What happens to the Republican Party now? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

This is who the Rs are cozying up to, thanks to Trump. He’s a very real threat to this country.

This is the type of persecution complex the right has now. So completely stupid. This guy is involved with Turning Point USA, and just has the paranoia turned up to 11:

This is the type of persecution complex the right has now. So completely stupid. This guy is involved with Turning Point USA, and just has the paranoia turned up to 11:

Every time I see shirt like this, all I can hear in my head is Gilda Radner saying "Boy, are you dumb!"

I think that line of thought: that religion is under assault from the liberals, is deep in the right wing ethos. Alito in his Rome speech made this same argument. There are plenty of prominent Republicans that have expressed these same sentiments.

Mitch neither forgives nor forgets:
    "That's not a Republican plan. That was the Rick Scott plan," McConnell said on a talk radio show in Kentucky this week, adding of Scott, "It's just a bad idea. I think it will be a challenge for him to deal with this in his own re-election in Florida, a state with more elderly people than any other state in America."

The damage that Mitch has done to our country is vast, but here I wish him luck. Rick Scott is despicable.

Republican US Rep Matt Gaetz apologised for the “unintended consequences” after inviting a man accused of murder to lead the Pledge of Allegiance during a committee hearing this month.

The Florida congressman had invited Corey Beekman, a US Army National Guard combat veteran and Purple Heart recipient, to recite the pledge during a House Judiciary Committee hearing on 1 February, bringing up old wounds for the family of the man Mr Beekman was accused of killing.

After a standoff with Michigan police in 2019, Mr Beekman was arrested and charged with murder, assault with intent to murder and two counts of felony firearm possession for allegedly killing 33-year old Billy Buchanan and shooting another woman inside the home. The woman’s two children were reportedly also inside at the time Mr Beekman was shot.

The charges were dropped in 2020 after a key witness could not be served a subpoena to appear.

Mr Gaetz’s office acknowledged in a statement to The Daily Beast that the congressman was unaware of his guest’s history before inviting him to Congress. “The family of Billy Buchanan brought the situation to my attention, and I’m glad they did,” Mr Gaetz said in the statement.

Michigan’s Mason County Sheriff Kim Cole said in a statement that the congressman’s future invitations should “at the very least warrant a Google search.”

“It was like getting a dagger stuck in our heart again,” Denita Buchanan, Billy’s mother, told The Daily Beast. “We were infuriated when we first saw it … I was disgusted with the whole thing.”.............

Republican US Rep Matt Gaetz apologised for the “unintended consequences” after inviting a man accused of murder to lead the Pledge of Allegiance during a committee hearing this month.

The Florida congressman had invited Corey Beekman, a US Army National Guard combat veteran and Purple Heart recipient, to recite the pledge during a House Judiciary Committee hearing on 1 February, bringing up old wounds for the family of the man Mr Beekman was accused of killing.

After a standoff with Michigan police in 2019, Mr Beekman was arrested and charged with murder, assault with intent to murder and two counts of felony firearm possession for allegedly killing 33-year old Billy Buchanan and shooting another woman inside the home. The woman’s two children were reportedly also inside at the time Mr Beekman was shot.

The charges were dropped in 2020 after a key witness could not be served a subpoena to appear.

Mr Gaetz’s office acknowledged in a statement to The Daily Beast that the congressman was unaware of his guest’s history before inviting him to Congress. “The family of Billy Buchanan brought the situation to my attention, and I’m glad they did,” Mr Gaetz said in the statement.

Michigan’s Mason County Sheriff Kim Cole said in a statement that the congressman’s future invitations should “at the very least warrant a Google search.”

“It was like getting a dagger stuck in our heart again,” Denita Buchanan, Billy’s mother, told The Daily Beast. “We were infuriated when we first saw it … I was disgusted with the whole thing.”.............

Dumbass :mad1:

I think that line of thought: that religion is under assault from the liberals, is deep in the right wing ethos. Alito in his Rome speech made this same argument. There are plenty of prominent Republicans that have expressed these same sentiments.
    With absolutely nothing to back it up.

What is Marge doing in Idaho? She will end up running for president. 🤦‍♀️

Your WY Republican Party:

I mean, what the actual frick?

"The Wyoming Republican Party, however, is urging its constituents to oppose it not because the bill is too weak, but because it believed the bill stood to rob their constituents of constitutional rights in ways the "seemingly harmless" bill did not immediately make clear.

To make the point, the party shared materials in a Thursday evening email to constituents containing talking points from Wyoming Family Watch, a religious lobbying group organized by a conservative pastor in the state.

Among other points, the letter argued that preventing children under 16 years old from marrying "denies the fundamental purpose of marriage," robbing teen parents from the ability to remain together under one roof for any children they might bear together—even though nothing in state law would prevent those children from co-parenting.

"Since young men and women may be physically capable of begetting and bearing children prior to the age of 16, marriage MUST remain open to them for the sake of those children," the post read. "The sad fact that physical maturity often does not match emotional and intellectual maturity is an indictment of our modern educational system. That is a problem that should be addressed. But we should not use it as an excuse to instantiate bad law.""

This guy is a national security threat:

They love to pretend that thre is a "war" on Christanity... Its made up just as the "Woke" thing they cry foul about every day..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom