Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

It all goes to the man's bombastic character, Chuck. I readily concede he's a jerk. I just don't see the need to repeat that he's a jerk, over and over and over.

If he continues to exhibit new jerk behavior on a daily basis, should it not be pointed out that he's continuing to be a jerk? The jerk gets to continue with new behavior but the critics should just let it rest?

If he continues to exhibit new jerk behavior on a daily basis, should it not be pointed out that he's continuing to be a jerk? The jerk gets to continue with new behavior but the critics should just let it rest?
    The critics can critique all they want, but calling out somebody by name for NOT posting a criticism to go along with every post is a bit much.

I think the best reason to continue to critique his behavior, treatment of others, racist/bigoted statements and bad polices is so that they don't become normalized in American society. It may be a losing battle at this point, as 40% of our society accept and cheer him on and another 30% or so have stopped paying attention to or criticizing it. There is a lot of ignorance in Trump's behavior and policies, and as we accept and follow him down that road, it will make us a more ignorant country. You can already see it happening with the polices that are being carried out and the way more Americans are behaving. It will have a lot of negative effects, more than can be empirically quantified.

Come on now Lakeview is full of trumpets!

So it is safe to say he won Lakeview and parts of uptown for sure.

He won just about every Lakeview precinct and three precincts Uptown for 14.6% total in Orleans Parish in 2016.

I'd expect closer to 10% this year but we'll see.

He won just about every Lakeview precinct and three precincts Uptown for 14.6% total in Orleans Parish in 2016.

I'd expect closer to 10% this year but we'll see.
    I didn't have to look it up to know that is his base.

They profile something serious in Lakeview.

I drive an old truck cuz I am cheap and I love that thing. It doesn't look that bad but I get pulled over all the time leaving my brother's house in Lakeview after dark about one out of five times is the rate.

We now meet at a coffee shop to go to saints games if it will be over after dark.

This is more about the juxtaposition of things, in a nuanced way, between these two tweets.

Big Tent party, huh? Everyone kinda looks the same to me... I don't see a "broad spectrum of views", that is typically used to describe a "big tent" party. For a city that is only 45% White (including hispanics..), or 37% white, non-hispanic, I don't see too many minorities in the crowd. I think I noticed one possible lady..

EDIT: Oh wait.. I see one black guy in that first photo. never mind.. total big tent.

This is more about the juxtaposition of things, in a nuanced way, between these two tweets.

Big Tent party, huh? Everyone kinda looks the same to me... I don't see a "broad spectrum of views", that is typically used to describe a "big tent" party. For a city that is only 45% White (including hispanics..), or 37% white, non-hispanic, I don't see too many minorities in the crowd. I think I noticed one possible lady..

EDIT: Oh wait.. I see one black guy in that first photo. never mind.. total big tent.

I have been to zero political events in my life. I plan to attend zero before I die. I look at people that go to Trump events, Warren events, Bernie events or whatever as brainwashed idiots (both sides). That is why I never really care about crowd size or the demographics of a crowd. It is guaranteed that 'normal' republicans/conservatives don't attend political rallies or events. Probably true to Democrats/liberals as well,.

I have been to zero political events in my life. I plan to attend zero before I die. I look at people that go to Trump events, Warren events, Bernie events or whatever as brainwashed idiots (both sides). That is why I never really care about crowd size or the demographics of a crowd. It is guaranteed that 'normal' republicans/conservatives don't attend political rallies or events. Probably true to Democrats/liberals as well,.

As Jon Stewart said on the daily show ages ago:( I think he was talking about protests though)

“Normal people have to pick up the kids and fix dinner”

Last edited:
    Probably. I think there is probably more of a draw than we'd think though.

I've only been to one political event and it wasn't a big rally. I went to a small Mayor Pete function (open bar), and it was his husband Chasten who was there, not Pete (which was expected, because they always advertised it as Chasten only). It was nice, because the crowd was like 100ish folks, and you could just talk to people. I did see a few folks who were more, "activist" or "special interest" (like, to be blunt, would have a sob story to tell). However, a lot of normal folks were in there. Talked to a couple from Australia, who now lived in Florida and they just wanted to see what this was all about. They liked Pete, thought he was pretty straightforward and likable. They don't get caught up in too much of the stuff. It was nice to hear from a lot of different people and no one there sounded like a nut.

Well, I take that back, one person who asked an open question maybe was a little nutty, but it wasn't that bad.

The fact the event was cheap, and small, is the only reason I went.

What I did notice, is that these events always have some local politicians there, and some special donors (or people who just pay more) can get some one on one time with the candidate or campaign staff, so you can bring up some issues. I like that, because, Chasten really is a great listener (I mean, he was a middle school teacher, and it shows), was very polite and let people just talk. He wasn't just there to show a vision, but to listen to what people cared about. So, I'm sure the bigger events will have groups, like a teacher's union, some other professional organization, local civic group, all attend. It's probably your best chance to voice some concerns. It's also probably the reason why certain opinions get skewed... they meet too many low information voters, or 'brainwashed idiots'.

Probably. I think there is probably more of a draw than we'd think though.

I've only been to one political event and it wasn't a big rally. I went to a small Mayor Pete function (open bar), and it was his husband Chasten who was there, not Pete (which was expected, because they always advertised it as Chasten only). It was nice, because the crowd was like 100ish folks, and you could just talk to people. I did see a few folks who were more, "activist" or "special interest" (like, to be blunt, would have a sob story to tell). However, a lot of normal folks were in there. Talked to a couple from Australia, who now lived in Florida and they just wanted to see what this was all about. They liked Pete, thought he was pretty straightforward and likable. They don't get caught up in too much of the stuff. It was nice to hear from a lot of different people and no one there sounded like a nut.

Well, I take that back, one person who asked an open question maybe was a little nutty, but it wasn't that bad.

The fact the event was cheap, and small, is the only reason I went.

What I did notice, is that these events always have some local politicians there, and some special donors (or people who just pay more) can get some one on one time with the candidate or campaign staff, so you can bring up some issues. I like that, because, Chasten really is a great listener (I mean, he was a middle school teacher, and it shows), was very polite and let people just talk. He wasn't just there to show a vision, but to listen to what people cared about. So, I'm sure the bigger events will have groups, like a teacher's union, some other professional organization, local civic group, all attend. It's probably your best chance to voice some concerns. It's also probably the reason why certain opinions get skewed... they meet too many low information voters, or 'brainwashed idiots'.
    open bar? really?

Dang, I wish Tennessee was an important early primary/caucus state.

open bar? really?

Dang, I wish Tennessee was an important early primary/caucus state.
    Doh, sorry, cash bar. Cash bar. Haha. I think we maybe got one free drink? I dont recall. All I know is that the girl bartender I mostly went to definitely threw a free drink or two (or 3) my way.

And Florida isn't an important early state. Actually, I think they've barely been here, but it's stupid to ignore Florida. Also, they went to Fort Lauderdale (technically wilton manors) and Orlando (then New Orleans). They were hitting up the gay communities, I think.

Screenshot_20191117-124155_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191117-124214_Gallery.jpg

So yeah, not the stadium tour that Trump does, so it felt a lot more accessible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom