Voting Law Proposals and Voting Rights Efforts (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This is, IMO, going to be a big topic in the coming year. Republicans have stated their aim to make voting more restrictive in just about every state where they have the means to do so. Democrats would like to pass the Voting Rights Bill named after John Lewis. I’m going to go look up the map of all the states which have pending legislation to restrict voting. Now that we have the election in the rear view, I thought we could try to make this a general discussion thread, where people who have concerns about voting abuses can post as well and we can discuss it from both sides. Please keep memes out of this thread and put them in the boards where we go to talk about the other side, lol.

This man has lived and voted at the same address for 40 years and his absentee ballot was rejected as having an invalid address. They sent the letter informing him the ballot had been rejected to the same address. His daughter took him down to vote in person. This is what vote suppression looks like. How many people of his age would have been unable to go vote in person?

This man has lived and voted at the same address for 40 years and his absentee ballot was rejected as having an invalid address. They sent the letter informing him the ballot had been rejected to the same address. His daughter took him down to vote in person. This is what vote suppression looks like. How many people of his age would have been unable to go vote in person?

IMG_8691.jpeg

Democrats, ROLL OUT!!!

Found this on democratic underground

RW lying azzhats.
    Fascist Catholic ally on actual Christlike Catholic crime is what you got right there. I like actual Christlike Christians. It's the false tongued, fascist Christians I don't like.

Fascist Catholic ally on actual Christlike Catholic crime is what you got right there. I like actual Christlike Christians. It's the false tongued, fascist Christians I don't like.
    Agreed.

While the Sisters are not fascist Christians this also underscores something I think is true. The fascist Catholics think that they will be included in the religionist fascist state to come. They won’t. In point of opinion, they will be targeted for elimination as the talibangelicals do not consider Catholics to be Christian. They are merely useful idiots right now.

Agreed.

While the Sisters are not fascist Christians this also underscores something I think is true. The fascist Catholics think that they will be included in the religionist fascist state to come. They won’t. In point of opinion, they will be targeted for elimination as the talibangelicals do not consider Catholics to be Christian. They are merely useful idiots right now.
    Leaonard Leo and Opus Dei cohorts have loaded the Supreme Court and federal courts specifically with their fellow fascist Catholics. Any fascist takeover will be a Catholic fascist takeover. Trump's Project 2025 is Leonard Leo's and his cohort's end game. I think it's the fascist evangelical Christians that are the useful idiots that are going to be shocked to find themselves on the outside looking in if Trump wins. Vance was picked to be waiting in the wings to replace Trump, because he converted to Leo Leonard's fascist brand of Catholicism.

Before major elections, if you are a commisoner (poll worker), they make you take like an hour long class, a refreher of sorts,on procedures.
    I wish this could somehow be a requied course for voters. i know thats impossible, but there is so much useful information. i wish anyone who questions our elections would sit through this, and ask as many questions as they want. they do not know what we have to do when any kind of irregularity comes up.
    one thing most people don't know or even notice, is that when we activate the machines, we run a printout that shows zero count from each machine and post them at the entrance of the polling location. at the end of the night we post the printout with the counts of each thing on the ballot and post them next to the zero counts for anyone who wants to view them.
    I am so glad the azzhat who owns Ralphs Supermarkets in Ascension Parish did not win Sec of State the last election, beause he ran on the priciple that he wanted to go back to paper ballots. it just boggles my mind that anyone thinks hand counted paper ballots would be more accurate the machines. this dude trusts machines everyday to count his money at all his stores, but he doesn't trust machines to count votes? what a moron..

Leaonard Leo and Opus Dei cohorts have loaded the Supreme Court and federal courts specifically with their fellow fascist Catholics. Any fascist takeover will be a Catholic fascist takeover. Trump's Project 2025 is Leonard Leo's and his cohort's end game. I think it's the fascist evangelical Christians that are the useful idiots that are going to be shocked to find themselves on the outside looking in if Trump wins. Vance was picked to be waiting in the wings to replace Trump, because he converted to Leo Leonard's fascist brand of Catholicism.
    Could very well be that way. Worst case scenario would be an internecine conflict which would have the potential to spillover on us folk.

College students formed a steady line outside a campus art museum to vote early on Tuesday at a pop-up polling place at the University of Minnesota.

The one-day site, enabled by new state laws that allow for pop-up early voting, helps populations like student voters, who may not have access to transportation to get off campus, easily access the polls.

“We brought the polls to them,” said Riley Hetland, a sophomore and undergraduate student government civic engagement director, who helped plan the event.

Hetland said the group has been going to classrooms and hosting tables around campus for weeks to get people registered to vote and help them make a plan to cast ballots. So far, they have gotten 12,000 students to pledge to vote, double their goal of 6,000, a sign of the enthusiasm young people have to perform their civic duty in the presidential election, she said. More than 600 people voted during the seven hours the pop-up site was open on Tuesday, organizers said.

Across the country, college campuses and campaigns have ramped up efforts to register and energize college voters, especially in critical swing states. The Democratic party is counting on high turnout on college campuses, which tend to lean Democratic..…..

When Melissa Kono, the town clerk in Burnside, Wisconsin, began training election workers in 2015, their questions were relatively mundane. They asked about election rules, voter eligibility, and other basic procedures. The job was gratifying and enjoyable; they helped their neighbors while sipping coffee.

But over the past few years, everything has changed. Kono now finds herself fielding questions about what to do when approached by suspicious voters who ask provocative questions or gripe about fraud. She’s added an entire training section dedicated to identifying threats and how to report them.

“I never in a million years imagined that that would be part of my curriculum,” she told me. Kono has yet to receive any direct threats herself—perhaps, she thinks, because Donald Trump won the popular vote in her area in 2016 and 2020—but she fears that things may be different this time around. “What I do hear is I know the election is not rigged here, but in other places,” she said.

“And I’m honestly worried sometimes: What if Harris wins? What if it gets too close? And now they start questioning me or coming after me, when I have nothing to do with the outcome.”

Around the country, election officials have already received death threats and packages filled with white powder. Their dogs have been poisoned, their homes swatted, their family members targeted. In Texas, one man called for a “a mass shooting of poll workers and election officials” in precincts with results he found suspicious.

“The point is coercion; the point is intimidation. It’s to get you to do or not do something,” Al Schmidt, the secretary of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, told me—to get you to “stop counting votes, or we’re going to murder your children, and they name your children,” a threat that Schmidt said he received in 2020.

This year, the same things may well happen again. “I had one election official who said they called her on her cellphone and said, ‘Looks like your mom made lasagna tonight; she’s wearing that pretty yellow dress that she likes to wear to church,” Tammy Patrick, the chief programs officer at the National Association of Election Officials and a former elections officer in Maricopa County, Arizona, told me. “It’s terrorism here in America.”...............

There is a developing story in PA about a fairly large voter registration scam that has been discovered. I’m reading that 60% of the voter registrations submitted by this operation were fraudulent. No confirmation yet on who it is - but my money is on one of Elon’s crew.

5th Circuit doing its usual corrupt thing. Hopefully this will be appealed and stayed. It’s far too close to the election to be pulling this shirt. Okay - read a little further and it may not be applied to this election.

This happened in a GOP section of Brooklyn. Luckily it appears to have been handled correctly, but only after this woman called and complained. She mentions multiple other people being turned away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom