/* */

100 Marines to Baghdad (Iran conflict discussion)(Reopened & Merged) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

We’re gonna try to stay on point in this one -🤞 .

After the Iranian admission of shooting down the Ukrainian 737, which was carrying 82 Iranian passengers, protests against the Supreme Leader have broken out.

The UK ambassador to Iran has been arrested for talking photos of the protests. President Trump has tweeted support for the protesters in English and Farsi.

Well, just tune in to MSNBC. Rachel Maddow wouldn't ever lie to you.

If Maddow were killing leaders of enemy countries that have nuclear programs and proxies throughout the Middle East, I’d probably pay closer attention to what she said on TV, and it would matter more whether or not the things she says were truthful.

Serious question: what/who would you recommend I watch? I don’t get my news from TV but I hereby pledge to do my due diligence if you have a host or show in particular that you really like and think is truthful. Not sarcasm.

If Maddow were killing leaders of enemy countries that have nuclear programs and proxies throughout the Middle East, I’d probably pay closer attention to what she said on TV, and it would matter more whether or not the things she says were truthful.

Serious question: what/who would you recommend I watch? I don’t get my news from TV but I hereby pledge to do my due diligence if you have a host or show in particular that you really like and think is truthful. Not sarcasm.

Sure, you should watch Tucker M-F @ 7pm CST on Fox. I also recommend the Greg Gutfield weekly show.

Done. Didn’t he promote the Uranium One conspiracy?

I can't say for certain, but I have never seen him discuss it. Tucker is much different than Hannity (who I can't stand) - he does his own thing. He will go off on Republicans from time to time. It's not all that frequent, but when he does he doesn't pull any punches. He's more of an anti establishment, anti corporate type than you might expect.

I can't say for certain, but I have never seen him discuss it. Tucker is much different than Hannity (who I can't stand) - he does his own thing. He will go off on Republicans from time to time. It's not all that frequent, but when he does he doesn't pull any punches. He's more of an anti establishment, anti corporate type than you might expect.
    That description seems accurate from what I understood. I saw he was ripping the admin on Iran in the last few days and I don’t think of him as being nearly as sycophantic as Hannity and some others re: Trump. Just doing a bit of googling it looks like he was all over Uranium One early on, not sure if that’s changed recently.

A deal is a deal, I’ll do my best to shed any preconceptions, check him out and report back. Will have to be when my wife is asleep or she’ll think I’m having a mental breakdown or something :LOL:

Cause that's where the money is..

That description seems accurate from what I understood. I saw he was ripping the admin on Iran in the last few days and I don’t think of him as being nearly as sycophantic as Hannity and some others re: Trump. Just doing a bit of googling it looks like he was all over Uranium One early on, not sure if that’s changed recently.

A deal is a deal, I’ll do my best to shed any preconceptions, check him out and report back. Will have to be when my wife is asleep or she’ll think I’m having a mental breakdown or something :LOL:
    forks sake you serious? Tucker? Take a long shower afterwards.

Last edited:
    Sure, you should watch Tucker M-F @ 7pm CST on Fox. I also recommend the Greg Gutfield weekly show.
    Your bastion of honesty is the guy that spent two decades attempting to stay relevant after getting owned by Jon Stewart by putting on whatever political hat he could find that endeared him to whatever right-wing grifter money he could latch onto until he landed back on Fox News promoting modern right-wing populist fascism and racism because that is the new fad? lol

....Surprisingly, not surprised.

Your bastion of honesty is the guy that spent two decades attempting to stay relevant after getting owned by Jon Stewart by putting on whatever political hat he could find that endeared him to whatever right-wing grifter money he could latch onto until he landed back on Fox News promoting modern right-wing populist fascism and racism because that is the new fad? lol

....Surprisingly, not surprised.
    I hope you have what passes for a pleasant night in your world.

Come on man Tucker is not that bad. Well I mean he could be worse.

Well I don't know what I mean?

Oh here is a good Tucker watch. My favorite part is the blame the libs part. No solution ideas and denial of all reasons people are homeless like mental health and the opioid crisis that good stuff.

I watch to figure out what the rest think or at least try and wrap my head around it.

Inappropriate behavior - attacking the poster not the post
    I hope you have what passes for a pleasant night in your world.
    likewise, I hope the nightmare thoughts of transgendered people asking you to respect their preferred pronouns, black people using their first amendment rights, or ANTIFA de-platforming the Klan at a Proud Boys rally doesn’t ruin yours. 🤙

Last edited:

We don’t watch much Fox News in my house. My impression is that Tucker promotes a brand of white supremacy that has the plausible deniability and subtlety (sort of) that Steve King hasn’t quite figured out. I don’t know much about his other politics except that he has promoted some of the other generic anti-hillary / pro-trump narratives like his fox counterparts but he’s not on the level of, say, Hannity passing info from trump to manafort in jail. I said I’d give a look at whoever Beach recommended, and now I’m curious what he covers in an hour spot. And I said I’d try to do it without preconceptions, which I will. I’ll report my honest take afterward. What’s the harm in trying to understand the psychology of those with whom we assume we share no political common ground? Trump won’t be president forever, but hopefully we’ll all still be here for a while afterward.

We don’t watch much Fox News in my house. My impression is that Tucker promotes a brand of white supremacy that has the plausible deniability and subtlety (sort of) that Steve King hasn’t quite figured out. I don’t know much about his other politics except that he has promoted some of the other generic anti-hillary / pro-trump narratives like his fox counterparts but he’s not on the level of, say, Hannity passing info from trump to manafort in jail. I said I’d give a look at whoever Beach recommended, and now I’m curious what he covers in an hour spot. And I said I’d try to do it without preconceptions, which I will. I’ll report my honest take afterward. What’s the harm in trying to understand the psychology of those with whom we assume we share no political common ground? Trump won’t be president forever, but hopefully we’ll all still be here for a while afterward.
    Judging by your posts in the last few minutes, maybe he’s much worse than I assumed he was. Guess I’ll find out soon enough. 🤷‍♂️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom