What happens to the Republican Party now? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Whatever happens to the Republican Party I hope it doesn’t reflects better than this.

“Can you commit to stop funding fossil fuels?”

“No”

“Well I hope everyone who had student loans that we just forgave take their money out of your bank.”

“Okay”

Whatever happens to the Republican Party I hope it doesn’t reflects better than this.

“Can you commit to stop funding fossil fuels?”

“No”

“Well I hope everyone who had student loans that we just forgave take their money out of your bank.”

“Okay”

Jamie Dimon should be in jail for his bank’s part in the Great Recession.

In an effort to be fair....these are comments he made 20 years ago when he was a college student.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't be looked at, or that any other statements he has made shouldn't be brought up....but the tweet makes it sound like he just said that recently.

In an effort to be fair....these are comments he made 20 years ago when he was a college student.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't be looked at, or that any other statements he has made shouldn't be brought up....but the tweet makes it sound like he just said that recently.

Fair enough - but it wasn't just comments, he was involved in a group and everything. It was a firmly held belief.

Indeed it was 20 years ago and he was in college, but I do think that evidence of certain, highly inflammatory beliefs remain fair game for the rest of the person's life . . . unless they have a demonstrated history of reversing course and becoming the opposite of those things.

Like "I was a Nazi but I was in my 20s" or "I was in the KKK, but I was in my 20s". Fine, you can be redeemed if you have demonstrated that you have reversed those beliefs, in earnest and advocated against them.

Fair enough - but it wasn't just comments, he was involved in a group and everything. It was a firmly held belief.

Indeed it was 20 years ago and he was in college, but I do think that evidence of certain, highly inflammatory beliefs remain fair game for the rest of the person's life . . . unless they have a demonstrated history of reversing course and becoming the opposite of those things.

Like "I was a Nazi but I was in my 20s" or "I was in the KKK, but I was in my 20s". Fine, you can be redeemed if you have demonstrated that you have reversed those beliefs, in earnest and advocated against them.
    This is not something that a campaign addresses with a weak statement from a spokesperson. He needs to address this himself - and he needs to come across as sincerely rebuking his former positions. Anything less leads to the conclusion that he probably still privately holds those beliefs.

Welp, it appears according to WaPo that Matt Gaetz will not get charged.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -A leading U.S. conservative group is pressuring Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives to shun "left-leaning" corporations that take stances on social issues such as abortion, election reform and LGBTQ rights, in exchange for its endorsement for party leadership positions.

As House Republicans began rolling out their campaign agenda for the Nov. 8 midterm elections, the influential Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, called on the lawmakers to pledge not to meet with executives and lobbyists from companies that "have been hostile to policies that help all Americans."

"This is the Republican Party's moment to declare independence from corporate special interest money that flows from left-leaning large publicly traded companies," CPAC Chairman Matt Schlapp said in a Sept. 22 letter sent to more than 200 House Republican lawmakers.

The letter, based on the expectation that Republicans would regain control of the House in November, represents the latest push by the political right to reset the Republican Party's once close relationship with corporate America since Donald Trump's presidency.............

Nice….(not really)

Rebuked??? What does that even mean these days? They will publicly "rebuke" him, but when he wins, the GOP will embrace him as they always have done in the past.

Welp, it appears according to WaPo that Matt Gaetz will not get charged.
    I would not take this as gospel. This silly fox news, jaworski "kap is the greatest qb of all time and then talk about it the whole day", trump tactic of manufactured news wont work on the doj.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom