Who wins tonight, and when does the loser concede? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

el caliente

Reaction score
    I have Biden winning (I didn’t vote for him), and 3 weeks later Trump will concede.
    What you got?

Even if Trump realizes he's lost, conceding would be off-brand to his new network/grift scheme he will establish to continued to bilk money from his base. So it doesn't make financial sense to him. And that is the only lens through which Trump views the world. Honestly, he might want to lose because he stands to profit far more as private citizen/former President riling up his base than he does as President.

I think that's true and rational in its own twisted way. But I don't think he would refuse to conceded based on that analysis. I think he would conclude that any loss is the result of some kind of illegitimate process and he would claim that to his dying day. To the extent that his refusal gives him footing to claim some sort of opposition and continue to make money from it, that's a product of his refusal to accept defeat, not a premise for it.

IMO.

Even if Trump realizes he's lost, conceding would be off-brand to his new network/grift scheme he will establish to continued to bilk money from his base. So it doesn't make financial sense to him. And that is the only lens through which Trump views the world. Honestly, he might want to lose because he stands to profit far more as private citizen/former President riling up his base than he does as President.

I really think the specter of SDNY investigations are settling in as well. You couple that with his NPD, and quite honestly, i dont know when this ever subsides. ( his rancor toward anyone opposite him )

Biden. Tomorrow Trump gives a speech where he says “they say we didn’t win. We are looking into voter fraud and will decide what we will do.” I think he is hoping that Pennsylvania is the only state holding him back. If so, he files a lawsuit. If not, he continues with saying “we will issue a report in two weeks about the fraud” but never produces anything. He leaves without conceding and does not appear for the inauguration.

Here's my version of the question:

After Biden wins, does Trump even show up for the inauguration? Does he even attempt a speech that is anything other than ramblings about the unfair rigged election?
    I’ve said no. I even expect him to resign that morning so Pence can pardon him.

He sounded defeated this am on Fox, from the small clip I heard. He actually said he will only declare victory if there is a real victory, and that there’s no reason to play games. He sounded absolutely subdued.

I was thinking the same thing listening to him this morning. But that will probably all change once he has a nap today and get's a couple of bumps of Adderall.

If Biden legitimately loses, he'll concede.

If Trump does lose (my head says he will, my heart says "count me out, I'm not doing this again,"), I can see Trump conceding, eventually, begrudingly, in an "I'm conceding but not really because the election was stolen" way, for a few 'reasons'. In an attempt to spin the pardon of Nixon following his resignation into a "you can't prosecute me because I conceded" line. In an attempt to portray any subsequent investigations and prosecutions that do happen as a particularly egregious offense because he "gave such a nice concession, even though I won". It's that, "I did this, so now you have to do that," type of deal-making that appeals to a certain sort of person.

I also don't think he'd need to refuse to concede to continue to bilk the masses. If he loses, I think there's a decent chance he launches a Trump 2024 campaign and just carries on Trumping all over the place whether he 'concedes' or not.

But it's also entirely plausible he just couldn't bring himself to do even that.

I’ve said no. I even expect him to resign that morning so Pence can pardon him.
    I'd think if he couldn't bring himself to concede, he'd also be unable to bring himself to resign for much the same reason. Both amount to a public acknowledgement of defeat.

It’s cool. We boilers are a special kind of tortured. You are the only one here who knows what I am talking about when I mention “the fumble”

I still haven’t recovered and it was 16 years ago

Oof, yes, that was just horrible. Could see it coming, I felt so helpless. 🤢

We were going to win the B1g and play for the National Championship if that didn’t happen. I am sure if it. He had the first down too. All he had to do was fall down.

Sorry for bringing up such pain - especially today.

Here this will help-

ETA- for the rest of you Saints fans I recommend you watch it as well. This is Drew just being Drew and willing his team to a victory

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom