Trump's inability to restrain himself (Attacks on Greta Thunberg) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

coldseat

Reaction score
    I realize the title is inflammatory (to some), but in this instance it's well warranted. His attacks and mocking of Greta Thunberg are disgusting and unacceptable. I know we're just supposed to ignore him because he does this with everybody, but we shouldn't. There is no time and place where we should accept a US President mocking a 16 year old minor. NEVER! For any reason. If you don't have a problem with this, there's a problem with you.

Her activism for climate change and the fact that it irks Trump is irrelevant to how she should be treated, especially publicly by a US President.

This is what Trump represents to the world. This is the face they see when they think of America now, a 70-year old man attacking a 16-year old girl concerned about her future and the future of the planet she lives on. This is one of the main reasons he needs to go.

See Post #121, my obligatory "Orange Man Bad" disclaimer.

For the record, it comes across as disingenuous when 95% of your comments are spent defending him, with a single line quasi-slamming him for it.

I would think that a newspaperman that prides themselves on accuracy and honesty would understand this.

One had no choice about his father becoming president.
    One chose to be an environmental activist.

Past presidents have made it very clear what is acceptable and what is not acceptable regarding their underage children.
    That didn't stop people from endlessly making crass remarks about Jenna Bush or Chelsea Clinton or Malia Obama.
    But it did allow the presidents to draw a protective, fatherly line in the sand about what was right and what was wrong.

Deliberately putting a juvenile in the world spotlight to further environmental activism is a cold and calculated move and a deliberate choice, and the juvenile will be treated like anybody else who steps into that arena.

Let's break down Trump's comments:

Greta getting the award is "so ridiculous." She needs anger management. Should maybe watch a movie with a friend.

I don't see any discussion in that tweet about Greta being a pawn or used by handlers. And certainly nothing about the actual subject of climate change.

So sure, she's a public figure not immune from criticism. But we're talking about playground taunts from the U.S. President. It's embarrassing.

Woah. Stop. Right. There. Throwing up crap?

I straight up got the idea from my own knowledge, education and experience in the realm of politics.

No teenager goes to the UN for a speech without somebody sponsoring it for their own reasons. That's simple logic.

I am not ashamed of thinking for myself at all.

So, in essence, you have nothing to go on other than your feeling that it must be a plot? You were pretty specific and very definite about your ideas, for someone going on a hunch. You not only assumed she’s being taken advantage of, you also assumed you knew the motivations of the people taking advantage of her. And now all of a sudden you’re saying it’s just your opinion, that you thought up on your own. 🤣

For the record, it comes across as disingenuous when 95% of your comments are spent defending him, with a single line quasi-slamming him for it.

I would think that a newspaperman that prides themselves on accuracy and honesty would understand this.
    Perhaps you should start a Things I Don't Like About Dadsdream thread in the Mid Pit. :yes:

Perhaps you should start a Things I Don't Like About Dadsdream thread in the Mid Pit. :yes:

perhaps you should start addressing the questions posed to you in this thread.

You obfuscate your way though almost every time there is a thread about POUTS acting like a petulant child. Im not sure what your end game is, but from my vantage point, its depressing that a man of your age and station in life can see past the attack and look to question the recipient of the attacks. From the sitting US President.

in this case a 16 year old girl.

Its a shame.

You obfuscate your way though almost every time there is a thread about POUTS acting like a petulant child. Im not sure what your end game is, but from my vantage point, its depressing that a man of your age and station in life can see past the attack and look to question the recipient of the attacks. From the sitting US President.

Its a shame.

Intentional or amazing typo/autocorrect?

So, in essence, you have nothing to go on other than your feeling that it must be a plot? You were pretty specific and very definite about your ideas, for someone going on a hunch. You not only assumed she’s being taken advantage of, you also assumed you knew the motivations of the people taking advantage of her. And now all of a sudden you’re saying it’s just your opinion, that you thought up on your own. 🤣
    It's not a plot. It's not about my feelings. It's more than a hunch. It's a logical and all-too-typical progression of events.

Its a shame.
    Please take your personal criticisms to the Mud Pit. Thank you.

It's not a plot. It's not about my feelings. It's more than a hunch. It's a logical and all-too-typical progression of events.

you seem to be backpedaling from the plot, then? you seemed so sure earlier....

you know, I’m not saying it’s out of the realm that people pick up on activists and use them, that happens all the time. What I object to is the seeming certainty that this is a preordained plot from some dark forces for evil. It may not be your thesis that this is what is occurring with Greta and if that is the case, I apologize. But others in the thread have said as much without offering any proof at all.

Oh, BTW, the climate activist your Google search brought up seems to have no relation to Greta, other than the fact that she was asked about Greta and answered a question that what she does and what Greta does are quite different.

Please take your personal criticisms to the Mud Pit. Thank you.

hold up...you defend the right of POTUS to criticize a 16 yr old girl on Twitter. You then continue defense by accusing her of being a puppet. Not able to have her own ideas and thought.

Then when criticized for doing so, request that these personal criticisms be taken elsewhere?

yeah ...no.

if its good for POTUS, its good for me.

you know, I’m not saying it’s out of the realm that people pick up on activists and use them, that happens all the time. What I object to is the seeming certainty that this is a preordained plot from some dark forces for evil. It may not be your thesis that this is what is occurring with Greta and if that is the case, I apologize. But others in the thread have said as much without offering any proof at all.

Oh, BTW, the climate activist your Google search brought up seems to have no relation to Greta, other than the fact that she was asked about Greta and answered a question that what she does and what Greta does are quite different.

So? Prove me wrong. Prove to me that political groups aren't funding her, guiding her, coaxing and directing her.
    Prove that all her ideas are her own and she's directing this international environmentalist push all by herself.

So? Prove me wrong. Prove to me that political groups aren't funding her, guiding her, coaxing and directing her.
    Prove that all her ideas are her own and she's directing this international environmentalist push all by herself.

YOU MADE THE CLAIM...

Prove to us that what you said is true.

Thats how accusations are handled- the accuser must follow up with actual proof. Wiki page is not actual proof, correct?

Before we start with the proof...

Can you specify exactly what proof we can provide that she isn't being funded by a nefarious group?

Listen to yourself, DD. We are to take your word in what you say because it is all your own theory (even though a quick search I just did brought up numerous op-eds from the pretty far right that all say much the same thing) yet, you cannot believe that Greta isn’t being manipulated and that her ideas are her own?

In essence, you are allowed to have your own ideas, but she cannot. 🤷‍♀️

What's up this morning?

Do you think I am afraid that to say that my cousin told me that the one time I missed the current events update down to the VFW there was a very informed speaker who stated that Greta is being supported by the One Foundation which is funded by George Soros?

You do realize that hearsay is sometimes better than direct evidence, right? (Yes, I paid attention during Schiff's impechment inquiry).

I will gladly say exactly how I feel. If a 16 year olds wants to insert themselves into a political discussion and allow themselves to be hosted as some movement for a political discussion then others have every right to not look at them as a kid. The Democrats have decided to use kids as their political pawns for the specific purpose that they cannot be challenged.

Democrats are using kids the same way islamic terrorist are using kids as shield to not be blown up. Why are you upset with Trump and not those who put these kids in the situation to take the blowback for their adult handlers?

Time to turn to this rather odious post. I think I found the source of your theory, it’s an op-ed from Christine Flowers. Here’s the link:

She never says that Democrats are doing it though. She just says adults. She, in fact, has a fairly reasonable take, saying that anti-gun violence activists, anti-communist activists, and climate activists have all done the same thing. She also acknowledges that the adults’ motives are often sincere. In other words, it’s all of us. So, Tex, is this your source and how did it morph into something that only those evil Democrats are doing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom