Trump's inability to restrain himself (Attacks on Greta Thunberg) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

coldseat

Reaction score
    I realize the title is inflammatory (to some), but in this instance it's well warranted. His attacks and mocking of Greta Thunberg are disgusting and unacceptable. I know we're just supposed to ignore him because he does this with everybody, but we shouldn't. There is no time and place where we should accept a US President mocking a 16 year old minor. NEVER! For any reason. If you don't have a problem with this, there's a problem with you.

Her activism for climate change and the fact that it irks Trump is irrelevant to how she should be treated, especially publicly by a US President.

This is what Trump represents to the world. This is the face they see when they think of America now, a 70-year old man attacking a 16-year old girl concerned about her future and the future of the planet she lives on. This is one of the main reasons he needs to go.

What's up this morning?

Do you think I am afraid that to say that my cousin told me that the one time I missed the current events update down to the VFW there was a very informed speaker who stated that Greta is being supported by the One Foundation which is funded by George Soros?

You do realize that hearsay is sometimes better than direct evidence, right? (Yes, I paid attention during Schiff's impechment inquiry).

oh, I know you trade in conspiracy theories, that’s why I didn’t ask you. And at this point hearsay would be better than no evidence at all, right?

oh, I know you trade in conspiracy theories, that’s why I didn’t ask you. And at this point hearsay would be better than no evidence at all, right?

I don’t doubt that an organization affiliated with Soros’s open society foundation has helped fund Greta. Soros spends billions promoting causes he feels help people. Soros probably does more good around the world than any living human.

Of course, even if Greta is a puppet of George Soros, it doesn’t justify any adult attacking her.

Greta's mom is an opera singer. Her did is an actor and producer. Her grandfather is an actor and director.

Pretty sure they could afford to spend a week in New York...

Were the Parkland teens who were on a crusade for gun control, appearing on all the talk shows accused of being pawns of adults with their own nefarious agenda?

Actually, my point was that it is incredibly hypocritical of someone to be outraged that a witness would say "Trump can name his son Baron, but he can't make him a Baron," and claim that is a horrible attack on a child....and then be ok with Trump actually criticizing a child on twitter.

Your statement that the statement about Baron wasn't directed at him, reinforces the point I was making that what those Trump supporters seem to be ok with Trump doing is significantly worse than what they were upset about, in regards to Baron.

I believe I misunderstood what you said. My bad.

Woah. Stop. Right. There. Throwing up crap?

I straight up got the idea from my own knowledge, education and experience in the realm of politics.

No teenager goes to the UN for a speech without somebody sponsoring it for their own reasons. That's simple logic.

I am not ashamed of thinking for myself at all.

Does the name malala yousafzai ring a bell? She almost paid the highest price for standing up for her beliefs and dreams

Good article from the Washington Post that addresses some of the claims that some posters here are making about Thunberg
    ==================================================================================

When Donald Trump called Greta Thunberg “so ridiculous” and said she needed to “work on her anger management problem” and “chill,” it felt all too familiar.

Like Thunberg, I am also an autistic activist used to people with more power dismissing me as angry, unmanageable and unlikable.

These attacks come alongside insinuations that I never belong in the room and do not deserve the accolades I have earned.

Even when autistic people are honored, like Thunberg was when she was named Time’s Person of the Year, we are immediately discredited as children, reinforcing the ideas that children and autistic people alike have no agency and our work is illegitimate...........

This attitude is rooted in the notion that children (whether disabled or not) and disabled people of all ages are both incapable of speaking for ourselves, making our own decisions, or having ideas that should be taken seriously.

It is what Donald Trump Jr., the president’s son, meant when he tweeted that Thunberg is “used as a marketing gimmick.”

Last edited:
    Imagine what the world will be like after Trump is no longer restrained by the possibility of being impeached and removed? I shudder to think what Trump will do next year.
    On second thought, he might restrain himself somewhat since he faces an election, but if he wins, and he thinks impeachment is unlikely, then he might do the craziest stuff yet, even if it can be shown that he won due to foreign influence.

Does anyone think that the President of the United States getting into Twitter feuds with 16 year old girls (and losing) is a good thing?

Evidently, there are at least a few people who do, UTJ.

Good to know she has a proper perspective and a good sense of humor about all of this. Now, if only adults could be better.

PS, It certainly seems like she's being abused by her handlers. :rolleyes:

Good to know she has a proper perspective and a good sense of humor about all of this. Now, if only adults could be better.

PS, It certainly seems like she's being abused by her handlers. :rolleyes:

After seeing watchmen, I’ve decided Greta is her own grandmother.

She seems better on her feet than most adults, especially the ones who seem most threatened by her. They can’t handle the fact that she’s already smarter than them just in general.

Greta was using her own words in that video, not a memorized speech. Her “handlers” are doing a great job of raising a emotionally mature human.

Plenty of old men die without ever escaping emotional puberty.

I wonder if she will get the same criticism as Greta that she is too young to be taken seriously and is just being used by adults to fuel an agenda?
    =====================

For climate skeptics, it’s hard to compete with the youthful appeal of global phenomenon Greta Thunberg. But one U.S. think tank hopes it’s found an answer: the anti-Greta.

Naomi Seibt is a 19-year-old German who, like Greta, is blond, eloquent and European. But Naomi denounces “climate alarmism,” calls climate consciousness “a despicably anti-human ideology,” and has even deployed Greta’s now famous “How dare you?” line to take on the mainstream German media.

“She’s a fantastic voice for free markets and for climate realism,” said James Taylor, director of the Arthur B. Robinson Center for Climate and Environmental Policy at the Heartland Institute, an influential libertarian think tank in suburban Chicago that has the ear of the Trump administration.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom