Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

"What he has unleashed and what he continues to try to tap into is the fears and anger and resentment of people who, in some cases, really are having a tough time and have seen their prospects, or communities where they left, declining. And Trump tries to tap into that and redirect in nativist, racist, sexist ways," he continued..............
    I’ve got nothing but love for Obama, but he’s either being extremely diplomatic or extremely naive here.

Trump isn’t redirecting the poor guys who’re just having a tough time towards racism, sexism, or nativism.

He’s tapping into what is already a part of these people, unfortunately.

should Obama be more vocal publicly or would he be a distraction for Biden and/or a lightning rod/rallying point for Trump?

No, he shouldn't. He should stay fairly quiet, do the occasional speech or commercial for Biden, but otherwise, be a silent partner.

Being too vocal will simply give Trump supporters more fodder as they point to him being the only president to be so vocal against his successor. I'm not saying that's true, but that's never stopped a lot of Trump supporters from claiming things before.

For what it’s worth
    =================
    The U.S. Postal Service is experiencing days-long backlogs of mail across the country after a top Trump donor running the agency put in place new procedures described as cost-cutting efforts, alarming postal workers who warn that the policies could undermine their ability to deliver ballots on time for the November election.

As President Trump ramps up his unfounded attacks on mail balloting as being susceptible to widespread fraud, postal employees and union officials say the changes implemented by Trump fundraiser-turned-postmaster general Louis DeJoy are contributing to a growing perception that mail delays are the result of a political effort to undermine absentee voting..........

All of these stories about executive abuses just highlight the degree to which we've gotten by this long on the virtue of the President (seemingly) being a decent person and not taking advantage. Listening to a Con Law podcast has revealed so much more gray area, nuance, subjectivity there exists in the Executive Branch by the POTUS.

It's kind of incredible that we've just been taking it for granted that a POTUS is just going to abide by an honor code with regard to some of these things.

It's kind of incredible that we've just been taking it for granted that a POTUS is just going to abide by an honor code with regard to some of these things.
    Maybe this will be the one positive from the Trump administration. Exposing all the holes that need to be permanently fixed so that in the future, whatever party controls the senate simply can't aid a president in being corrupt by looking the other way.

Not necessarily. Traditional absentee voting requires the voter to affirmatively request an absentee ballot. All states have absentee voting provisions, but I think more than half of them do not require a reason (e.g. out of the country) - you can just get the ballot if you make a timely request.

What Trump is referring to is "universal mail-in voting" - which is where the state election entity mails out ballots to registered voters. The voters do not need to request a ballot. Many states are proposing this for November 2020 due to the pandemic.

Two states (Oregon and one other i forget which) already do this and have done it for some time now. There doesn't appear to be any particular problem with fraud. But Trump and Republicans have conjured this process rife with voter fraud where people are stealing ballots from mailboxes and dead people are getting ballots. There doesn't appear to be a basis for these concerns.

However, the longer states wait to decide on their process, and where some wholly new process is adopted in a rushed fashion, certainly risk of shenanigans or just plain administrative failure is increased.
    If it's okay for millions of people to protest, why can't people cast their votes like normal? Couldn't we have special times for seniors or high risk people?

If it's okay for millions of people to protest, why can't people cast their votes like normal? Couldn't we have special times for seniors or high risk people?

That might impact others from voting. If my only chance to go is during the special times for seniors and other high risk voters, would I be allowed in?

Perhaps we should let seniors and other high risk voters go to the ballot Sunday and Monday to ensure that they have a chance to safely vote, then we open it up to everyone else on Tuesday?

Can't say I'm surprised and I expect this to intensify as the election gets closer
    =========================================================

President Donald Trump has attacked rival Joe Biden and the Democrats on God as he moves to shore up support among the Christian voters that were integral to his 2016 victory.

Trump has suggested Democratic presidential candidate Biden and his party are "against the Bible" in a recent "tele-rally" with supporters in Pennsylvania.

Essentially, they're against God if you look at what they're doing with religion," he said.

He did not expand further on how he felt they were against religion, but his comments reiterate similar combative lines he has used towards his political adversaries in recent days.

Trump previously said that while in Texas he had said "the Radical Left Do Nothing Democrats," and Biden are against "Oil, Gas, Guns, & God."

He added: "Must be tough to win Texas on that platform!"....................

Can't say I'm surprised and I expect this to intensify as the election gets closer
    =========================================================

President Donald Trump has attacked rival Joe Biden and the Democrats on God as he moves to shore up support among the Christian voters that were integral to his 2016 victory.

Trump has suggested Democratic presidential candidate Biden and his party are "against the Bible" in a recent "tele-rally" with supporters in Pennsylvania.

Essentially, they're against God if you look at what they're doing with religion," he said.

He did not expand further on how he felt they were against religion, but his comments reiterate similar combative lines he has used towards his political adversaries in recent days.

Trump previously said that while in Texas he had said "the Radical Left Do Nothing Democrats," and Biden are against "Oil, Gas, Guns, & God."

He added: "Must be tough to win Texas on that platform!"....................

Says the man who literally said he has never asked God for forgiveness. Asking for forgiveness for ones sins kind of IS Christianity in a nutshell.

How the evangelicals fell for this is still beyond me.

Even better is his answer for who is Jesus Christ? "someone who is always there and is brave and I can depend on."

Man those are setup questions. Just say he is your lord and savior who died for your sins. easy questions especially if you are OK with lying. To me it smells of he doesn't know ANYTHING about religion at all and has barely any idea of who Jesus Christ is.

It's a fair point but I think the dynamics are different - the biggest problems with voting are going to be people standing in fairly concentrated groups with the same people for lengthy periods of time, up to hours (possibly more in some places) . . . and often indoors. But I think that smart protocols and universal mask-wearing would be very effective to mitigate the risk in some places.

But of course, universal mask-wearing won't happen because there's a segment of America that's either too privileged or too stupid to wear a mask, so that cuts down effectiveness. And in places where poll access is limited, it means lengthy wait times (even in normal circumstances).

The bottom line is that elections are matters of state law. I believe that most states already have absentee ballot and in 30 states you don't need an excuse - you can just get the ballot. A couple of states already have universal mail ballot and there doesn't seem to be a pervasive fraud problem.

But either way, the process leaves it to the states to decide and some are going to do it because they think it will help control the spread of coronavirus . . . and they're not wrong. And some states are going to refuse because they don't think it's necessary or it introduces more problems than it solves . . . and that's their prerogative.

In my state, my kids are going back to school in two weeks so I have no illusions that there will be any sort of change to the voting procedures. I intend to request an absentee ballot. I vote in a Nat. Guard armory building and it's like a gymnasium - and you can expect to spend about 90 minutes in there. The zip code is the highest Covid count per capita in the state. And there's plenty of no-mask dip-shirts around town, so no thanks - I won't be subjecting myself to that.

Says the man who literally said he has never asked God for forgiveness. Asking for forgiveness for ones sins kind of IS Christianity in a nutshell.

Even better is his answer for who is Jesus Christ? "someone who is always there and is brave and I can depend on."

Man those are setup questions. Just say he is your lord and savior who died for your sins. easy questions especially if you are OK with lying. To me it smells of he doesn't know ANYTHING about religion at all and has barely any idea of who Jesus Christ is.

I went to Catholic school for 9 years, not one of those religion classes would have described Trump as a good Christian.

I went to Catholic school for 9 years, not one of those religion classes would have described Trump as a good Christian.
    There isn't a single ACTUAL Christian who would consider Trump a Christian. If you're a Christian and claim that Trump is too, then neither are you. You just want to be able to act like an idiot all week and ask for forgiveness on Sunday so your path to heaven doesn't get blocked. I know plenty of people who practice other religions who are more "Christian" than a lot of those who are the loudest and proudest about how uber-Christian they are.

during the 2016 campaign during an interview Trump said something along the lines of "no one knows the bible better than I do" so he was asked what his favorite verse was

To which his answer was pure BS, something like 'I love them all so much I can't possibly pick a single one"

It was so obvious he couldn't quote the bible if his life depended on it

During the St Johns debacle when he was holding up the bible I was hoping one of the media would ask him to quote some inspiring words from the bible during the this time of need

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom