Who wins tonight, and when does the loser concede? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

el caliente

Reaction score
    I have Biden winning (I didn’t vote for him), and 3 weeks later Trump will concede.
    What you got?

He might stomach admitting defeat like that if it would also protect him from prosecutions by states. He's at risk of as much if not more legal liability at the state level and a pardon doesn't protect him from that.

For federal crimes or charges, sure, but yea, I would think it doesn't affect the SDNY case.

I hope Trump (if he loses ) never concedes. It would be the perfect end to the crybaby in chief presidency we have endured.

He has poison pilled the Republican party for maybe a full generation.
    I think he's co-opted the Republican party and based on past behavior I expect him to turn his supporters against every elected Republican who hasn't publicly gone all in on claiming the election was stolen. I expect Trump to turn most of his ire against those closest to him and those who he thinks have been disloyal allies, like his "fellow" Republicans.

He was never going to go quietly. It's all marketing. The way this is panning out, unfortunately, helps add fuel to the fire.

Will be gone? You haven't seen Obama lately I guess.
    During campaign season past president's have always campaigned. What have you heard from Obama before election campaigns started? How many times did he respond to the hundreds of times that Trump falsely accused Obama's administration.

I guess we aren't going to move past the "but Obama did it" mantra until Trump is officially out of office.

During campaign season past president's have always campaigned. What have you heard from Obama before election campaigns started? How many times did he respond to the hundreds of times that Trump falsely accused Obama's administration.

I guess we aren't going to move past the "but Obama did it" mantra until Trump is officially out of office.

There's an argument to be made that Obama was more aggressive in his campaigning for Biden/against Trump than past presidents but that comes with the caveat that we're talking about Donald Trump. I suspect if we were talking about a Biden vs Romney campaign that wouldn't have been the case.

Yeah, I forgot those deals all the other Presidents made to produce multiple film productions.

Yeah, I forgot those deals all the other Presidents made to produce multiple film productions.
    Name the productions and their political presidential content. How is a multiple film deal any different than book and speaking circuit deals that are not critical of a current presidential administration?

We can only hope that Trump will behave the same way that Obama has for the past four years, instead of continuing to act like a petulant child.

We can only hope that Trump will behave the same way that Obama has for the past four years, instead of continuing to act like a petulant child.

He isn't going away. He is going to rage on twitter until he is in jail or dies. He's going to keep fanning those flames. Maybe sell some trump commemorative coins. Wouldn't surprise me if he is also given a paid gig to continue his rallies (people would still flock to hear him spew bullshirt). Republicans could still use him to garner more votes for their cause

He isn't going away. He is going to rage on twitter until he is in jail or dies. He's going to keep fanning those flames. Maybe sell some trump commemorative coins. Wouldn't surprise me if he is also given a paid gig to continue his rallies (people would still flock to hear him spew bullshirt). Republicans could still use him to garner more votes for their cause

It's more likely he decides Republicans betrayed him and goes hard trying to undermine them in their elections.

I think we should compare past President:
    Nixon - left in disgrace
    Ford - lost election and cloud of Nixon.
    Carter - lost 2nd election, not a spotlight seeker, low key after leaving.
    Reagan - 77 and possible mental failing.
    GHWB - 68, lost 2nd election, ongoing war, and low key.
    Clinton - 54, sex scandal, ran foundation, and took 2nd to wife’s career but campaigned.
    GWB - 62, left office during a crisis and wars on two fronts, very unpopular at the end, uncomfortable in the spotlight. Trashed McCain to get elected.
    Obama - 55. Entered a crisis and left a growing economy. Popular. Relatively quiet until the election. Trump started birtherism.

Presidents who lose, leave under a shadow, leave during ongoing war, or age out don’t seem to have much public presence. Obama has been restrained during Trump’s presidency, but former presidents always campaigned. GWB not campaigning says more about Trump than Obama.

It's more likely he decides Republicans betrayed him and goes hard trying to undermine them in their elections.

I'm not seeing that, because I've already seen many pundits on faux news calling this a fraud election, rigged, stolen etc. I'm always seen tweets by (R) congressmen saying essentially the same thing. There are a lot on his side, fanning the flames

I'm not seeing that, because I've already seen many pundits on faux news calling this a fraud election, rigged, stolen etc. I'm always seen tweets by (R) congressmen saying essentially the same thing. There are a lot on his side, fanning the flames

Those have been his most ardent supporters. GOP leadership has been telling him to produce evidence of fraud or stop talking about it. Reporting out of the WH has been that Trump has spent the day complaining that not enough Republicans are defending him publicly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom