What would RUSA and DUSA look like? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

CajuninVA

Reaction score
    Optimus Prime's post about Civil War 2 really feels a little too plausible for me to want to think about it. But knowing your destination is important in informing you in if you feel a journey is worth it or not. So, in that vein, I'm asking what do people feel like a Republican USA (RUSA) and Democratic USA (DUSA) would look like if they formed? Is that the wrong form of the question and should it be Conservative USA and Progressive USA? I don't want to get caught up on who gets what geographically. I'm asking about what kind of government would there be? Any guaranteed rights? What role does religion play? Who is and isn't welcome? What kind of economy? How are people educated? How likely is that government to succeed?

And if I think too hard about this, I feel like the above option is much better than what is likely to happen. I fear an attempt to have a population minority government rule the majority. And pretty soon the people who "hate" government overreach are using that exact thing to push their agenda/beliefs on others.

I don't necessarily have an answer to offer on my own question. I feel like the initial thoughts I put down are a bit stereotypical. But then again, I feel like at least for RUSA, stereotypes work because they don't necessarily generate the types of folks that challenge the norms. DUSA on the other hand seems like it could start out Utopian in intent but would have to track back to pragmatism and realism at some point.

But it completely is in their (MAGA) mindset. You see, the real "patriots" are those who want to preserve the USA, not those liberal, progressive Democrats. There are to many minorities, immigrants and liberals in the USA. So if the real "patriots" need to separate from the rest of the other people to preserve the USA, then that's what it takes.

They're already doing this by moving to states like Florida and Texas where they have supermajorities in government and can continue to concentrate power to live out there repressive utopia. The problem is there aren't enough of them and they're losing states like Georgia and Arizona in the process, so best to separate now.

How many pickup trucks fly both the Confederate and US flags? Tons. Cognitive dissonance is addictive, for sure.

Guess this can go here
    ================

ONTARIO, Ore. — The Snake River has formed the border of Oregon and Idaho for more than a century and a half, slicing through fields of onions, sugar beets and wheat that roll out for miles through Treasure Valley.

Here on the Oregon side, where Bob Wheatley has lived his entire life, are a collection of high-end cannabis shops, a new Planned Parenthood clinic, and gas prices a dollar higher than those just over the river.

Across the river in the town of Fruitland, in western Idaho, new housing subdivisions stretch out for miles from the main streets. Agriculture, bottling and construction businesses that just months ago were based in Oregon are thriving.

One of Fruitland’s new problems is building enough schools to accommodate the out-of-state arrivals, many of them from Oregon.

“Things have changed,” said Wheatley, who retired recently after five decades as a local pharmacist. “And it’s the politics that have changed fastest.”

These twin towns across an old border straddle a seam in the nation’s deepening political polarization, neighboring opposites living under starkly different laws.

The river separates states that, perhaps more than in any other part of the nation, embrace the two parties’ most extreme positions on gun control, abortion rights, environmental regulation, drug legalization and other issues at the center of the American political debate.

The result in eastern Oregon, from the volcanic Cascade Range to this border town, is a sense of profound political alienation. The disaffection among conservatives has spawned a movement to change the state’s political dynamic in a novel if quixotic way — rather than relocate or change the politics, which seems impossible to many here, why not move the border and become residents who live under the rules of Idaho?

This is no small task.

Both the Oregon and Idaho state legislatures, which are controlled by Democrats and Republicans, respectively, would have to approve a border shift, which in this case would be the most significant geographically since Western states began forming in the mid-19th century. The issue would then go to the U.S. Congress.

But, as more than two dozen interviews across the state made clear, there is momentum behind the cause among a lightly populated region of ranch land, swift rivers and vast pine forests. It is known formally as the Greater Idaho movement.

So far 12 counties in central and eastern Oregon have voted in favor of local ballot measures that compel county leaders to study the idea of moving the border about 270 miles west. The movement envisions 14 full counties joining Idaho, along with parts of others.

A 13th county is scheduled to take up the question on the May 2024 ballot. The region accounts for less than 10 percent of Oregon’s population, but most of its territory.

The push to change the border is rooted in policy differences and a sense that, in Oregon, there will be no way for conservatives to influence the laws and regulations made by the elected representatives of the far more numerous Democratic voters who live on the western side of the Cascades.

Idaho offers a much more comfortable political home for eastern Oregon’s conservatives, who live in many of the most racially homogenous counties in the state. In nearly every county that has voted to explore joining Idaho, White residents account for more than 80 percent of the population……..

We would love nothing more than for those freeloading troglodytes to leave and remove their worthless burden.

Unfortunately Idaho doesn't want them as they are a giant suck on the tax base.

They are rubes that are mad that they live in a liberal stronghold. We even gave them a seat at the table when we redrew our congressional maps to add our new seat.

Snowflakes all of them

We would love nothing more than for those freeloading troglodytes to leave and remove their worthless burden.

Unfortunately Idaho doesn't want them as they are a giant suck on the tax base.

They are rubes that are mad that they live in a liberal stronghold. We even gave them a seat at the table when we redrew our congressional maps to add our new seat.

Snowflakes all of them
    Don’t beat around the bush

Why don’t you say how you really feel?

Don’t beat around the bush

Why don’t you say how you really feel?
    Eastern Oregon = Falcons fans

That is about as clear as I can be

ETA- The more I think about this comparison the more I like it.

Eastern Oregon and Their stadium. Both are sparsely populated shirtholes with wrong headed malcontents

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom