What happens to the Republican Party now? (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Look at Madison Cawthorn’s signature!

oh my god he is an 8 year old!
    You beat me to it. Was going to add a remark on that. Maybe I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that his writing was impacting by the injury that rendered him wheelchair-bound but I'm probably being too kind.

Referring to Jim Jordan's tweet

=======================

United States Representative Jim Jordan wrote the following to accompany a video of University of Wisconsin students going wild before the opening game of the college football season: “Real America is done with #COVID19. God bless!” the Ohio Republican tweeted.

I’m confident he didn’t mean to, but Jordan has provided us with perhaps the best illustration of what it means to be an American fascist today. Unfortunately, most people most of the time won’t see it. Jordan’s tweet appears all-American! It’s not, though. It’s anti-American.

When Republicans say “Real America,” they are not talking about the real America. They are not talking about the actual sovereign nation where you and I and everyone we know live. They are not talking about 50 sovereign states making up a federation — a union — based on a written Constitution and the rule of law, founded on equality and dedicated to the principles of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

To be sure, they want those things. They just don’t want everyone else to have those things. If everyone else did have them, the Republicans wouldn’t be what they tell themselves they are. “Real Americans.”.........

In Real America, as opposed to the real America, social relationships and political power are structured according to “the way things are,” according to “the natural order,” according to God’s will. As such, God rules over Mankind, men rule over women and white Christian men rule over everyone else. To GOP confederates, this is not their doing. It’s God’s. As such, anything that threatens ordered power threatens God and is deserving of any kind of response necessary to defeating it..........

Last edited:
    I can't take the man seriously because he refuses to wear a coat even when he's conducting his duties inside the Capitol.

Cawthorn said in a deposition, "You know, suffering from a brain injury after the accident definitely I think it slowed my brain down a little bit. Made me less intelligent.”

But he’s “filing a Bill” yall!

The smartest thing this clown has ever done is end up in a wheelchair so he has something to blame his total mediocrity on.

I hope judges and courts start warning lawyers of the consequences of filing such lawsuits without evidence. I hope they tell them in no uncertain terms that they will be putting their livelihood at stake if they pursuit these types of lawsuits.

This is so transparent, lol. They must be desperate for the cash for that PPV. Embarrassing for the entire GOP, IMO.

This is a very serious thread discussing the ways Republicans are abandoning democracy and how it started long before Trump, but Trump has brought it mainstream, so to speak. And that Trump’s lies about election integrity are being used by Republicans to set up a more rapid change to the way this country is governed.

18CABA44-9F05-4664-86D3-A27C5CA61566.jpeg

5D5DC552-91A5-4953-B69E-6DD2E2FB8006.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom