Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

The answer is, look up past accommodations for presidents and past accusations that presidents profiteered from their position and draw your own conclusions. I can't think for you.

Regardless what links, examples or stories I share, you'll simply deem them insufficient and tell me to go find another example. Sorry, I don't play the "Go fetch" game.

Did your editors at the newspaper get mad when you dismissed the notion of research as a 'Go fetch" game?

Did your editors at the newspaper get mad when you dismissed the notion of research as a 'Go fetch" game?
    This isn't a newspaper and I do not work for you.

I've already suggested that if you have a genuine interest, look up the Kennedy family and the Bush family regarding expenditures for personal retreats, trips and security. You can easily throw in the Clinton family as well.
    Allow me to suggest you research it and draw your own conclusions.

Prove me wrong. Prove that there haven't been past accusations regarding expenditures for presidential personal retreats, trips and security in previous administrations.

Does anyone not think it's better if President's and other high ranking politicians have there money and assets placed into blind trusts?
    You think the Roosevelt family would have agreed to such a thing?

The downside to that is that at some point, anybody with any real money would draw the conclusion that it's not worth it to run for president.

We end up eliminating the entire business sector leadership as potential candidates and we're left with career politicians.

You think the Roosevelt family would have agreed to such a thing?

I don't care what the Roosevelt's would have agreed to. I care about what I think is best going forward.

The downside to that is that at some point, anybody with any real money would draw the conclusion that it's not worth it to run for president.

We end up eliminating the entire business sector leadership as potential candidates and we're left with career politicians.

You eliminate anyone who cares more about their money than the country. I'm ok with that.

And I'm not saying they can't own stocks or anything, they should just put their money in a blind trust that broadly mirrors the US economy. If the country prospers, so do they. If they can't live with that, oh well. We have 300 million people in this country, there are plenty of smart capable people in this country.

This isn't a newspaper and I do not work for you.

I've already suggested that if you have a genuine interest, look up the Kennedy family and the Bush family regarding expenditures for personal retreats, trips and security. You can easily throw in the Clinton family as well.
    Allow me to suggest you research it and draw your own conclusions.

Prove me wrong. Prove that there haven't been past accusations regarding expenditures for presidential personal retreats, trips and security in previous administrations.

There have been accusations that the government faked the moon landing and keep alien bodies at Area 51. That doesn't mean that there is any truth to those claims.

If you want me to look into them, point me in the right direction. I did a quick search already for accusations that Taft was profiting and found nothing. Help me out here, DD.

I don't care what the Roosevelt's would have agreed to. I care about what I think is best going forward.

You eliminate anyone who cares more about their money than the country. I'm ok with that.

And I'm not saying they can't own stocks or anything, they should just put their money in a blind trust that broadly mirrors the US economy. If the country prospers, so do they. If they can't live with that, oh well. We have 300 million people in this country, there are plenty of smart capable people in this country.
    I see. A candidate for office must hand over total control of their assets to the point that it violates their constitutional rights as a citizen? OK.

There have been accusations that the government faked the moon landing and keep alien bodies at Area 51. That doesn't mean that there is any truth to those claims.

If you want me to look into them, point me in the right direction. I did a quick search already for accusations that Taft was profiting and found nothing. Help me out here, DD.
    Like I said, the most recent and easiest ones would be the Kennedy family, the Bush family and the Clinton family.

Taft? He was accused of helping the Secretary of the Interior with some shady deals on federal lands, specifically coal. When the chief forester blew the whistle, Taft fired him. That caused Teddy Roosevelt to split from the Republicans and run under the Bull Moose ticket.
    Read some of Teddy's accusations about Taft.

Yeah, it was the north slope of Alaska type scandal of its day.

For those who speak in absolutes about DJT being the only president who has ever done this or that, I conclude they simply haven't studied enough of their own nation's History and I'm trying to encourage everybody to do so.

There is no shortage of historical examples of accusations of presidential profiteering. Google Taft Profiteering, there's plenty to go around. Enjoy.

The subject of accusations of presidential profiteering goes from the sublime to the absurd and sometimes both.
    Tell you what, pick any president, Google the name and the word "profiteering."

I'm watching this unfold yet again for the tenth president in my lifetime. It's the same old muck raking story line and political tactic.

If it looks like your party might lose an upcoming election, smear the opposing candidate any way you can.
    For an incumbent, that means accusing the sitting president of profiteering on his job.

As long as everybody is aware this is a standard tactic, I don't have a problem with it. You can bet both sides do it.

Tell me where Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush or Obama owned a hotel filled with SS agents on the public dole in Scotland. Did any of them lie to propose the g7 meeting at Doral?

This is not the same and the continued obfuscation and equivocation doesn't change it.

I'm waiting.

The answer is, look up past accommodations for presidents and past accusations that presidents profiteered from their position and draw your own conclusions. I can't think for you.

Regardless what links, examples or stories I share, you'll simply deem them insufficient and tell me to go find another example. Sorry, I don't play the "Go fetch" game.

Not being able to fetch appropriate support could be a lovely strategy to avoid having to support an unsupportable opinion, no?

Like I said, the most recent and easiest ones would be the Kennedy family, the Bush family and the Clinton family.

Taft? He was accused of helping the Secretary of the Interior with some shady deals on federal lands, specifically coal. When the chief forester blew the whistle, Taft fired him. That caused Teddy Roosevelt to split from the Republicans and run under the Bull Moose ticket.
    Read some of Teddy's accusations about Taft.

Yeah, it was the north slope of Alaska type scandal of its day.

For those who speak in absolutes about DJT being the only president who has ever done this or that, I conclude they simply haven't studied enough of their own nation's History and I'm trying to encourage everybody to do so.

Appreciate it. Not quite seeing in that link (or a few others) where Taft was personally lining his own pockets with taxpayer money, though.

Tell me where Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush or Obama owned a hotel filled with SS agents on the public dole in Scotland. Did any of them lie to propose the g7 meeting at Doral?

This is not the same and the continued obfuscation and equivocation doesn't change it.

I'm waiting.
    And you'll keep waiting, now that you've played the NAZI card. SS AGENTS . . . sheesh.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Appreciate it. Not quite seeing in that link (or a few others) where Taft was personally lining his own pockets with taxpayer money, though.
    Taft fired the whistle blower from his administration. The implications were obvious and like I said, look up what Teddy said about it.

Taft fired the whistle blower from his administration. The implications were obvious and like I said, look up what Teddy said about it.

No proof again. This is borderline comical, DD. If you have any proof that previous presidents used their office to specifically increase their own wealth, please provide it.

No proof again. This is borderline comical, DD. If you have any proof that previous presidents used their office to specifically increase their own wealth, please provide it.
    No, it's past comical. As I predicted, nothing presented is sufficient for you.
    Have a great day.

And you'll keep waiting, now that you've played the NAZI card. SS AGENTS . . . sheesh.
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    Oh . . . you meant Secret Service Agents. The correct abbreviation for that is USSS, hence my confusion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom