Vice-Presidential Debate (Wednesday, 10/7/2020) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    The VP debate between Pence and Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Kamala Harris is slated for Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT) at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.

The debate will run for 90 minutes and comprise nine 10-minute segments with no commercial breaks. Susan Page, USA Today's Washington bureau chief, will moderate. Pence and Harris will be seated for the debate and positioned 12 feet apart.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/vice-presidential-debate-2020-how-to-watch-pence-vs-harris-debate-live/

Trump and Pence should both be behind plexiglass until after the election. Both exposed and one definitely positive.

They own it.

Sorry, don’t believe them. They’ve squandered their credibility. SAD!

ETA: if I’m not mistaken, that‘s one of the R senators who tested positive sitting directly behind Pence.

61291410-02CA-41D1-A186-3BA59C10CB0B.jpeg

Last edited:
    Sorry, don’t believe them. They’ve squandered their credibility. SAD!

ETA: if I’m not mistaken, that‘s one of the R senators who tested positive sitting directly behind Pence.

61291410-02CA-41D1-A186-3BA59C10CB0B.jpeg
    Yes, that is Utah Senator Mike Lee who was recorded hugging numerous people.

It's fight day! Who ya got? I think Pence is in a tough spot having to defend the indefensible, which will be even tougher with his perpetual constipation face. However, he actually is a slick debater and master of the pivot. This will basically be a prosecutor against a hostile witness who doesn't have the facts on his side. If Pence had more to work with I'd predict a draw, but with how the last week and a half has gone I think the best he can do is not make it any worse.

I do worry a bit, which I always do, because I think Harris is at her best when she can question the witness, like a prosecutor. She won’t be able to do that in this format.

She does have the advantage of not having to defend the current Covid hotspot that is the WH. This will be a tough lift for Pence, it seems to me, especially since he’s supposed to be in charge of our Covid response. 🤦‍♀️

I do worry a bit, which I always do, because I think Harris is at her best when she can question the witness, like a prosecutor. She won’t be able to do that in this format.

She does have the advantage of not having to defend the current Covid hotspot that is the WH. This will be a tough lift for Pence, it seems to me, especially since he’s supposed to be in charge of our Covid response. 🤦‍♀️

you hit it...He is the HEAD of Task Force and had a massive outbreak, AT HIS OFFICES, no less than a week ago. I would pivot to that every chance i got.

I actually think Pence will be fine. I don't know if he'll be better than Harris, but he's a pretty decent debater based on past performances. I do think he'll have his work cut out for him in terms of defending the administration.

His biggest hurdle will probably be explaining why Trump is seemingly trying to have it both ways by stopping the Covid bill negotiations until after the election and then less than 24 hours later saying he'll sign bills for the stimulus checks and airline payments and additional unemployment assistance.

He's also gonna have to answer tough questions about the WH being a Covid hot spot right now. I don't envy being in his seat at all. Good luck to him, lol.

I think Harris is more of a question mark. She's definitely competent and should do well, but I'm wondering if this format will suit her well.

I wonder what the plexiglass thing will look like also.

yeah okay it was a dumb answer by Harris, but really? Lol:

I've got no idea what the Trump campaign has been doing these last few months.. anyways I'm sure she has put an extraordinary amount of time into prepping for this debate so I'm sure she'll be fine there and by the nature of the current situation Pence is going to be on his heels more than her I think, so just as long as she can come across pretty authentic I think she'll be good and probably have just about everything else covered.

Pence will probably try to bait Harris into taking what he would term 'radical leftist' positions. At this point her best bet is to play the moderate and talk about the steps the Biden administration would take to get the country back on its feet. There is no leadership coming from the White House right now, so Biden and Harris should act like 'shadow' President and Vice President and speak as they would in those roles.

Let’s get ready to rummmmmble!!!

Biden is a plagiarist? What was Pence referring to?

Pence's cold, detached, emotionless Andy Dufresne impression is working better than Harris right now.

Pence's cold, detached, emotionless Andy Dufresne impression is working better than Harris right now.
    Agree. Harris sounds like she might cry or yell any moment. Harris blew the first response by not calling out Pence for not answering the 2.5x more than Canada question.

I guess moderation is optional. Pence can just talk and not have a time limit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom