Vice-Presidential Debate (Wednesday, 10/7/2020) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    The VP debate between Pence and Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Kamala Harris is slated for Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT) at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.

The debate will run for 90 minutes and comprise nine 10-minute segments with no commercial breaks. Susan Page, USA Today's Washington bureau chief, will moderate. Pence and Harris will be seated for the debate and positioned 12 feet apart.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/vice-presidential-debate-2020-how-to-watch-pence-vs-harris-debate-live/

Same here and I was going to say the same thing. Politics has become a game. Did anyone think a debate would change minds? People knew who won before it started, obviously their side. It’s really silly. Debating is not necessary anymore. Just vote and move on. Throw the person out and look at the issues that mean the most to you. Which ever person fits the bill you vote for.
    Disagree. Debates are important. I also think if this was scored like a boxing match, then Pence won. He is just a better speaker, slipped punches, won the earliest and latest rounds which people will remember, and clearly got more time. The question of the night is now court packing. Pence called out when Harris didn’t answer whereas Harris failed to do this on several questions.

Disagree. Debates are important. I also think if this was scored like a boxing match, then Pence won. He is just a better speaker, slipped punches, won the earliest and latest rounds which people will remember, and clearly got more time. The question of the night is now court packing. Pence called out when Harris didn’t answer whereas Harris failed to do this on several questions.

There’s such an easy, competent answer to that question. Biden didn’t have it and now Kamala doesn’t either. They should have had that one canned and ready to go.

[
    Each was pretty skilled. I thought both had strong moments. Neither answered many questions. I thought Kamala left a lot on the table - they need to have stronger answers on a couple of key issues. And I think Pence dodged some serious questions that he needs to be answering.

Yeah, I'm only truly disappointed on Covid. This past week should have been brought up again and again. shirt, I would have pivoted to it on every topic.

"Senator FTP, will you and the Vice President pack the Supreme Court if you win the election?"

"Speaking of the Supreme Court, let's talk about the super spreader event in the Rose Garden..."

Respectfully disagree on the whole thing - Pence was arrogant and condescending on that exchange. He wasn’t the moderator, and Harris wasn’t bound to answer questions that he made up. He talked over the female moderator, he interrupted Harris, he wouldn’t abide by the time limits. He lied as much as Trump.

She could have been a bit more sharp, as far as making some points, but she would also be judged harsher if she seemed anything less than cordial.

I don't think the issue of court packing is a very high concern or priority to a significant number of voters.

Joy Reid making a good point, that when Pence made up his own question and demanded that Harris answer it that was enraging to women. And I can attest that my blood pressure went up a notch. It’s the stereotypical butt crevasse man who thinks he can order any woman around at any time.

That little exchange will guarantee they aren’t gaining any college educated women back.
    That was another opportunity that Harris missed on. She should have told Pence to answer the moderator's question for once.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom