2024 GOP Presidential Race (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Yep, I'm like, how the hell is he even governor of Florida, then I think, well, it is Florida. Lol.

It's really bad that his first instinctive reaction to anything he perceives as negative toward him is to shut it down and use whatever force he has to intimidate it. He's got a history that shows over and over again, that is his response.

It's just not appropriate for an elected leader.

It's really bad that his first instinctive reaction to anything he perceives as negative toward him is to shut it down and use whatever force he has to intimidate it. He's got a history that shows over and over again, that is his response.

It's just not appropriate for an elected leader.

To me that is the definition of an authoritative wannabe dictator.....

And now he doesn't want to meet with Biden because he thinks it'll hurt his image. Here's some news... it's already damaged.

But in a stark departure from his previous visits to the Sunshine State in the wake of major disasters, Biden apparently won’t be joined by the state’s firebrand governor and GOP presidential candidate, Ron DeSantis. When asked what happened to the meeting – after the president had said Friday the two would meet – Biden told CNN as he was departing, “I don’t know,” but confirmed that he will not see DeSantis.

And now he doesn't want to meet with Biden because he thinks it'll hurt his image. Here's some news... it's already damaged.

Christie got ripped to shreds when he met with Obama after Hurricane Sandy

Christie got ripped to shreds when he met with Obama after Hurricane Sandy
    But that was wrong - Christie should have met with Obama. You cannot let the extremists dictate your actions like that. The President is the President, no matter which party he belongs to. It makes DeSantis look small and petty to not meet with Biden. Plus DeSantis needs to look more normal, since his supporters look like this:

But that was wrong - Christie should have met with Obama. You cannot let the extremists dictate your actions like that. The President is the President, no matter which party he belongs to. It makes DeSantis look small and petty to not meet with Biden. Plus DeSantis needs to look more normal, since his supporters look like this:

I agree that it was wrong, but DeSantis had to be thinking about what happened to Christie when he backed out of meeting with Biden

And to his credit, he's said multiple times, including the other day, he could give two forks about those people ripping him at the time.
    If Christie could get past the primary, that image of him and Obama would be gold, and he’d want to put it in every ad that ran in a blue or swing state. “Chris Christie, not afraid to put the good of the nation before party politics.”

If Christie could get past the primary, that image of him and Obama would be gold, and he’d want to put it in every ad that ran in a blue or swing state. “Chris Christie, not afraid to put the good of the nation before party politics.”
    Image would also be in red state ads

“Consorting with the enemy”

“Christie actually stood right next to Obama and smiled and shook his hand instead of cussing him out”

The ironic part for Haley and Christie is they would have an easier time in the general. They have no shot in their own party though.

I think either could win against Biden if they didn't have to climb over Trump to get there.

That is how messed up the RNC is now. They would rather placate the crazies than win the election. It used to be they placated the crazies to win.

The ironic part for Haley and Christie is they would have an easier time in the general. They have no shot in their own party though.

I think either could win against Biden if they didn't have to climb over Trump to get there.

That is how messed up the RNC is now. They would rather placate the crazies than win the election. It used to be they placated the crazies to win.
    Agreed 100%. They're cutting off their nose to spite their face and can't even see it. Trump has completely corrupted the party.

Image would also be in red state ads

“Consorting with the enemy”

“Christie actually stood right next to Obama and smiled and shook his hand instead of cussing him out”
    If he starts to gain traction you could see that in the primaries, but if he were to get through I don’t think you’d see that in the general.

If he were to win the nomination I could see some MAGA voters stay home, but otherwise Republicans would come home to vote for their candidate over Joe.

If he starts to gain traction you could see that in the primaries, but if he were to get through I don’t think you’d see that in the general.

If he were to win the nomination I could see some MAGA voters stay home, but otherwise Republicans would come home to vote for their candidate over Joe.
    If Christie wins the Republican nomination, he's gonna easily win the general. He'll pull a lot of independents and won't even need to court the MAGA voters. Some certainly will stay home. Most will hold their nose and vote for him.

Well @DaveXA I wouldn't go as far as to say "easily" win. He will have a lot of trump voters stay home and as bad as they are they can't win without them. Up and down the ballot mind you.

The last candidate from his lane lost to President Obama.

That was the watershed moment that lead to today imo.

The middle right is no man's land now. Biden is inherently beatable because of his age.

But no Republican is going to oust him like Clinton did to Bush Sr; just kicking his arse.

Well @DaveXA I wouldn't go as far as to say "easily" win. He will have a lot of trump voters stay home and as bad as they are they can't win without them. Up and down the ballot mind you.

The middle right is no man's land now. Biden is inherently beatable because of his age.

But no Republican is going to oust him like Clinton did to Bush Sr; just kicking his arse.
    Yeah, I would say easily if Christie pulls the same turnout Trump did. If not, then yeah, easily it isn't.

If Christie wins the Republican nomination, he's gonna easily win the general. He'll pull a lot of independents and won't even need to court the MAGA voters. Some certainly will stay home. Most will hold their nose and vote for him.

Hard disagree here, I think/hope the woman's rights issue is much larger than almost all R's (except for the Mace types which are few) care to realize.....I think it will hurt the R party in general no matter who runs....

To be fair, a talking shirte sandwich would have beaten the GOP in '08. The nation was beyond tired, beyond disgusted with Cheney and his sockpuppet, the economy was circling the toilet and we were very ready for a change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom