All Things LGBTQ+ (9 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

The people defending the experiments on vulnerable kids don't care. It's all about protecting the trans kids from the evil right wingers who think hormone blockers and sex changes for minors is a bad thing.

They are awfully quiet about the WPATH Files and the Cass Review that have exposed much of the trans medical officials as liars and frauds.
    No.

For being a dumb question, it sure seemed to strike a nerve.
    It will never cease to amaze me how someone, not you of course, will overlook their failings to another person just for the endorphin rush of a good virtue signal. The smug self enlightened feeling of knowing you are superior human that is all 'inclusive' or whatever catch phrase the hive mind is using these days.

And yes, I do take my kids to church, movies and football games for example. I don't take them to listen to men dressed in fetish gear read to them just like I don't take them to a strip club or an 'R' rated movie because I love my kids and it is my job to let them have a childhood not use them as a pawn to achieve my personal endorphin rush
    Strip clubs and libraries with drag queens are apples and pine cones. I don’t expect you to understand.

then why do they have to have a mental health counseling?

Because having gender dysphoria often comes with comorbidities that have mental health implications in a society like ours that is very hostile and violent to children/adults that present with gender dysphoria. If our society was more welcoming and accepting of people with gender dysphoria and saw them as a variance on the human spectrum, instead of sinful oddity worthy of hate and scorn that have a mental illness (as you and most religions see them), then they wouldn't be suffering from the mental health comorbidities that often accompany gender dysphoria.

Nonetheless, one would expect (nowadays) for anybody going through a serious transition in their life to benefit from mental health counseling, it shouldn't be a surprise that somebody going through as big a transition as gender dysphoria would also benefit from mental health counseling.

Last edited:
    For being a dumb question, it sure seemed to strike a nerve.
    It will never cease to amaze me how someone, not you of course, will overlook their failings to another person just for the endorphin rush of a good virtue signal. The smug self enlightened feeling of knowing you are superior human that is all 'inclusive' or whatever catch phrase the hive mind is using these days.

And yes, I do take my kids to church, movies and football games for example. I don't take them to listen to men dressed in fetish gear read to them just like I don't take them to a strip club or an 'R' rated movie because I love my kids and it is my job to let them have a childhood not use them as a pawn to achieve my personal endorphin rush
    So, you are saying that a Drag Queen reading a book to kids is the same as takng your kid to a stip club and an R rated movie?
    I need a yes or no answer to that.. you can follow it up with your explination if you want. because that is pretty much what you campared it to..

I guess i should have never taken my kids to see the pirate show or the dixie stamped ot the Midevil times.. I exposed my children to men dressed in fetish gear. I bet you hate Comic Con type stuff. those peoole must be pure evil to you...

You got me. That is exactly what I meant. Debate with this dishonesty is just exhausting but when your stance is based just on emotion, that is really is all you have so not unexpected.

I would imagine the groomers tend to get a 'rise' out of dressing up in their fetish gear and parading around around in front of children and you know it, but they are allies or something, right?

You asked how children benefit from being read to. Do you genuinely not know the answer?

I would imagine the groomers tend to get a 'rise' out of dressing up in their fetish gear and parading around around in front of children and you know it, but they are allies or something, right?

What are Drag Queens "grooming" kids for by reading to them during Drag Queen story hour in a library in front of their parents and other library staff?

God forbid we ever introduce kids to anything that isn't strictly heteronormative Christianity, right? 🙄

It actually is damaging to the trans community as a whole.
    A community people who are trans are being damaged...

Not unlike trans kids, who really don't exist.
    ...but people who are trans don't actually exist?

Nothing this poster says can be trusted as being honest or sincere.

This poster's impulsive post always exposes them. Encourage them to post more, not less.

Gender dysphoria isn't a mental illness, it is a medical condition.
    then why do they have to have a mental health counseling?
    A big part of why they have to get counseling is because of how they are traumatized by people who refuse to accept them as who they are and tell them they don't really exist.

If they didn't have people judging them and telling them how they should dress and act, they wouldn't need counseling.

Basically, we have adults bullying children and telling them they that are defective, that they are immoral, that they are an abomination, that they are not really who they think they are, and/or that they are mentally ill.

Then when that bullied child seeks counseling to help them cope with the trauma of being targeted with all that judgemental bullying and harassment, the adults bullying them have the cruel audacity to say, "see, them having to get counseling proves they have a mental illness/disorder."

Because having gender dysphoria often comes with comorbidities that have mental health implications in a society like ours that is very hostile and violent to children/adults that present with gender dysphoria. If our society was more welcoming and accepting of people with gender dysphoria and saw them as a variance on the human spectrum, instead of sinful oddity worthy of hate and scorn that have a mental illness (as you and most religions see them), then they wouldn't be suffering from the mental health comorbidities that often accompany gender dysphoria.

Nonetheless, one would expect (nowadays) for anybody going through a serious transition in their life to benefit from mental health counseling, it shouldn't be a surprise that somebody going through as big a transition as gender dysphoria would also benefit from mental health counseling.
    'comorbidities that have mental health implication'? Do you mean mental health issues? So it appears your main concern is how religion treats them instead of actually helping those people. That is the typical alt-left view. The ever present 'soft bigotry of low expectations' on the left is truly an amazing to watch.

A big part of why they have to get counseling is because of how they are traumatized by people who refuse to accept them as who they are and tell them they don't really exist.

If they didn't have people judging them and telling them how they should dress and act, they wouldn't need counseling.

Basically, we have adults bullying children and telling them they that are defective, that they are immoral, that they are an abomination, that they are not really who they think they are, and/or that they are mentally ill.

Then when that bullied child seeks counseling to help them cope with the trauma of being targeted with all that judgemental bullying and harassment, the adults bullying them have the cruel audacity to say, "see, them having to get counseling proves they have a mental illness/disorder."
    I have to accept them as what they are when they can't accept themselves for what they are? That makes no sense, but if feels good to say though doesn't it.

As opposed to adults telling children that the 100% normal phase of puberty is not feeling comfortable in your body as it changes is to irreversibly change your body because they were born a mistake? All of that instead of providing mental services to help them as they grow out of that feeling as studies show the overwhelming majority do in fact out grow the trans fad?

What are Drag Queens "grooming" kids for by reading to them during Drag Queen story hour in a library in front of their parents and other library staff?

God forbid we ever introduce kids to anything that isn't strictly heteronormative Christianity, right? 🙄
    Why drag though? Can you give me a clear answer on why drag? Why not just a gay person reading to kids?

'comorbidities that have mental health implication'? Do you mean mental health issues? So it appears your main concern is how religion treats them instead of actually helping those people. That is the typical alt-left view. The ever present 'soft bigotry of low expectations' on the left is truly an amazing to watch.
    As opposed to the hard bigotry of the pharisaical RW whack jobs?

There is no “soft bigotry of low expectations” on the left. That is simply you stringing words together. Congratulations. You made a sentence. Got some work to do on sense though.

As opposed to the hard bigotry of the pharisaical RW whack jobs?

There is no “soft bigotry of low expectations” on the left. That is simply you stringing words together. Congratulations. You made a sentence. Got some work to do on sense though.
    An alt-left governor just said black kids don't what a computer is and then explained they really don't even know the word.
    One of your stances is that getting a state issued ID is too difficult for black people.

An alt-left governor just said black kids don't what a computer is and then explained they really don't even know the word.
    One of your stances is that getting a state issued ID is too difficult for black people.
    Not one of my stances arbitrarily. But then there NEVER was any screaming about voter ID until the orange buffoon claimed with no evidence that there was voter fraud. RW whack jobs saw an opportunity to engage in Frank Luntz’s wet dream of suppressing voting because he knew that Republicans lose when more people vote.

Regarding the governor and her stupid remarks, let us look at Abbott and DeathSantis. Oh, and Kristi Noem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom