UK's conservative government doing everything it can to crash the UK's and the world's economy (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

coldseat

Reaction score
    Holy hell Batman! Talk about screwing your own country over. Same thing would happen here if Republicans held both the congress and the presidency.

==============
    LondonCNN Business —
    The UK government’s decision to implement the biggest tax cuts in 50 years while borrowing tens of billions of dollars to subsidize soaring energy costs this winter is a massive gamble that’s sent shockwaves through financial markets.

Since Friday, when finance minister Kwasi Kwarteng formally announced the plans, the British pound has plunged 5% against the US dollar, bringing its total losses so far this year to an eye-popping 21%. The euro, for comparison, is down about 15% against the dollar during the same period.

The turmoil doesn’t end there. Investors have raced to dump UK government bonds as they worry about the extra £72 billion ($77 billion) in borrowing due before April. The yield on 5-year debt, which moves opposite prices, has jumped from about 3.6% to more than 4.4% over the past two trading sessions — an astronomical jump in a corner of the financial universe that typically logs movements in tiny fractions of a percent.
    ===============

What DOES work, zz? The democrats are supposed to be champions of the poor and the middle class, and we've NEVER seen significant improvements at both those levels with democrats in power. Detroit is still a wasteland and the West Coast is an ever growing haven for criminals and drug addicts.
    Read up on the so-called Golden Age of capitalism.

LOL unfortunately there are laws that govern - so even if "declassified" as "Trump understood" ( which ironically would be his "opinion" ) there are laws governing declassification, and if not adhered to, thereby not declassified.

Its his job TO understand it. Pretty simple job really.
    He followed procedure as he understood it. If that ultimately derails his bid for presidency or gets him thrown in the slammer then so be it.
    But more importantly, you began this thread about the economy and i asked, very early on if you understood economics and you didnt reply. So ill ask again.

Do you?
    I'm not going to answer that with a yes or no.

I did, however, reply to one of you about the exact same question, and I advised that person to teach me about economics. I will extend the same offer to you.

He followed procedure as he understood it. If that ultimately derails his bid for presidency or gets him thrown in the slammer then so be it.
    Ok, so we've gotten you to admit that what he did is possibly illegal.

Now we just need to get you to understand that he did it with the full knowledge that it was illegal. His lawyers, the FBI, and the National Archives all gave him multiple notices that his transportation, storage, and hiding of classified material was not legal, and gave him multiple opportunities to correct the problem, which he chose not to do. He also made no indications to anyone that the material was to be declassified until he was already caught.

So no, he didn't "follow procedure as he understood it." He knew the procedure and actively rejected it.

I'm not going to answer that with a yes or no.

I did, however, reply to one of you about the exact same question, and I advised that person to teach me about economics. I will extend the same offer to you.

If i have to teach you economics, then its safe to say you really dont understand economics ( and the mechanisms behind it ) and therefore, any comment from you regarding the veracity of Trumps "economic achievements" you dont really understand since you dont understand economics to begin with.

So its party politics for you. Not actually understanding the platforms other than what you are told.

oof.

Ok, so we've gotten you to admit that what he did is possibly illegal.

Now we just need to get you to understand that he did it with the full knowledge that it was illegal. His lawyers, the FBI, and the National Archives all gave him multiple notices that his transportation, storage, and hiding of classified material was not legal, and gave him multiple opportunities to correct the problem, which he chose not to do. He also made no indications to anyone that the material was to be declassified until he was already caught.

So no, he didn't "follow procedure as he understood it." He knew the procedure and actively rejected it.

Reminds me of Costanza diddling the office maid, and in boss office " Was that wrong? Cuz i gotta tell ya, if i had know that was frowned upon..."

lol

If i have to teach you economics, then its safe to say you really dont understand economics ( and the mechanisms behind it ) and therefore, any comment from you regarding the veracity of Trumps "economic achievements" you dont really understand since you dont understand economics to begin with.

So its party politics for you. Not actually understanding the platforms other than what you are told.

oof.
    Let's try this, instead.

I make a comment about economics and you try to refute it. That way you won't feel compelled to ask some smug, idiotic, yes or no question that you know I won't answer directly.

Sound good?

Let's try this, instead.

I make a comment about economics and you try to refute it. That way you won't feel compelled to ask some smug, idiotic, yes or no question that you know I won't answer directly.

Sound good?

be honest. CANT answer directly because you simply dont know.

so then try this...keep to topics you actually ARE educated on ( we have already ruled out economics and law ), that way, when asked a direct question, you dont get your feels hurt because you dont actually know the answer.

will that work?

Then you don't understand the first thing about Joe Biden. ;)

Look around @Peace , Biden has made America Great Again. Now you can stop sending so much money to Trump and keep some for yourself, so you don't feel so deflated.

===============
    The United States is riven by polarization, its democracy is threatened, inflation is raging, and the Dow is down sharply this year. Yet, despite all these problems, if you zoom out and look at the world overall, the US is still doing quite well compared to its key enemies and closest allies.

Russia and China – the two nations with which the United States strives most regularly for global influence – have suffered recent dramatic declines in their standing.

By invading Ukraine and failing to achieve its war aims, Russia is demonstrating that it is no longer a great power. After Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a “partial mobilization” for the war in Ukraine last month, around 200,000 Russians voted with their feet and fled their country – including two who sailed to Alaska.

In the early days of the war, Russia failed to take Kyiv, and in recent weeks it has lost some 3,000 square miles of territory, according to Ukrainian officials. Even generally reliable cheerleaders for Putin, such as the Chinese, have distanced themselves from Putin’s failures in Ukraine.

Led by the US, NATO is now stronger than ever, supplying Ukraine with significant amounts of weaponry and bulking up its collective defense spending. NATO is also adding the formerly non-aligned countries of Finland and Sweden to the alliance. While former President Donald Trump kept threatening to pull the US out of NATO, today the alliance has new relevance.

Russia also failed to stop European countries from filling their gas stocks to more than 90% for the coming winter, which reduces President Vladimir Putin’s leverage to weaken NATO’s support for the Ukrainians.

European countries are generally faring better than the UK but still face their own problems. The dollar, which is at a two-decade high against the Euro, remains strong as the Fed raises interest rates and the American economy continues to be the most dynamic in the world. Indeed, the US has the lowest unemployment rate in five decades. And the US is now the world’s largest producer of both gas and oil.

American vaccine technology used by Pfizer and Moderna helped to turn the tide against Covid-19 in the United States and other countries that used these vaccines. By contrast, the Chinese and Russian vaccines have been far less effective against Covid-19.

To be sure, the United States has problems aplenty, including deep political polarization, raging inflation, high inequality, a horrific Covid-19 death toll, shrinking life expectancy, frequent mass shootings, unaffordable housing in many places, and intense battles over abortion. The widespread denial of President Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory among Republicans raises serious questions about the health of the nation’s democracy. Still, in many respects, the US looks much better than much of the rest of the world.

Immigration, which is often treated as a problem by Americans, underlines the continuing attraction of the United States. Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of Russians have fled their homeland since Putin announced a partial mobilization in the war against Ukraine, and tens of thousands have left Hong Kong after the Chinese takeover of the formerly autonomous city.

To paraphrase Warren Buffett, betting against America has never been a smart move.
    =================

If you went in for surgery and saw that your surgical team barely washed up, nobody cleaned the OR from the last surgery, and they left the doors open so the hospital's cat could come in and out as it pleased, would you be ok with that as long as the surgical team claimed that they followed procedure as they understood it?

Biden is a bumbling fool, and he's old - REAL old, and everyone sees it. I almost feel sorry for the guy.

Joe Biden is 79. Donald Trump will turn 79 five months into the next presidential term. Does that not make Trump REAL old as well?

Oh it's not obnoxious at all. His comment about Trayvon Martin was telling. God only knows how much he spewed behind closed doors.
    How are his personal beliefs on race a hustle? I wonder what we would hear from you behind closed doors. Would we hear some pretty explicit hatefulness toward black people?

I'm not the one who believes an old blithering pervert gaffe machine was capable of winning the presidency. The gullibility is all on your side.

Trump was cheated, and I'm sticking with that even after he wins back the presidency in '24.
    You’re so deluded about this. Every single state instituted the same Covid accommodations for carrying out an election during a global pandemic. Why is it that my red state still voted red? Why is it that various Rs won down ballot in the same states where Trump thinks he was cheated? Why did Rs win congressional elections on the same ballots that Trump lost?

You should look up the video where Ron Johnson explains it to a lady at a political event. He knows Trump lost, so does Mike Pence, Bill Barr, all of the WH lawyers, Mark Meadows, and on and on. Everyone knows it, even Trump knows he lost. He admitted it while he was still in the WH. He doesn’t want you to know it, though. He wants to wring out every last dollar he can from people like you, who will believe this nonsense that is quite easily disproven if you know anything about how US elections are run.

People were just sick and tired of all the lies, all the incompetence, and the autocratic tendencies that he wasn’t even trying to hide any more. They didn’t want Trump to be in the WH any longer. They were sick of his childish temper tantrums, sick of him attacking anyone he thought slighted him, including veterans and Gold Star families. He’s a sick person, a grandiose narcissist who is incapable of doing anything for anyone other than himself.

He started out with a competent team, for the most part. Not my favorites for their policies, but some actual conservatives who understood policy and knew what they were doing. People like McMasters, Dan Coates. He ran them all off because they wouldn’t put up with his idiocy, and they wouldn’t kiss his arse and pretend he was the smartest person in the room. He floundered his way through the end of his presidency-he didn’t know what to do, and he had surrounded himself with flunkies who knew less than even he did by that point. Because the only trait Trump thinks is valuable is loyalty and adoration of Trump. That’s all he cares about.

He’s the worst president I have seen in my lifetime. Even worse than Nixon, more crooked by far, and much more stupid.

Trump followed the process as he understood it. That's good enough for me.

At least one of his lawyers and his own chief of staff told him what the actual process was. There’s zero evidence that Trump thought he was following any accepted process. And there’s a not of evidence that Trump intended to take material he had no business having, obfuscated and misled authorities about that material, and then personally took steps to hide it.

Any other view is simply wishful thinking - it’s not supported by reality.

As relates to the UK my buddy sent me this:

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/0e/14/05E3C5BC-B5E8-4B07-9A26-7879C6CEB3C1/IMG_1518.heic

Well, poop. I don’t know how to get a link working here. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
    Trump made up stuff and you swallowed it hook, line and sinker. How many lawsuits did that orange imbecile lose?

As he understood it? Bullschlitz. He understood nothing except spewing crap that poor, little grievance children like yourself wanted to hear. There was and is a process for declassification and he chose to steal documents belonging to the people. And you worship at his feet for it.

The reality about the economy is that you don’t have a freaking clue about it and neither does Mango MusollinI. Inflation is a psychological reaction. And is going on all over the world.

Trump can’t drink water without holding the cup with both hands, he can’t walk down a slope, he slurs his words and serves up word salad. And you grovel willingly at his feet.

As for Covid, well, fool, actually read something about it Germany came out far better than us. The PRC came out far better. All because your false, lying, racist, misogynistic god did NOTHING and hundreds of thousands of people, many probably Trump-humping idiots like yourself, died.

Do the country and the world a favor: don’t vote in any more elections. Everyone would be better off if you didn’t.

Been waiting a long time to see this. Passion and anger from the center (there is no American Left) to match that on the right.
    Get mad! Get your friends mad! Vote!
    That greasy, orange coward failed his duties worse than all the pigs at Uvalde combined and we should never, ever forget.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom