Who was it that Said Politically Correct was dead? (1 Viewer)

< Previous | Next >

Joe Okc

Better Days
Reaction score
Looks like it's alive and kicking to me... Sheezzzzzz.. Really...

The farmer-owned dairy cooperative, which produces butter, cheese and other milk products, has dropped the Native American maiden image from its packaging, opting instead for just a landscape.
The logo, which has been the company’s label for nearly 100 years since it was founded in Minnesota in 1921, has been called “racist” and criticized for its use of the “butter maiden.”

Last edited:

surada

Reaction score
Most off-topic response I've seen in a while - and that's saying a lot. Talk about false equivalencies.
I have always used Land of Lakes Butter and I never realized the Indian maiden was insulting.

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
Reaction score
Thank you for posting a picture of an actual Indian "Maiden". As someone who was previously engaged to an Indian woman - you know, like FROM INDIA - it annoys the crap out of me seeing people still referring to Native Americans as "Indians." Columbus was an idiot who must have been an awful navigator to get here and think he'd reached India. Especially when you consider that the trade routes to India were pretty well known at that time.
My brother in law's wife is from India. She grew up there until she was in her early 20's; met my BIL in a school in Europe.

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
Reaction score
Answering you comments sir... Land O Lakes had every right to change their logo if they wanted to... But the sad part is "IF" they had to change their 100 year old logo due to just a few voices speaking displeasure... In their thoughts it would be better to just get rid of her than worry about reprocussion, bad press or protests by a few folks with nothing better to do...
Did you even read the press release linked in the Fox News page? Or you just went with what Fox News told you? Ok... that was rhetorical. :hihi: Because that is why you are so riled up about this. Because Fox told you you should be by pointing out that it was considered racist, and posting some tweets that call the imagery racist.

The press release says the following (which BTW, it is quoted in the Fox article as well):

“As Land O’Lakes looks toward our 100th anniversary, we’ve recognized we need packaging that reflects the foundation and heart of our company culture—and nothing does that better than our farmer-owners whose milk is used to produce Land O’Lakes’ dairy products,” said Beth Ford, President and CEO, Land O’Lakes. "

Are you calling Mrs Ford a liar?

Take a look at this comment here: North Dakota Rep. (Dem) Ruth Buffalo said of the previous Land O'Lakes logo went "hand-in-hand with human and sex trafficking of our women and girls ... by depicting Native women as sex objects,
And ... ? She's Native American. What is it to you if she feels that way? You don't live in the reservation. Are you going to tell her how she should feel about the plight of Native Americans post the European invasion?

Has old Ruth Buffulo said a word about Joe Biden and his Sexual accusations? Nope.. Not a peep.. But she sure saved the world from that package of butter.
So, first, what does this have to do with Land O'Lakes? And how did she save the world from that package of butter? She had nothing to do with Land O'Lakes changing their logo.

Second, how do you know she hasn't said anything? It's not like Rep. Buffalo is E.F. Hutton. Do you follow her on twitter or something?

Besides, the Democrats already sacrificed one of their brightest and more promising figures to the #metoo gods. Who has the GOP sacrificed? Why should the Democrats continue to sacrifice their own while the GOP only runs out of town those who do not kiss Trump's arse?

But back to butter...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

< Previous | Next >

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Fact Checkers News Feed

Top Bottom