2024 GOP Presidential Race (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

I couldn't care less. The fact that the party tried to cancel it is the problem.

I'm not a fan of Phillips.

I was just curious if you knew if anything came from it.

The two situations you presented are different though. One is from a national RNC party declaring the winner before either all the candidates have dropped out or before the votes are counted. The other seems be a dispute on timing for submission to be on the ticket between a state DNC party and a candidate.

It wasn't the state DNC that canceled the primary in Florida though. That's what the state law dictates happens when only one candidate is submitted for a primary by the state party. A distinction without a difference perhaps, but still.

I was just curious if you knew if anything came from it.

The two situations you presented are different though. One is from a national RNC party declaring the winner before either all the candidates have dropped out or before the votes are counted. The other seems be a dispute on timing for submission to be on the ticket between a state DNC party and a candidate.

It wasn't the state DNC that canceled the primary in Florida though. That's what the state law dictates happens when only one candidate is submitted for a primary by the state party. A distinction without a difference perhaps, but still.

They are different and similar.

They are both symptoms of political parties having too much control over the process IMO.

We need a constitutional amendment that sets up single national primary, and a general election, and does away with the electoral college.

Hailey will not drop out no matter how much she loses in every state. As long as its just her and Trump, if Trump gets bumped because of his many idictments, she will be the only other one who would have the campigning stamina to continue in his place.
    I think if she gets smoked in South Carolina she may bow out

I regret my choice of words so I have returned to try again. I do not like how Biden has pushed for electric cars and how he has not moved the congress to do anything about the border. I do not like his foggy expression as he reads from a teleprompter. I wish he would retire. So...I do NOT hate Biden. I simply regret he is the President. Regarding Trump....I really dislike him. I don't want to look at his smug expression. I don't want to hear the sound of his voice.
    It is interesting that you want Biden to push congress to do something about the border. The House, controlled by Republicans, refuses to do anything because their Lord and Master has instructed them not to. That is classic party/power over country. Now, I would be willing to bet that there have been times in the past where Dermocratic majorities have failed to do something. That, in reality, does not matter. Republicans hold a majority albeit a very slim one. Screeching about the border being done by talking bobbleheads and imbecilities like Mike Johnson is meaningless. Put forth legislation.

Trump evidently doesn’t have the votes to become the nominee right now.

Trump careens from strategic mistake to egregious blunder to deranged screwup yet Faux News continues to mask it. Until Big Media (Fox, CNN, MSNBC, Sinclair) decide it's just too dangerous to let him continue, you'll have to actively look for examples of Trump's declining faculties.

Nothing Nikki does will make a damn bit of difference.

Trump careens from strategic mistake to egregious blunder to deranged screwup yet Faux News continues to mask it. Until Big Media (Fox, CNN, MSNBC, Sinclair) decide it's just too dangerous to let him continue, you'll have to actively look for examples of Trump's declining faculties.

Nothing Nikki does will make a damn bit of difference.
    It seems that moderates and independents are inclined to support Nikki H in a GENERAL Election....she'd do better than Trump in a General Election...but all the Trumpers will make sure Trump secures the nomination even though he is so polarizing.

Of course. I didn't mean to imply they wouldn't.
    Oh, I know you didn’t. It is simply interesting to me that we see these news bits about former staffers et al and the media acts like they actually mean something.

At least Haley is going on Fox and telling them the truth.

Eh, maybe, maybe not. Candidates like her have tendency to speak in absolutes regarding their potential. What she is actually saying is that she isn’t a modern Republican. There wouldn’t be enough moderates and independents to do the job because the Democrats would paint her as she is: a flip-flopper who paid obeisance to Trump merely to advance her own career. Saying she would pardon Trump reinforces that.

At least Haley is going on Fox and telling them the truth.

But can she win without Trump’s Ride or Die Base?

There are a lot of people who never voted in a presidential election before Trump

I’ve said before I’m doubtful those people (and I have no doubt the number in the millions) will vote for anyone else

Oh, I know you didn’t. It is simply interesting to me that we see these news bits about former staffers et al and the media acts like they actually mean something.
    I imagine that the much of the media is rooting for Haley and they are doing whatever they can to help her. Yet as everyone has stated, Trump's followers are loyal to him no matter what anyone says or reveals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom