2024 GOP Presidential Race (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Of course... Trump continually creates self-inflicted wounds on a daily basis...

FjjFGfwX0AI8Kg7

Gateway Pundit. Totally reliable and non-batshirt crazy source.

Since the heady days of Donald Trump’s first presidential campaign, Caleb Campbell’s congregation has been split in two. The pastor of an evangelical church in the northern suburbs of Phoenix, Arizona, he has watched his flock both energised and repulsed by the real estate tycoon’s political rise.

“When Trump would come to town, we had members of our congregation inside the building for the rally and some outside the building protesting,” he tells The Independent. “I was naive. I remember thinking that obviously people see right through this. I was shocked to discover that most people really earnestly supported not only his policies, but also his cruel and dehumanising rhetoric.”

Evangelical support for Trump was crucial to his 2016 presidential victory and has remained stubbornly high despite his consistent proximity to scandal. Pastor Campbell, who grew up as a John McCain Republican, was not one of those supporters.

He has spent much of his time since that first victory trying to guide his fellow evangelicals away from Trump and the MAGA movement, often to little avail.

Now, six years later, he believes cracks are beginning to show.

“I think what we’re seeing is people who were speaking out against it quietly four years ago are now saying the quiet part out loud,” he says……

An evangelical pastor has made it his new mission to lead his fellow Christians away from what he believes is a self-destructive worship of former President Donald Trump.

In an interview with the Toronto Globe and Mail, Pastor Caleb Campbell revealed that he decided to make wooing Christians away from the MAGA movement his personal cause after he attended a Christian event hosted by Turning Point USA, the right-wing activist group founded by Charlie Kirk.

During the event he attended, says Campbell, Kirk misappropriated quotes from the Bible in order to make it sound like God wanted Christians to be armed to the teeth with firearms.

"I was absolutely terrified and horrified," Campbell tells the Globe and Mail.

I mean, I’m glad he is realizing what many MAGA people really are. However, the Pastor surely already knew that Trump doesn’t go to church or really know anything about the Bible.

Yeah, DeSantis is incredibly thin-skinned. He cannot abide anyone or any company who will not bow and scrape before him. Or at least that’s what he has shown up until now.

Didn’t you just describe Trump?😀

Question is does Trump actually see the writing on the wall, or does he ignore and simply plow ahead?

should make for some face-cringing political theater here soon from the Republicans. Many of which will HAVE to pick a side.

Would be interesting to see what would happen if Trump loses the nomination. Still blame it on a stolen election? Maybe it was Antifa that counted the votes, just like they were behind January 6th!

In the past two presidential elections, Donald Trump had a not-so-secret weapon: control over the news cycle. Trump could, with an inflammatory tweet or unscheduled speech, grab political reporters by the prefrontal cortex and direct their coverage toward the topic of his choosing.

But he might not have that gift in 2024. Three data points tell the story.

The first comes from cable TV.

Trump tried to focus the media on himself throughout the fall of 2022 — first by repeatedly teasing his 2024 presidential run, then by announcing it on Nov. 15.

More recently, Trump dined with white nationalist Nick Fuentes and rapper Ye (the former Kanye West, who has made virulent antisemitic comments), and just a few days ago called for “terminating” the Constitution.

None of it yielded the media attention that Trump craves.

In the months leading up to Trump’s announcement, he was often ignored or hit with tough coverage. Fox News — home to numerous conservative commentators — did not talk about him much. And MSNBC, the progressive hub of cable news, covered him most in August — when the FBI searched Trump’s Mar-A-Lago home for classified documents.

Trump’s Nov. 15 announcement speech didn’t garner much coverage, either. MSNBC didn’t broadcast his announcement. Fox News briefly cut away from his live remarks. And, though the cable news covered Trump’s meeting with Ye and Fuentes, the event didn’t create a spike in Trump’s November mentions. It’s still too early to tell whether Trump’s “termination” comments about the Constitution moved the needle.

But the data we have suggest that Trump has lost command of the cable news cycle — and he might be losing his grip on the average news consumer, too. Two more data points.............

I was correct.
    It just took longer than I thought.
    Merry Christmas (early wishes ....because I am NOT back here after this post)

Last edited:
    When Trump still enjoys a 72% favorable rating among Rs, he’s not done just yet.

And when people like MTG enjoy outsize influence, and she certainly does, the R party remains the haven of extremists, and lacks viability for normal folks.

But, sure, tell yourself you were right all along. Whatever lets you sleep better.

Merry Christmas to you also.

Last edited:
    I was correct.
    It just took longer than I thought.
    Merry Christmas (early wishes ....because I am NOT back here after this post)

Are you serious with this garbage? No one has any idea how this will play out yet....red wave my arse.....

I would be encouraged if DeSantis weren't arguably worse than Trump. At this point I would settle for a GOP candidate as 'normal' as Mike Pence. He's obviously no Chris Sununu but what the GOP needs is some generic Mitt Romney-esque nominee who doesn't constantly campaign on the culture war. And now DeSantis is forming some shadow CDC in Florida promoting anti-vaxx nonsense in a sad and (what should be to most people) obvious attempt to pander for votes.

I would be encouraged if DeSantis weren't arguably worse than Trump. At this point I would settle for a GOP candidate as 'normal' as Mike Pence. He's obviously no Chris Sununu but what the GOP needs is some generic Mitt Romney-esque nominee who doesn't constantly campaign on the culture war. And now DeSantis is forming some shadow CDC in Florida promoting anti-vaxx nonsense in a sad and (what should be to most people) obvious attempt to pander for votes.
    Yes, he’s obviously either incredibly stupid or will do or say anything to get and keep political power.

And another

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) leads former President Trump by 14 points in a hypothetical 2024 GOP primary matchup, according to a new poll.

The Wall Street Journal survey released on Wednesday found that DeSantis leads Trump among likely Republican voters, 52 percent to 38 percent.

DeSantis also has an advantage in his approval rating, with 84 percent of Republicans surveyed having a favorable view of him. By comparison, 71 percent said they have a favorable view of Trump.

DeSantis’s name recognition also appears strong, as only about 10 percent of likely GOP primary voters said they did not know enough about him to have an opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom