2022 Georgia Senate Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Senator Warnock won in a special election to fill the remainder of Johnny Isakson's seat - which expires January 2023. This means the seat is up for election in 2022, where Warnock will run as the incumbent and the GOP field that is now led by former running back Hershel Walker, who has been enthusiastically endorsed by Donald Trump.

If the event is on private property, I think the hosts can exclude the media should they choose.
    Looks to me like it was possibly in a park. 🤷‍♀️

ETA: I found this - so it was in a park.

“Hall County Republican Party "July 4th" Picnic
    Party Like a Republican! Our July 4th Celebration will be at Longwood Park at the Dogwood Pavillion, just follow the signs! We will be featuring Big Daddy's BBQ Pit with Pulled Pork, chicken wings and all the fixins. We will also have sweet tea and lemonade all included for a nominal charge of $10 per person. Speakers to be announced shortly. In order to give Big Daddy's a head count so they bring enough food we require an RSVP. Can't wait to see everyone to celebrate our freedoms!”

The county website says it’s a public park.

Party Like a Republican! Our July 4th Celebration will be at Longwood Park at the Dogwood Pavillion, just follow the signs! We will be featuring Big Daddy's BBQ Pit with Pulled Pork, chicken wings and all the fixins. We will also have sweet tea and lemonade all included for a nominal charge of $10 per person. Speakers to be announced shortly. In order to give Big Daddy's a head count so they bring enough food we require an RSVP. Can't wait to see everyone to celebrate our freedoms!”

Well, it sounds like invitation only, sort of because they request RSVP and they're charging $10. So maybe it wasn't an event open to the public? Idk. I know some parks will close to the public for planned private events. But I don't know if uninvited guests can be turned away from the park itself. Curious how it was set up.

Yeah, I don't see how they can exclude media from a public park where they are hosting a speech from a candidate for public office that the public at-large is invited to. I suppose they probably have a permit from the park management agency that they think gives them the right to control access but I don't think it does.

But they can do anything if no one challenges it.

I wonder if any of the Republicans responsible for this event will finally begin to grasp the idea of revoking consent. "We consent to you being here inside the park that we control- now we no longer consent to you being inside the park. You must leave now, regardless of prior consent."

And right on cue, Republican activist describes Hershel Walker as "a certified genius".

hmmm...about that...

“Since we don’t control the air, our good air decided to float over to China’s bad air, so when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move,” Walker explained. “So it moves over to our good air space. Then now we got to clean that back up,”

hmmm...about that...

“Since we don’t control the air, our good air decided to float over to China’s bad air, so when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move,” Walker explained. “So it moves over to our good air space. Then now we got to clean that back up,”
    We should drop a dome over the United States to protect our clean air and make China pay for it.

ATLANTA (AP) — Republican Herschel Walker’s $6.2 million in fundraising looked impressive when unveiled Wednesday, until Democrat Raphael Warnock rolled out his $17.2 million total a half-hour later.

The dueling Senate campaign numbers underlined two truths. Georgia is again going to be one of the most expensive races to run for office in 2022, and Democrats are building a strong fundraising advantage.

Like Warnock, Democrat Stacey Abrams heavily outraised incumbent Republican Brian Kemp in the race for governor, collecting almost $50 million compared to the $31 million Kemp has brought in over a longer period. Abrams and Warnock plan to run closely linked campaigns, echoing many of the same themes……

Interesting article from a great local Georgia report Greg Bluestein:

Also makes me think Warnock, and not Abrams, might turn out to be a better potential 2024 Democratic nominee should he win reelection and Biden steps down.

Does the irony of him wearing a Cassius Clay t-shirt not resonate? Ali likely shares little to none of the same “values” that this nutjob espouses….
    I'm trying to process his choice to use "Cassius Clay" instead of Mohammad Ali.

I have that same T shirt.

I have no issues with it, and it's made by Ali's clothing line so they don't have a problem with it either
    I suppose. Though it seems counter to what the man believes when he refers to it as a slave name.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom