Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

Speaking of our president’s palate, did he serve fast food at the WH today to LSU? I’m too lazy to go look for the story.

I do think that is one of the weirdest things he does, though.

Speaking of our president’s palate, did he serve fast food at the WH today to LSU? I’m too lazy to go look for the story.

I do think that is one of the weirdest things he does, though.

All the Popeye's chicken sammiches they could eat

/iactuallyhavenoidea

My opinion?
    We are a nation traumatized by the deaths of Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, and Kennedy.
    My opinion?
    We spend whatever we have to spend for presidential security, including personal retreats.
    My opinion?
    The only time this becomes an issue is when the political opposition wants to stir the pot about how much we're spending on presidential security.
    My opinion?
    Accusations about presidents profiteering off of their position are as old as George Washington.
    My opinion?
    If you're not aware of that, you need to research presidential history and draw your own conclusions.

You're obfuscating again.

Is it ok that Trump is spending orders more on his own recreation and our tax money that he's spending is flowing into his own pockets? Is it ok that he criticized Obama for vacationing and spending money on travel when he does it 40 times worse?

We are not talking about accusations. I am talking about facts.

You're obfuscating again.

Is it ok that Trump is spending orders more on his own recreation and our tax money that he's spending is flowing into his own pockets? Is it ok that he criticized Obama for vacationing and spending money on travel when he does it 40 times worse?

We are not talking about accusations. I am talking about facts.
    No, I am not obfuscating.
    I am offering a long view perspective on presidential accommodations which seems lacking here.
    The thought occurs to me . . . ever look into what it cost the taxpayer to accommodate Taft's enormous bulk?
    How about a 7 foot long bathtub and a giant bed on a battleship?

It's true that weight was an issue for Taft, who weighed in at 340 pounds on a 5'11.5" frame. In preparation for Taft’s trip to inspect construction of the Panama Canal in 1909, the captain of the USS North Carolina requested an oversized bathtub to accommodate the new president-elect.

According to a letter found at the National Archives, the captain requested the following for Taft's visit:

– 1 brass double bedstead, of extra length;
    – 1 superior spring mattress, extra strong;
    – 1 bath tub, 5 feet 5 inches in length, over rolled rim, and of extra width.

However, according to information provided by the National Archives, newspaper reports stated at the time that the tub was built on a larger scale, one that had "pondlike dimensions" and could hold "four ordinary men."

1579322163501.png

I've already conceded DJT is a holier-than-thou jerk. I really don't see the point in adding the word hypocrite.

Last edited:
    I am offering a long view perspective on presidential accommodations which seems lacking here.
    The thought occurs to me . . . ever look into what it cost the taxpayer to accommodate Taft's enormous bulk?

It's true that weight was an issue for Taft, who weighed in at 340 pounds on a 5'11.5" frame. In preparation for Taft’s trip to inspect construction of the Panama Canal in 1909, the captain of the USS North Carolina requested an oversized bathtub to accommodate the new president-elect.

According to a letter found at the National Archives, the captain requested the following for Taft's visit:

However, according to information provided by the National Archives, newspaper reports stated at the time that the tub was built on a larger scale, one that had "pondlike dimensions" and could hold "four ordinary men."

1579322163501.png

I've already conceded DJT is a holier-than-thou jerk. I really don't see the point in adding the word hypocrite.

Can you explain how any of this directly benefited Taft's personal wealth? Specifically, how taxpayer money enriched him personally?

Excerpt from soon to be released book

If Obama’s coffee cup salute was disrespecting the military then what is this?
    =========================

.......Trump by now was in one of his rages. He was so angry that he wasn’t taking many breaths. All morning, he had been coarse and cavalier, but the next several things he bellowed went beyond that description.

They stunned nearly everyone in the room, and some vowed that they would never repeat them. Indeed, they have not been reported until now.

“I wouldn’t go to war with you people,” Trump told the assembled brass.

Addressing the room, the commander in chief barked, “You’re a bunch of dopes and babies.”

For a president known for verbiage he euphemistically called “locker room talk,” this was the gravest insult he could have delivered to these people, in this sacred space.

The flag officers in the room were shocked. Some staff began looking down at their papers, rearranging folders, almost wishing themselves out of the room.

A few considered walking out. They tried not to reveal their revulsion on their faces, but questions raced through their minds. “How does the commander in chief say that?” one thought. “What would our worst adversaries think if they knew he said this?”.................

Last edited:

1579322163501.png

Again, you try to skip right past the meat of the issue and give us stupidity about a bathtub.

But let's humor the notion that if they spent 10k to accommodate fat Taft it was in today's money 100k. Now, tell me how much that means when we're sending 50 SS agents to Mar Lago every weekend and paying Trump to house them in his hotel.

It's not so much a holier than thou complaint as it is that he's a liar who is fleecing the tax payer to cover the costs of his own entertainment, as well as, directly receiving financial benefit for it. And he's doing it at an unprecedented rate.

We paid for the tub once. We are wearing out AF1 back and forth to WPB.

Can you explain how any of this directly benefited Taft's personal wealth? Specifically, how taxpayer money enriched him personally?
    There is no shortage of historical examples of accusations of presidential profiteering. Google Taft Profiteering, there's plenty to go around. Enjoy.

Again, you try to skip right past the meat of the issue and give us stupidity about a bathtub.

But let's humor the notion that if they spent 10k to accommodate fat Taft it was in today's money 100k. Now, tell me how much that means when we're sending 50 SS agents to Mar Lago every weekend and paying Trump to house them in his hotel.

It's not so much a holier than thou complaint as it is that he's a liar who is fleecing the tax payer to cover the costs of his own entertainment, as well as, directly receiving financial benefit for it. And he's doing it at an unprecedented rate.

We paid for the tub once. We are wearing out AF1 back and forth to WPB.
    The subject of accusations of presidential profiteering goes from the sublime to the absurd and sometimes both.
    Tell you what, pick any president, Google the name and the word "profiteering."

I'm watching this unfold yet again for the tenth president in my lifetime. It's the same old muck raking story line and political tactic.

If it looks like your party might lose an upcoming election, smear the opposing candidate any way you can.
    For an incumbent, that means accusing the sitting president of profiteering on his job.

As long as everybody is aware this is a standard tactic, I don't have a problem with it. You can bet both sides do it.

Excerpt from soon to be released book

If Obama’s coffee cup salute was disrespecting the military then what is this?
    =========================

.......Trump by now was in one of his rages. He was so angry that he wasn’t taking many breaths. All morning, he had been coarse and cavalier, but the next several things he bellowed went beyond that description.

They stunned nearly everyone in the room, and some vowed that they would never repeat them. Indeed, they have not been reported until now.

“I wouldn’t go to war with you people,” Trump told the assembled brass.

Addressing the room, the commander in chief barked, “You’re a bunch of dopes and babies.”

For a president known for verbiage he euphemistically called “locker room talk,” this was the gravest insult he could have delivered to these people, in this sacred space.

The flag officers in the room were shocked. Some staff began looking down at their papers, rearranging folders, almost wishing themselves out of the room.

A few considered walking out. They tried not to reveal their revulsion on their faces, but questions raced through their minds. “How does the commander in chief say that?” one thought. “What would our worst adversaries think if they knew he said this?”.................

I'm fairly certain DJT is not the first Commander-in-Chief to chew out ranking military officers.

NSFW Language:

There is no shortage of historical examples of accusations of presidential profiteering. Google Taft Profiteering, there's plenty to go around. Enjoy.

So the answer is no, you can't support your claim that money spent for the physical accommodations needed for the president are exactly the same as the president intentionally enriching himself personally by forcing the government to funnel taxpayer money into the businesses from which he still personally makes a profit.

So the answer is no, you can't support your claim that money spent for the physical accommodations needed for the president are exactly the same as the president intentionally enriching himself personally by forcing the government to funnel taxpayer money into the businesses from which he still personally makes a profit.
    The answer is, look up past accommodations for presidents and past accusations that presidents profiteered from their position and draw your own conclusions. I can't think for you.

Regardless what links, examples or stories I share, you'll simply deem them insufficient and tell me to go find another example. Sorry, I don't play the "Go fetch" game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom