What happens to the Republican Party now? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

why am I not surprised

Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Thursday vowed to place GOP Reps. Paul Gosar of Arizona and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia back on committees if his party wins control of the chamber in 2022.

"They'll have committees," McCarthy said at a press conference when asked about the idea. "The committee assignments they have now — they might have other committee assignments. They may have better committee assignments."

why am I not surprised

Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Thursday vowed to place GOP Reps. Paul Gosar of Arizona and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia back on committees if his party wins control of the chamber in 2022.

"They'll have committees," McCarthy said at a press conference when asked about the idea. "The committee assignments they have now — they might have other committee assignments. They may have better committee assignments."
    And it will happen. Unfortunately, I see the Democratic Party losing control of the house and senate in 2022 followed by the WH in 2024. It won’t be Trump in 2024. It will be someone far smarter who utilizes Trumpism like a scalpel instead of like a sledgehammer as Donnie the Dimwit did.

The potential path that the Republican Party would lead us down is not simply dangerous or morally bankrupt it is dangerous to the world. I do not see war necessarily. Instead I see existential threats in the form of untenable inequality, pandemics and increased authoritarianism.

Senator Kennedy was particularly imbecilic. He’s an embarrassment.

Lol. Voter fraud!!!! Just not where they said.

The Heritage Foundation, the conservative think tank, maintains a public database of ballot-fraud cases. A review of the database reveals an astonishing fact: In every listed indictment and conviction for voter fraud or other malfeasance in connection with the 2020 presidential general election, when the culprit’s political affiliation is known he or she turns out to be a Republican or “unabashed conservative.”

Last edited:
    These are not the sharpest tools in the shed:

These are not the sharpest tools in the shed:

Yeah, Mandel wants Portman’s senate seat. My state has gotten steadily stupider over the last few years.

This is what is so apparently just total gaslighting. Right wingers cry “cancel culture” because their book publisher cancels their deal, all the while their acolytes are sending death threats to just about everyone who doesn’t march in lockstep with their agenda.

Paul Gosar putting a colleague’s face on an anime character who is brutally murdered is “just a joke” though. 🤦‍♀️

I guess nothing sets the loins of republicans on fire like some white guy killing people and saying it was self defense.

Marjorie Taylor Greene introduced a bill on Tuesday to award Kyle Rittenhouse the Congressional Gold Medal for "protecting the community of Kenosha, Wisconsin, during a Black Lives Matter (BLM) riot on August 25, 2020."

Matt Gaetz offered Rittenhouse an internship with his office

Madison Cawthorn also offered Rittenhouse an internship following the verdict. And former President Trump said on Tuesday that Rittenhouse visited him at his resort in Florida shortly after being found not guilty.

I guess nothing sets the loins of republicans on fire like some white guy killing people and saying it was self defense.

Marjorie Taylor Greene introduced a bill on Tuesday to award Kyle Rittenhouse the Congressional Gold Medal for "protecting the community of Kenosha, Wisconsin, during a Black Lives Matter (BLM) riot on August 25, 2020."

Matt Gaetz offered Rittenhouse an internship with his office

Madison Cawthorn also offered Rittenhouse an internship following the verdict. And former President Trump said on Tuesday that Rittenhouse visited him at his resort in Florida shortly after being found not guilty.
    MTG and Cawthorn need to be removed from congress. Gaetz needs to be indicted, tried and shipped to jail assuming he is found guilty.

Greene is floating the idea that she should run for Speaker if Rs gain back the house. 🤬

Greene vs McCarthy may be worth watching

It's a lose-lose for the country either way.

I'm not convinced that McCarthy would be any more sensible of a choice than Greene. His 8 1/2 hour nonsensical gibberish rant "speech"last week in the wee hours of the morning before the vote for the Build Back Better bill convinced me that he is just as crazy as the rest of the crazy fringe in the Trump Cult Republican Party.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom