With his appeal denied, DOJ asks court to instruct Steve Bannon to report to prison (Update: Bannon ordered to prison by July 1) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    By a unanimous jury in district court in DC in July 2022, Bannon was found guilty of contempt of Congress for failing to respond to his lawful and served subpoena from the January 6 investigation. He was sentenced to four months and last week, the DC Circuit denied his appeal . . . which Bannon's attorney had previously described as "a bulletproof appeal". Though he theoretically could get relief from the SCOTUS, the high court refused Peter Navarro's writ in a nearly identical case in April.

With his appeal exhausted, DOJ moved the district court today to instruct Bannon to report to prison.

Last edited:
    No president other than Trump has ever incited an insurrection to stop Congress from certifying an election. If that doesn't happen, Bannon and Navarro are never subpoenaed in the first place.

If Trump would have asserted executive privilege, Bannon and Navarro would not have been in contempt of Congress in the second place.

If the 1948 claim is accurate that means that since then, no one has ever defied a subpoena from Congress when a president didn't assert executive privilege. Bannon and Navarro must be the first two people since 1948 that defied a subpoena without the protection of executive privilege.

Why in the world did Trump not assert executive privilege to keep Bannon and Navarro from going to jail?

And he'll resort to saying 2 guys in jail...durrr...never happened before...durrr...Biden old...Trump blah blah blah.

I read (but didn’t bookmark it) that Bannon has floated the idea that he may just not show up on July 1 for his sentence. I hope he pulls that shirt. I really, really hope he does. Traitorous coward.

I read (but didn’t bookmark it) that Bannon has floated the idea that he may just not show up on July 1 for his sentence. I hope he pulls that shirt. I really, really hope he does. Traitorous coward.
    Enough of this deference to wealthy or politically connected white guys. Bannon should have been in jail once he was convicted.

Because of Executive Privilege was asserted and it serves no legislative purpose.

The timing makes no difference at all. Once executive privilege is asserted the DOJ is out of the picture.

The House GOP clowns are actually the ones who broke precedent because nobody has EVER been held in contempt of Congress before for complying with Executive Privilege.

You don’t have to like it, but these are the facts. You have been telling whoppers in most of your posts on this topic. I doubt you will address these facts however, because just like your orange hero you don’t deal in facts. Just lies, innuendo and character assassination.
    You are like a bad broken record. Can you reply to my posts without saying the words MAGA or lie/liar? You are like a walking talking point.

The executive privilege was only asserted after the fact to protect Garland from the subpoena.

Nobody has been prosecuted for defying a congressional subpoena since 1948 besides Navarro and Bannon. Biden just loves jailing Trump or Trump supporters.

You are like a bad broken record. Can you reply to my posts without saying the words MAGA or lie/liar? You are like a walking talking point.

The executive privilege was only asserted after the fact to protect Garland from the subpoena.

Nobody has been prosecuted for defying a congressional subpoena since 1948 besides Navarro and Bannon. Biden just loves jailing Trump or Trump supporters.

If you don't want people pointing out lies, stop spreading them.

And this makes zero difference. Once executive privilege is asserted, game over. I don’t know why you are having so much trouble with basic comprehension. Executive privilege is generally asserted after something is requested or subpoenaed. This is totally normal.

As I explained already - this is most likely because nobody other than those 2 have ever just completely blown off a congressional subpoena without having any type of privilege. They had zero executive privilege and no whatever reason current members of Congress used to ignore their subpoenas. Yet, Bannon and Navarro both just ignored their subpoenas. They deserved to be prosecuted.

Biden isn’t meddling in the DOJ, unlike what Trump did. There is zero proof of what you continue to say, even though we all point it out to you every time you falsely assert it.

Yes, as long as you keep lying I will keep pointing it out. Sorry if that makes you mad. You could always quit lying.

Ok...and what of it?
    Nobody has been prosecuted for defying a congressional subpoena since 1948 besides Navarro and Bannon.
    Why does that matter? Unprecedented things happen sometimes. Can you name a list of peope who defied a Congressional subpoena and got off scot free?
    Biden just loves jailing Trump or Trump supporters.
    I mean, in your own mind sure.

I'm aware of that. It's ironic after jailing two Trump supporters that Garland gets special treatment with his subpoena after Biden claimed executive privilege.

The White House already admitted to altering the transcript. It must make Biden look very bad because we already have the transcript. It's not as if it's classified and the transcript was never released.

The Biden DOJ breaks another norm by jailing two Trump supporters eventhough nobody has been jailed for that since 1948.
    well with that logic trump jailed a bunch of his own supporters then pardoned them.

You are like a bad broken record.
    This guy leads off with the above statement. Make a mental note of it, because we'll circle back to it.

So when does this guy expect Biden to assert executive privilege, before the information is requested?

So Biden is a criminal mastermind, who's also mentally diminished, and also can see the future to know to assert executive privilege before privileged information is requested?

Nobody has been prosecuted for defying a congressional subpoena since 1948 besides Navarro and Bannon.
    This guy is the actual, to quote this guy, "bad broken record."

He keeps repeating the above comment while ignoring everyone that replies to him with explanations.

Navvarro and Bannon are the first since 1948 because:
    1. Trump incited an insurrection to stop the certification of the election that he knew he lost.
    2. Of course, we investigated that attempted coup by Trump.
    3. Of course, the investigating committer subpoenaed Navarro and Bannon, because they were part of the attempted coup.
    4. Of course, Navarro and Bannon ignored the subpoena and refused to testify, because they were part of the attempted coup.
    5. Navarro and Bannon trusted Trump to assert executive privilege to keep them out of trouble and out of jail.
    6. Of course, Trump didn't assert executive privilege to keep Navarro and Bannon out of jail.
    Navarro's and Bannon's being the first jailed since 1948 is completely Trump's fault, because Trump didn't assert executive privilege like he could have.

Navarro and Bannon being the first to do jail time since 1948 has everything to do with Trump and nothing to do with Biden.

Last edited:
    Bannon has another upcoming felony trial. I hope he gets real time, not a stupid 4 month sentence. I hope he gets to die in prison.

Do you know what a state case is?

However, I do love seeing Trumphumpers in jail as well as all of his corrupt best people including Trump himself. That is flat out the best thing that can happen to the country.

And, no, Biden and the DOJ have done nothing like you and every MAGA have claimed.

Go back to Freeperville.

If the SCOTUS does what they're supposed to, they're gonna decline to review the case. Not sure this is a SCOTUS type of case.
    I believe that’s what happened to Navarro, although I don’t remember what level his appeal reached.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom