With his appeal denied, DOJ asks court to instruct Steve Bannon to report to prison (Update: Bannon ordered to prison by July 1) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    By a unanimous jury in district court in DC in July 2022, Bannon was found guilty of contempt of Congress for failing to respond to his lawful and served subpoena from the January 6 investigation. He was sentenced to four months and last week, the DC Circuit denied his appeal . . . which Bannon's attorney had previously described as "a bulletproof appeal". Though he theoretically could get relief from the SCOTUS, the high court refused Peter Navarro's writ in a nearly identical case in April.

With his appeal exhausted, DOJ moved the district court today to instruct Bannon to report to prison.

Last edited:
    Is it this one?

IMG_2536.gif

I read online that a MAGA judge is slowing this down. He doesn’t have an order to go yet if what I read is correct.

And I read that Bannon’s lawyer was dressed down by the judge for standing up and yelling at the judge after he handed down the report order. Where do they get these guys?

I think it's some kind of weird manifestation of narcissism. Whether it's law or religion, they think that the authority necessarily supports their agenda - but when it comes to its actual application, it shouldn't apply to them in any sort of objective sense. And they're incensed when it does.

If you don't have a basis to quash a subpoena, you have to respond and appear. It's so basic.

Please say he is going to a PYITA prison

I will buy 30 cartons of cigarettes to anyone who shanks that fat fork

I didn’t realize he has another trial starting in September. Hopefully he gets convicted and just never leaves jail.

Steve Bannon, the former Trump aide and far-right podcaster who was recently sentenced to prison, is asking a judge to intervene and keep him out of jail so that he can fulfill his “important” role in the Trump campaign.

Bannon filed an emergency motion to the DC Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday, asking it to overturn a lower court’s order for him to report to prison on July 1.

He has asked for more time to appeal his contempt of Congress conviction - up to the Supreme Court if necessary - and continue serving as a “top advisor “to Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign.

“The government seeks to imprison Mr Bannon for the four-month period leading up to the November election, when millions of Americans look to him for information on important campaign issues,” Bannon’s lawyer wrote.

“Yet from prison, Mr Bannon’s ability to participate in the campaign and comment on important matters of policy would be drastically curtailed, if not eliminated.”…..

Steve Bannon, the former Trump aide and far-right podcaster who was recently sentenced to prison, is asking a judge to intervene and keep him out of jail so that he can fulfill his “important” role in the Trump campaign.

Bannon filed an emergency motion to the DC Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday, asking it to overturn a lower court’s order for him to report to prison on July 1.

He has asked for more time to appeal his contempt of Congress conviction - up to the Supreme Court if necessary - and continue serving as a “top advisor “to Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign.

“The government seeks to imprison Mr Bannon for the four-month period leading up to the November election, when millions of Americans look to him for information on important campaign issues,” Bannon’s lawyer wrote.

“Yet from prison, Mr Bannon’s ability to participate in the campaign and comment on important matters of policy would be drastically curtailed, if not eliminated.”…..

Aww, he had his widdle feelings hurt. Aww, cry me a forking river.

Biden, Democrats & the media: "Nobody is above the law"

Apparently Garland is above the law since they won't prosecute him for defying a subpoena.

Who else has been prosecuted for ignoring a congressional subpoena besides Navarro and Bannon?

Biden, Democrats & the media: "Nobody is above the law"

Apparently Garland is above the law since they won't prosecute him for defying a subpoena.

Who else has been prosecuted for ignoring a congressional subpoena besides Navarro and Bannon?
    The Garland subpoena is nothing short of a joke, which, considering the sheet show that is the US House GOP, is not surprising.

The Garland subpoena is nothing short of a joke, which, considering the sheet show that is the US House GOP, is not surprising.
    Do tell what special rules allows Garland to sidestep a subpoena(nobody is above the law except Democrats) after he put 2 Trump supporters in jail for the same thing he did.

I don't expect a specific response to that question. Can you prove me wrong?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom