof, because you are calling on excluding people. The default is to include everyone, so If you want people in drag excluded, you have the burden of stating specifically why they should be excluded.

We all know you aren't going to give your specific reasons and we all know why you aren't going to give your specific reasons.

You keep asking everyone else to justify including, because you're trying desperately to avoid be asked the obvious and completely justified question. why exactly do you want people in drag to be excluding to reading to children?

not all drag queen are gay.
    why do people wear cowboy hats that aren't actually cowboys? why do people wear sports jerseys when they aren't the athlete? why do people wear fatigues when they aren't soldiers? i can go on and on about what people wear that they aren't. it's irrelevant.

A former New York assistant district attorney and his husband on Thursday filed a class-action lawsuit against New York City, Mayor Eric Adams, former mayor Bill de Blasio and other city leaders in a landmark case for the rights of gay men who want to conceive children in the US.

Corey Briskin, 35, and Nicholas Maggipinto, 38, allege that New York’s definition of infertility discriminates against same-sex male couples, violating federal and state civil rights laws.

The lawsuit follows Briskin and Maggipinto’s 2022 complaint to the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). If they succeed, they will set a legal precedent that defines all gay men as infertile regardless of their medical history, and employers across the US will be under pressure to offer the same fertility benefits to gay men as they do to women and heterosexual couples.

Briskin began working for the city of New York in 2017 – a year after his marriage to Maggipinto – and both he and his spouse were entitled to healthcare coverage with EmblemHealth through the city’s comprehensive benefits plan. When they began researching their reproductive options that year and read the wording of the EmblemHealth policy, they discovered that, as gay men, they were the only class of people to be excluded from IVF coverage. They were not seeking for the cost of surrogacy to be covered.

The policy defines infertility as the inability to conceive a child after 12 months of unprotected heterosexual sex, or through intrauterine insemination. Straight people, lesbians and single women employed by New York City’s government are therefore eligible for infertility benefits covering the cost of IVF, but same-sex male couples can never qualify.…….

Gay people do read to kids. All kinds of people read to kids. Why not drag queens?
    Why do you think it is appropriate for a man dressed in fetish gear to read to children in a public facility? Would you feel the same if it was some 'bear' in BDSM gear reading to kids?
    I understand you feel the need to defend this because the people you view as your enemy are calling it out as wrong but I honestly think deep down, you know it is just a weird sexual gratification for these people (there are plenty of drag queens who also view this new fad and not appropriate) to read to children. You know it is odd but since your tribe is a coalition, you can't really say that, can you?

Not one of my stances arbitrarily. But then there NEVER was any screaming about voter ID until the orange buffoon claimed with no evidence that there was voter fraud. RW whack jobs saw an opportunity to engage in Frank Luntz’s wet dream of suppressing voting because he knew that Republicans lose when more people vote.

Regarding the governor and her stupid remarks, let us look at Abbott and DeathSantis. Oh, and Kristi Noem.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/01/democrats-voter-registration-minorities/
    A confidential memo circulated among top Democratic donors has sparked a furious debate in Democratic circles about whether to narrow the focus of voter registration efforts to avoid signing up likely Republicans.
    "But then there NEVER was any screaming about voter ID until the orange buffoon claimed with no evidence that there was voter fraud."
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/how-new-voter-id-laws-may-affect-the-2016-presidential-contest
    17 states will have new voting regulations in place for the presidential election this November. 12 states will join the ranks of those requiring voters to show a government-issued photo ID, including North Carolina and Texas.

So, before 2020 no one ever mentioned ID to vote (until Orange Man), yet before the 2016 election, 17 states enacted laws pertaining to voter IDs? But yes, none of your stances are arbitrary. LOL. I know, politics was easy and fun before the orange hitler showed up. He is the cause of all the problems. Sad, predictable but still sad.

No one has to do anything. It's a choice and you have made it painfully clear that you choose not to accept them. Any decent and kind person chooses to accept them as who they are.

The more people talk, the more they show who they really are. What I said was that people refuse to accept them as "who they are." I said who they are because I think of them as people like everyone else. Farb changed it to "what they are" which usually indicates a dehumanized view of people who are considered "others."

They accept themselves for WHO they are. You and your cohorts are the ones who refuse to accept WHO they tell you they are.

It doesn't make sense to you, because you've got your head stuck up your circular reasoning. This is your thought process laid bare.

Me, Farb, me say you not WHAT you think you are. Me right. So you crazy to think you not WHAT I say you are. Me crazy if I accept WHAT you say you are, becaused I know I right and you not WHAT you think you are.

It feels good to be kind and empathic toward people. I don't have to say it to feel it.

You'd know how good it feels to be kind and empathic if you'd just try it sometime.

There's the lie filled myth of "normal" again. This is what this issue comes down to. Farb and his cohorts want to define what "normal" is and they want to impose their idea of "normal" on everyone else.

Farb, maybe you felt like you were really a girl when you went through puberty, so maybe that's why questioning one's gender during puberty seems "normal" to you. We're all unique individuals and there's a lot of vareity of how we're unique which is why there isn't any such thing as "normal."

All I can do is speak my truth, I never for a nanasecond questioned or doubted being a boy when I hit puberty.

They don't see how they know they were born as a mistake. That's 100% you labeling how they were born as a mistake. You can't pull your head out of your circular reasoning.

Counseling is provided, but it's not the counseling you want them to get. You want them to get conversion therapy. You want them to be counseled to think like you. You want them to be counseled to see themselves as how you want to see themselves.

You do not want to help them, you want to control them. You want to force them to conform to your values and beliefs.

Just because you grew out of whatever confusion and discomfort within your own body that you experienced when you went through puberty, that doesn't mean everyone or anyone else does.

The only "studies" that show it's a "fad" that people "outgrow" are the fake "studies" conducted by people who think like you do and who have rigged the outcome of the "studies" to support their beliefs and agenda.

Here's a fact, almost all of gender transitions take place after a person is an adult. Look up the statistics if you don't believe me. They've been shown before in the board that preceeded this one, so you can go look them up there.

Anecdotely, all 5 of the people I know who have transitioned, did so after the age of 30 and all of them wished they could have done it as children.
    Yes, normal is normal. It has been that way since man came about. Your new view to make abnormal the new normal is just that, abnormal.

So, let me get this right. Would I also be correct in saying that all the studies you cite (can you provide one) that prove that body modification and or chemical modification on minors to treat a mental issue is the best and only course of action is also fake because they are conducted by people who think like you do and who have rigged the outcome of the studies to support their beliefs and agenda? Let me guess, your side is full of medical professionals that would never create a false narrative for money, just my side, right?

I mean depression largely the results of bullies such as yourself.

Religions in general treats LGBTQ+ people really badly and is the basis/cause for many peoples resulting treatment of LGBTQ+ people and accompanying depression. You prove this with every post you make in this thread. This isn't really new.
    Why would how someone who you have no respect for have any affect on your view of yourself?
    Does the religious community and the gay community see eye to eye? Nope. Most tend to have polar opposite views of life and morals. I don't see a problem with that and how they interact in our society.

not all drag queen are gay.
    why do people wear cowboy hats that aren't actually cowboys? why do people wear sports jerseys when they aren't the athlete? why do people wear fatigues when they aren't soldiers? i can go on and on about what people wear that they aren't. it's irrelevant.
    What percentage of drag queens would you say are straight? I thought drag queens were some ancient revered art form from the the history of the gay community, is that not correct any longer? I think you are stretching on this one.

Why not people in drag? Can you give a clear answer on why not people in drag? Why not just a person in drag reading to kids?

Everyone has a right to be included unless there's specific reasons to exclude them.

What's your specific reasons that parents should not take children to hear people in drag read to them?

What's your specific reasons that people in drag should not be allowed to read to children?

You have the burden of proof, because you are calling on excluding people. The default is to include everyone, so If you want people in drag excluded, you have the burden of stating specifically why they should be excluded.

We all know you aren't going to give your specific reasons and we all know why you aren't going to give your specific reasons.

You keep asking everyone else to justify including, because you're trying desperately to avoid be asked the obvious and completely justified question. why exactly do you want people in drag to be excluding to reading to children?
    Social decency. Next.

Just like I don't think a man in bondage gear should be reading to children because it is indecent.

What percentage of drag queens would you say are straight? I thought drag queens were some ancient revered art form from the the history of the gay community, is that not correct any longer? I think you are stretching on this one.
    you are correct, Drag is something that is ancient has has been done for 1000s of years. prove me wrong.
    But i don't know what percentage it is. There are many people who are aganst Drag, that have worn it themselves as costums and such. do you think they were gay? or should there be a legal limit on it? if you only do it twice, it doesn't count, or somehting like that?
    Was Patrick Swayze gay, is Wesley Snipes and John Leguizamo, they did a whole movie in Drag. I can name many others too. what about the founders of this country, they all wore wigs, were they gay? i guess we need to nail down this exact line on when its ok and when its not, even all the way through history...

Social decency. Next.

Just like I don't think a man in bondage gear should be reading to children because it is indecent.
    You really think men in bondage gear are showing up to the local library and reading to kids?

You are one gullible, sad person.

You really think men in bondage gear are showing up to the local library and reading to kids?

You are one gullible, sad person.
    Well, to be fair, 5 mins ago, I didn't think men dressed in fetish woman face gear would show up to local libraries and read to kids and yet here we are.

I guess hypotheticals are lost on this group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom