2024 GOP Presidential Race (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

This article proclaims the latest depressing news about Trump's support and then you have the option to scroll down and view the other candidates. Photo and a blurb for each

This article proclaims the latest depressing news about Trump's support and then you have the option to scroll down and view the other candidates. Photo and a blurb for each
    At this point in the run up to the 2008 election, nobody thought Obama had a chance. If the GOP is still a viable party they will find somebody else to support. If they are more like a cult, they will be defeated in the general, whether it’s Biden or some other D candidate. That is what I am using to keep hope alive, anyway. I feel that the indictments, and especially as more and more people see the evidence of what Trump did after he lost the election, they will realize he’s really not a viable candidate.

It’s all over extreme RW Twitter that these literal Nazis are Biden supporters. I did see a clip where their leader expressed that Biden was better than Trump over support for Ukraine, but that doesn’t equate to support. They are actually DeSantis supporters, don’t let people get it twisted.

At this point in the run up to the 2008 election, nobody thought Obama had a chance. If the GOP is still a viable party they will find somebody else to support. If they are more like a cult, they will be defeated in the general, whether it’s Biden or some other D candidate. That is what I am using to keep hope alive, anyway. I feel that the indictments, and especially as more and more people see the evidence of what Trump did after he lost the election, they will realize he’s really not a viable candidate.
    There is one poster who has attached a laughing emoji and another a meme when I said I am not a Republican. Yet I am telling them and everyone else that I do not identify with the Republicans who are cult-like and support Trump. What's the word? Disavow? I disavow any link to these people.

There is one poster who has attached a laughing emoji and another a meme when I said I am not a Republican. Yet I am telling them and everyone else that I do not identify with the Republicans who are cult-like and support Trump. What's the word? Disavow? I disavow any link to these people.
    I am a voter who is registered as "Unaffiliated " and I refuse to vote for Trump. These are facts. Memes or emojis don't alter facts.

Honestly, you’re just catching flak because you’re smart enough to see the danger of Trump, but not strong enough to make the tough choice to do anything about it.

Honestly, you’re just catching flak because you’re smart enough to see the danger of Trump, but not strong enough to make the tough choice to do anything about it.
    My state...NJ will vote democratic. There is nothing I need to do except educate people that Trump should never be allowed to hold office again.

My state...NJ will vote democratic. There is nothing I need to do except educate people that Trump should never be allowed to hold office again.
    And vote for the Democratic nominee.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Your call, but no point in complaining about people reacting to your stance. That’s the point of the forum.
    You are not the judge or have the final say. I have freedom to be anti Trump AND anti Biden. I don't have to act or think in the manner you present. Good night.

I feel like some version of this conversation comes up every two months
    He just hasn’t yet come to terms with the fact that his position is worthy of the ridicule it receives.

He can either accept the ridicule or change his position. But complaining about the ridicule isn’t going to change anything.

He just hasn’t yet come to terms with the fact that his position is worthy of the ridicule it receives.

He can either accept the ridicule or change his position. But complaining about the ridicule isn’t going to change anything.
    He doesn't have to accept the ridicule either. We can also disagree and move on instead of rehashing every few months. If he changes his mind, I'm sure he'll let us know.

Differing opinions are welcome here. Going out of our way to ridicule someone for their position isn't the point of the forum.

He doesn't have to accept the ridicule either. We can also disagree and move on instead of rehashing every few months. If he changes his mind, I'm sure he'll let us know.

Differing opinions are welcome here. Going out of our way to ridicule someone for their position isn't the point of the forum.
    No, the point of the forum is to discuss politics.

I would argue that a pretty basic extension of that would be discussing the merits of various political positions.

Ridicule might be a bit strong, but when a position is nonsensical, it’s ok to point that out. And pointing it out with a simple laughing emoji and nothing more I don’t think exceeds the scope of the forum’s intent, since those emojis are included by forum administrators for our use.

And I’ll also point out that @SteveSBrickNJ reintroduced the discussion by complaining about said emojis. Otherwise, I don’t think anyone was planning to bring up the topic, yet again, for discussion.

Some "positions" are so nonsensical they deserve ridicule, that said I'm glad Steve recognized Trump for what he is.....that said, I think it's more Steve playing the victim that has some folks reacting in that way.....

No, the point of the forum is to discuss politics.
    Yes.
    I would argue that a pretty basic extension of that would be discussing the merits of various political positions.
    Sure.
    Ridicule might be a bit strong, but when a position is nonsensical, it’s ok to point that out. And pointing it out with a simple laughing emoji and nothing more I don’t think exceeds the scope of the forum’s intent, since those emojis are included by forum administrators for our use.
    Sure, that said, those were in response to him saying he's not a Republican. That's not new and he's asserted that for a while now. Him not being a Republican isn't nonsensical. I'm not getting what the issue is with that comment. You challenged him to put his money where his mouth is and he declined. It's obvious what his answer was going to be.
    And I’ll also point out that @SteveSBrickNJ reintroduced the discussion by complaining about said emojis. Otherwise, I don’t think anyone was planning to bring up the topic, yet again, for discussion.
    If he wants to complain about the emojis, that's his choice. It doesn't bother me because I've been in his shoes before. I've come around to voting for Biden as a statement against Trump, but I get why people would rather just sit it out too.

Some "positions" are so nonsensical they deserve ridicule, that said I'm glad Steve recognized Trump for what he is.....that said, I think it's more Steve playing the victim that has some folks reacting in that way.....
    I don't think not wanting to vote for either Trump or Biden is nonsensical at all. It's a choice people can make. Being antagonistic isn't going to convince him to change his approach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom