A good exercise to start off with here... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

crosswatt

Reaction score

We've done this before on the political discussion board, but it's always fun to see where our scores fit relative to what our feelings about where we fall on the political spectrum are. So everyone feel free to take it and share your results.

"It is regrettable that many personal fortunes are made by people who simply manipulate money and contribute nothing to their society."

Can I make this my sigline? LOL

I’m with you it just seems to me that everyone would put strongly agree to the human side. Which in my opinion is the reason for the overwhelming leftist scores. I think it is set up that way purposely to skew the outcome.

If the question was how important is a healthy economy in a global market compared to social welfare, you would get a much different answer.

No, because "healthy economy" is in the eye of the beholder. Hint: The view is different depending on where/who you are. "Social welfare" is a buzzword used to justify to separate treatment - people who deserve versus people who don't. Don't all people deserve to be treated like humans? Then don't support legislation that does otherwise. Simple decency vs hypocrisy.

No, because "healthy economy" is in the eye of the beholder. Hint: The view is different depending on where/who you are. "Social welfare" is a buzzword used to justify to separate treatment - people who deserve versus people who don't. Don't all people deserve to be treated like humans? Then don't support legislation that does otherwise. Simple decency vs hypocrisy.

I decided to do some research on the origin of this model. I am not surprised of my findings. Pace news limited has a ton of mystery and very left leaving alliances. The main guy it appears is a social justice guy. Not saying he is a bad guy, just slanted.

I do love my gut, very rarely lets these lazybones down.

So, dismiss that which makes you uncomfortable. I think that was one option on the questions - just think happy thoughts? :D

I think this one pushed me further towards authoritarian, but too bad: :angryrazz:

"Schools should not make classroom attendance compulsory."

:nono: Oh yes they should. 🏫

Last edited:
    compass.png

I am thinking that I answered too many of the questions with agree or disagree instead of the "strongly" options. It may have skewed the results somewhat. I also believe that many of the statements were poorly worded, allowing for too much nuance.

Just as I suspected, you are even more conservative than I am. :hihi:

We’re pretty close though. I’ve been shocked at some of the people this finds me to the right of. I think it may be because I Strongly Agree on a lot of conservative economic and national defense principles.

We’re pretty close though. I’ve been shocked at some of the people this finds me to the right of. I think it may be because I Strongly Agree on a lot of conservative economic and national defense principles.

I think so too. We are probably closer on the actual spectrum that the graphs indicated. Even when I might have chosen Strongly Agree to the basic question, I clicked Agree due to factors I was reading into the question. One example I recall is that I am personally against the death penalty, however I do not think it should eliminated from the penal code. In other words, I don't always believe that my personal beliefs should be codified just because I believe them, if that makes any sense.

I did feel like the majority of the questions were 'well duh' for me. Funny thing is that id probably still be a moderate in many European countries.

I decided to do some research on the origin of this model. I am not surprised of my findings. Pace news limited has a ton of mystery and very left leaving alliances. The main guy it appears is a social justice guy. Not saying he is a bad guy, just slanted.

I do love my gut, very rarely lets these lazybones down.

So, since you’re in research mode, can you find a different test for us to take? So we can compare and contrast?

I agree with you. But it’s the same message with a different twist. It’s a loaded comparison.

So I found this one and for the most part seems objective. There where a few I questioned. As far as the company, I haven’t found anything that shows bias one way or the other, unlike the other quiz.

I’m not advocating this quiz or this company, but of the 4 that I looked at, this seemed the most legit.

So I found this one and for the most part seems objective. There where a few I questioned. As far as the company, I haven’t found anything that shows bias one way or the other, unlike the other quiz.

I’m not advocating this quiz or this company, but of the 4 that I looked at, this seemed the most legit.

Did you forget the link, or are you vetting?

Did you forget the link, or are you vetting?

I forgot it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom