Tucker Carlson's head writer Neff, resigns over discovery of racist posts using pseudonym (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wardorican

Reaction score

It is a long read, due to them adding specifics at the end of the article.

It isn't that surprising to many of us who have heard the various dog whistles from Tucker for years, and some of the overt stuff that has made him lose sponsors. Nice to see it right out in the open though, even if under a pseudonym.

The guy is a total INCEL. When you read the story, you'll see it. Wow.

That level of repression, being channelled into a media opinion show is damaging. Tucker may not have know about the posts, but there is no way he didn't know about those kind of thoughts and feelings from this guy. It is his head writer. They probably talk with each other more than anyone.

Guess I’ll put this here instead of starting a new thread
    ==============================

Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s Wednesday show was filled with images of the unrest in Kenosha, Wis., sparked by the police shooting of Jacob Blake — including graphic footage of a protester bleeding out in the street after he was shot in the head on Tuesday.

Police have charged Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, with murder for allegedly killing that man and another protester in a shooting after driving to Kenosha with a rifle to stand with others in self-styled militias claiming to guard local businesses.

But Tucker argued that the teen’s actions were understandable after days of chaos.

“Are we really surprised that looting and arson accelerated to murder?” Carlson said. “How shocked are we that 17-year-olds with rifles decided they had to maintain order when no one else would?”

Carlson’s comments drew swift and intense backlash online, with many calling once again for advertisers to drop the host, who has recently been assailed for past bigoted statements and who took a vacation in July after his former top writer was outed for racist and misogynistic posts.

“If they don’t take action after this, every one of Fox News’s executives, directors, and advertisers is complicit in Tucker Carlson’s racist, murderous rants,” tweeted Robert Reich, the former labor secretary under President Clinton.........

I don't listen to Tucker, so I don't know the full context of this.

I will say this. There is a valid point, where you don't support what Kyle did (not sure of the full details), but you can point out that this sort of counter behavior isn't unexpected. i..e when you let the fringes do something, the counter fringe does something else. There is a point to a peaceful society of law and order. That rioting, especially when it is drummed up as more than what it is, blasts the airwaves, these "patriots" will come out of the woodwork and pretend to be Batman.

Heck, look at the Dark Knight, where he had actual copy cat vigilante's trying to do what he did. That wasn't just movie fiction. People do that kind of stuff all the time, for good and bad reasons.

So, I don't think it's fair for that person quoted to state that Tucker is racist for that statement. I don't think that's fair. I think there is a valid point being made about action and reaction. Now, if he came off as giving a value judgement towards it, that's different. Again, didn't watch.

I’m guessing there will be plenty of blame to go around. Why was this kid, obviously untrained, out there with a rifle? What made him decide to shoot and kill someone?

Why did cops allow him to leave after the shooting? Who owns the weapon? Such bad judgement from everyone involved.

We don’t know what was in his heart, and we need an explanation for how he got to the point he obviously reached of using lethal force.

But it’s ok for a cop to rush to judgement and shoot someone. Got it.
    Is it ok to throw temper tantrums and burn down peoples private property and cities while rushing to judgment? See how it works both ways.

It is always more prudent to get all the facts before acting out based solely on emotion.

The fact that a statement "I think I will wait until I know all of the facts available before passing judgment" is now considered controversial says a lot about our current political situation.

Is it ok to throw temper tantrums and burn down peoples private property and cities while rushing to judgment? See how it works both ways.

It is always more prudent to get all the facts before acting out based solely on emotion.

The fact that a statement "I think I will wait until I know all of the facts available before passing judgment" is now considered controversial says a lot about our current political situation.
    A vast majority of the protests are peaceful. When reports of counter factions escalating the situation, it is hard to put all the blame on the people trying to protest.
    The police get the benefit of the doubt in these situations. Do you remember the situation in Texas where the female cop off duty walked into the wrong apartment and shot a black man in his own apartment. Why did it take so long to press charges or take her into custody. You don’t want protestors than address the issue. Wait and see isn’t applied to everyone else if they shoot someone unprovoked. Cops literally get a get out of jail free card.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom