A good exercise to start off with here... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

crosswatt

Reaction score

We've done this before on the political discussion board, but it's always fun to see where our scores fit relative to what our feelings about where we fall on the political spectrum are. So everyone feel free to take it and share your results.

I see mine under my name when I post.
    Apparently it's different if you select it under your account details yourself or do it when you register because I was just able to change it on my own (when I saw Andrus had to change a few people's upon their request) and I'm not sure if I have access to any of the three "identity" boards really.

insidejob
    I believe in a Trump-free future

JoinedMay 21, 2019Messages8Reaction score3Location70005

That's it.
    Yeah. I just went and changed to moderate just to see if it said I needed admin approval or something but nothing happened. And I can still only view the liberal board now that I've selected moderate. I think I should be "liberal" based on the identity test thread (I got even more liberal than the last time I took it) but apparently when you do it yourself if you were pre-registered, it doesn't show up under you avatar, which is dandy for me. What's it going to take to be able to post a thread in one of the three "****-only' boards? I don't have the ability to. I figure it's a post count type thing, but maybe it's because it's not tagged under my name.

Any mod who has any insight on this...an explanation would be helpful. (I understand bugs and kinks are still being worked out, so I'm not expecting some magic to happen immediately or anything.)

SmartSelect_20190928-134105_Chrome.jpg

Apparently it's different if you select it under your account details yourself or do it when you register because I was just able to change it on my own (when I saw Andrus had to change a few people's upon their request) and I'm not sure if I have access to any of the three "identity" boards really.
    I did mine via the control panel and it shows up for me, so.... not sure why yours isn't showing.

(BTW once this is resolved, it's fine for me to delete the messages to keep the posts on-topic.)

Economic Left/Right: -7.63
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74

chart.png

I was -8.38, -6.72 when we did this a couple of years ago, so apparently I've toned it down a fraction.

Yeah. I just went and changed to moderate just to see if it said I needed admin approval or something but nothing happened. And I can still only view the liberal board now that I've selected moderate.
    I asked about this on the other forum, changes are approved manually. I suggested adding some indications to show that.

Didn’t screenshot my results, but pretty much in the dead center of the green square.

We've done this before on the political discussion board, but it's always fun to see where our scores fit relative to what our feelings about where we fall on the political spectrum are. So everyone feel free to take it and share your results.

Looks like I've shifted a bit since the last time we did one of these. Still relatively the same distance from the center, though.

1569708334022.png

I picked one in my account details (where it also says it's required) and nothing shows up under my avatar. Maybe you just can't see your own?
    It will probably take a bit of time to repopulate. We're still working out the bugs on some things so we'll mark this down to check out.

It actually was in the mod queue. So I approved the switch.

Last edited:
    It will probably take a bit of time to repopulate. We're still working out the bugs on some things so we'll mark this down to check out.

It actually was in the mod queue. So I approved the switch.
    I don't mean to be a pain, but I'd only switched it to see if it made a difference in whether or not it appeared under my avatar. I think I belong in the liberal group for now at least. I figure I should start where my political test has me and if I find out that it's not where I should be after it's up and running for a while, I'd switch to moderate then.

Could you switch it back? I'm going to do it in my profile, so it should show up in your queue. Obviously no rush or anything.

I don't mean to be a pain, but I'd only switched it to see if it made a difference in whether or not it appeared under my avatar. I think I belong in the liberal group for now at least. I figure I should start where my political test has me and if I find out that it's not where I should be after it's up and running for a while, I'd switch to moderate then.

Could you switch it back? I'm going to do it in my profile, so it should show up in your queue. Obviously no rush or anything.
    I took care of it. No problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom