Vice-Presidential Debate (Wednesday, 10/7/2020) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    The VP debate between Pence and Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Kamala Harris is slated for Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT) at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.

The debate will run for 90 minutes and comprise nine 10-minute segments with no commercial breaks. Susan Page, USA Today's Washington bureau chief, will moderate. Pence and Harris will be seated for the debate and positioned 12 feet apart.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/vice-presidential-debate-2020-how-to-watch-pence-vs-harris-debate-live/

There’s such an easy, competent answer to that question. Biden didn’t have it and now Kamala doesn’t either. They should have had that one canned and ready to go.
    He has already said he's against it. He should just stick with that. It's not going to cause a liberal turn out issue.

There’s such an easy, competent answer to that question. Biden didn’t have it and now Kamala doesn’t either. They should have had that one canned and ready to go.
    I think they are baiting Trump and Pence into focusing time and money on it, because informal polling shows that it's not a deciding issue in this election.

If they thought it was a big deal, I think they'd have an answer as lame as their answer may be.

Jeez Louise, it isnt ’court packing’, it’s ‘expanding the court’.. Least yall can do is get the terminology right.
    It’s the terminology Pence used and the terminology NBC used post debate. Words matter and if Pence can get the media talking about an issue using his preferred word, then that’s a win.

For Harris to not bring up Garland as “court packing” was a failure.

Did anyone else hear the medical consultant on ABC say that about 30% of COVID positives exhibit pink eye?

I fully expect the announcement about Pence in the next couple of days. There is no way the CDC should have signed off on him coming to the debate in person. They should have done it on Zoom or something. The idea that he shouldn’t be in isolation for 10 days is just ridiculous.

Words matter

I could not agree more.

Which is why the far more accurate ‘expanding the court’ should be used as opposed to the, IMO, more negative sounding ‘court packing’... I also agree with you, and it seems to be the consensus- that the biiggest missed opportunity of the night for Harris was her not bringing up Merrick Garland.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom