Tucker Carlson's head writer Neff, resigns over discovery of racist posts using pseudonym (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wardorican

Reaction score

It is a long read, due to them adding specifics at the end of the article.

It isn't that surprising to many of us who have heard the various dog whistles from Tucker for years, and some of the overt stuff that has made him lose sponsors. Nice to see it right out in the open though, even if under a pseudonym.

The guy is a total INCEL. When you read the story, you'll see it. Wow.

That level of repression, being channelled into a media opinion show is damaging. Tucker may not have know about the posts, but there is no way he didn't know about those kind of thoughts and feelings from this guy. It is his head writer. They probably talk with each other more than anyone.

I said this in the other thread, but I feel like Tucker shares the same views. It makes so much sense now why Tucker has attacked Duckworth so viscerally, when you see that his head writer has a special hatred for women, but Asian women in particular. She checks all the boxes for them.

May as well put this here, then, I guess.

So Trump spent part of the night re-tweeting Daily Caller articles - Tucker Carlson’s rag. And praising Carlson for his work on TV. And David Duke is touting him as a VP replacement for Pence. And some (no idea how many actually but it’s
    Definitely a presence online) Republicans are talking about him for a 2024 run.

And then there’s this....

Tucker is pretty mainstream for the GOP. This isn’t fringe. The racism - which has been a hallmark for his show - now has an explicit face and name.

What happens next?

This is where party-wide condemnation comes in, otherwise the racist albatross around your neck only becomes more justified.

David Duke is touting him as a VP replacement for Pence.

No one gives a flying fork what David Duke thinks. Except when it's convenient.

And some (no idea how many actually but it’s
    Definitely a presence online) Republicans are talking about him for a 2024 run.
    I think that had more to do with a Politico article..............I think.

Would this be considered cancel culture? Kind of feels like cancel culture.

I have a better question, why hasn't the right canceled Tucker Carlson yet? They all know that the guy is a racist and what he is. He is vile and he doesn't contribute anything positive to the conversation in this nation. Why does he have a national platform on Fox and is followed and listened to by so many conservatives on the right? Why is his program the highest rated on Fox?

The more racist and vile a person is, the more power they amass on the right. Even becoming president. Why does that keep happening on the right when you guys keep claiming so vehemently that you aren't racist and that you have no safe harbor for racist in the republican party?

While eveybody has a right to speak freely in America, that doesn't mean all voice are worth listening too or elevating to a place of national conversation. But the right always gives these guys a huge platform to spread their brand of hate and then cry when the left calls out their obvious racism.

Last edited:

That Silicon Valley CEO that went on the foul, racist tirade in public stepped down because of public pressure.

Is that also cancel culture?

Are we having a contest to see who can make cancel culture the most useless phrase ever?

Maybe the better question is: is speech violence?
    Maybe the even better question: is Tucker Carlson a governmental agency subject to constitutional checks and balances or a private enterprise?
    (I know, right- feels like a trick question)

That Silicon Valley CEO that went on the foul, racist tirade in public stepped down because of public pressure.

Is that also cancel culture?

Are we having a contest to see who can make cancel culture the most useless phrase ever?
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/aston-v...st-social-media-messages-sent-to-palaces-zaha

Felt like this might could go on this thread.

A 12 year old is arrested in England for racist tweets to a soccer player. I don't think this is cancel culture. This is the end result.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/aston-v...st-social-media-messages-sent-to-palaces-zaha

Felt like this might could go on this thread.

A 12 year old is arrested in England for racist tweets to a soccer player. I don't think this is cancel culture. This is the end result.

I still don't understand your definition. You offered one, I asked a follow up, and there was no response. I don't know how else to conduct a conversation.

I think it's a dumb, amorphous, meaningless term. And this thread isn't clarifying anything to turn it into something specific, defineable, and conversationally constructive. It's about victimization every time it comes up.

The case with the kid and the racist term is stupid.

The girl who got sent to a juvenile detention center for not doing her online homework is stupid.

But I don't see how we need the term 'cancel culture' to discuss them.

A 12 year old being arrested is disturbing. Even more disturbing is the fact that he learned to be racist at 12.

A 12 year old being arrested is disturbing. Even more disturbing is the fact that he learned to be racist at 12.
    Really, that is how you rank those two in levels of disturbing? A 12 year old is arrested for racist remarks to a grown man who plays professional sports on the internet? Seems a bit radical to be honest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom