What would RUSA and DUSA look like? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

CajuninVA

Reaction score
    Optimus Prime's post about Civil War 2 really feels a little too plausible for me to want to think about it. But knowing your destination is important in informing you in if you feel a journey is worth it or not. So, in that vein, I'm asking what do people feel like a Republican USA (RUSA) and Democratic USA (DUSA) would look like if they formed? Is that the wrong form of the question and should it be Conservative USA and Progressive USA? I don't want to get caught up on who gets what geographically. I'm asking about what kind of government would there be? Any guaranteed rights? What role does religion play? Who is and isn't welcome? What kind of economy? How are people educated? How likely is that government to succeed?

And if I think too hard about this, I feel like the above option is much better than what is likely to happen. I fear an attempt to have a population minority government rule the majority. And pretty soon the people who "hate" government overreach are using that exact thing to push their agenda/beliefs on others.

I don't necessarily have an answer to offer on my own question. I feel like the initial thoughts I put down are a bit stereotypical. But then again, I feel like at least for RUSA, stereotypes work because they don't necessarily generate the types of folks that challenge the norms. DUSA on the other hand seems like it could start out Utopian in intent but would have to track back to pragmatism and realism at some point.

Optimus Prime's post about Civil War 2 really feels a little too plausible for me to want to think about it. But knowing your destination is important in informing you in if you feel a journey is worth it or not. So, in that vein, I'm asking what do people feel like a Republican USA (RUSA) and Democratic USA (DUSA) would look like if they formed? Is that the wrong form of the question and should it be Conservative USA and Progressive USA? I don't want to get caught up on who gets what geographically. I'm asking about what kind of government would there be? Any guaranteed rights? What role does religion play? Who is and isn't welcome? What kind of economy? How are people educated? How likely is that government to succeed?

And if I think too hard about this, I feel like the above option is much better than what is likely to happen. I fear an attempt to have a population minority government rule the majority. And pretty soon the people who "hate" government overreach are using that exact thing to push their agenda/beliefs on others.

I don't necessarily have an answer to offer on my own question. I feel like the initial thoughts I put down are a bit stereotypical. But then again, I feel like at least for RUSA, stereotypes work because they don't necessarily generate the types of folks that challenge the norms. DUSA on the other hand seems like it could start out Utopian in intent but would have to track back to pragmatism and realism at some point.
    I think you're trying to describe that which is liquid, as if it were a solid with defined end points.

if one party gets ahead of the other party too much, then the party that is "out" will modify their stance such to bring it back into balance. In that regard politics is liquid.

Politics is also a time traveler. An issue that was a progressive pipe dream during one time period will age and turn into a Conservative bed rock during another period, That's also a liquid quality.

It’s not as simple as red states and blue states

More people voted for Trump in California than in Texas

The major cities in red states tend to be a blue oasis

The poorest states (which tend to be red states) are where they are while getting a shirt ton in federal aid, what do they look like without it?

it would be a hot mess

Last edited:
    I wonder if DUSA would be able to do business with RUSA. DUSA would have much safer work places and many more rules that industry would need to follow whereas RUSA would probably resemble something like the industrial revolution when company towns ruled. RUSA companies would have to comply with DUSA standards or they wouldn't get the business.

DUSA would buy products from RUSA because they would cost so much less to make in RUSA because of the lack of regulation. Of course, RUSA citizens would be constantly trying to come to DUSA for healthcare because they wouldn't be able to afford it in RUSA.

Simply put, IMO, RUSA would become the new Mexico/China/North Korea/radical Islamic state. Their citizens would believe whatever they are being told to believe by the state run TV networks. They would have poor wages, horrible education systems, little or no public transporation and their environment would be a disaster. DUSA would probably have to build a wall to keep them out. How ironic that would be.

DUSA on the other hand seems like it could start out Utopian in intent but would have to track back to pragmatism and realism at some point.

DUSA is to the right of every wealthy European country. When people talk about Democrats ideals not being grounded in reality, what exactly are you referencing? Propaganda? If DUSA decided not to be the world police, and/or making the ultra-wealthy pay their taxes. You can have M4A, clean drinking water, and a college education, let's not pretend like those are fantasies.

DUSA is to the right of every wealthy European country. When people talk about Democrats ideals not being grounded in reality, what exactly are you referencing? Propaganda? If DUSA decided not to be the world police, and/or making the ultra-wealthy pay their taxes. You can have M4A, clean drinking water, and a college education, let's not pretend like those are fantasies.

my thinking is similar to this ^
    but in hypothetical scenarios I guess:
    DUSA would (ideally) be similar to Finland or Norway
    RUSA would be... maybe like Iran?

Would RUSA become a theocracy? That’s what a distressing amount of the current crop of Rs want.

I was referring to Utopia not necessarily being reality. Didn't say others weren't experiencing some form of happiness and success in Liberal/Progressive countries.

I think RUSA would trend towards a theocracy. I think DUSA would be similar to some Scandinavian countries.

One economic downside for DUSA I think is that industry would mostly relocate out of DUSA for the lower regulations and taxes. DUSA would need to do a lot of importing.

One economic downside for DUSA I think is that industry would mostly relocate out of DUSA for the lower regulations and taxes. DUSA would need to do a lot of importing.
    That's the observation is that which is the crux of why I think "things" will keep "things" in balance so that we don't get to a point that we entirely split in two a DUSA and a RUSA. If a spit like that happened it would strand a labor force living in DUSA from it's jobs, which would be in RUSA.

Nothing would grow better for either place, it would create more poorly over all.

That's the observation is that which is the crux of why I think "things" will keep "things" in balance so that we don't get to a point that we entirely split in two a DUSA and a RUSA. If a spit like that happened it would strand a labor force living in DUSA from it's jobs, which would be in RUSA.

Nothing would grow better for either place, it would create more poorly over all.

I laugh at the idea that blue states would hemorrhage businesses to red states. It doesn't happen now on any kind of major scale. California has almost double the economy of Texas which is 2nd. Also, if you look at gdp per capita of every state, the only red states that show up are oil exporters. Deregulation isn't all that pro-business when you can't keep the lights on, ala Texas.

I laugh at the idea that blue states would hemorrhage businesses to red states. It doesn't happen now on any kind of major scale. California has almost double the economy of Texas which is 2nd. Also, if you look at gdp per capita of every state, the only red states that show up are oil exporters. Deregulation isn't all that pro-business when you can't keep the lights on, ala Texas.
    But you do have to consider that DUSA, unencumbered by conservative lawmakers, may push much further to the left with taxation and regulation, which could create the environment where business does believe it’s better to go elsewhere.

On the other hand, RUSA, unencumbered by liberals, could quickly devolve into a fascist state with very different, but equally extreme regulations on daily life that quash business by causing economic difficulties for consumers via income inequality.

But you do have to consider that DUSA, unencumbered by conservative lawmakers, may push much further to the left with taxation and regulation, which could create the environment where business does believe it’s better to go elsewhere.

On the other hand, RUSA, unencumbered by liberals, could quickly devolve into a fascist state with very different, but equally extreme regulations on daily life that quash business by causing economic difficulties for consumers via income inequality.

They probably will push forward with higher taxation, and regulations, but neither of those things now cause a drop in GDP, or job loss. AFAIK, the vast majority of jobs outsourced now are because of labor cost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom