Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

during the 2016 campaign during an interview Trump said something along the lines of "no one knows the bible better than I do" so he was asked what his favorite verse was

To which his answer was pure BS, something like 'I love them all so much I can't possibly pick a single one"

It was so obvious he couldn't quote the bible if his life depended on it

During the St Johns debacle when he was holding up the bible I was hoping one of the media would ask him to quote some inspiring words from the bible during the this time of need

"It's Two Corinthians. Some folks like One Corinthian, but those people are losers. I get Two of them when everyone else only gets One because I'm, like, a really smart guy. I've got businesses. Great businesses. And they all get Two instead of One. That means they're two times as great at Corinthianing. All the Corinthians. I have them all. And the rest of these people, they only have One. That's why I'm the smartest."

-Donald Trump, probably

Well, I’m shocked
    ================
    NEW YORK (AP) — Lawyers for a Manhattan prosecutor trying to get President Donald Trump’s tax returns told a judge Monday that it was justified in demanding them because of public reports of “extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization.”...........

We have threads about Trump's financial records.

I think if we just dump everything on this thread, it will make both (this thread and the topical threads) less meaningful.

Which one's got locked up?

he said “he should wish”

I think leading huge crowds in “Lock her up! Lock her up!” chants constitute a “wish” pretty clearly.

you just change words and arguments - yours and others’ - to fit whatever point you need even when it’s obviously, demonstrably incorrect

Abortion imo... If he's on the right side of that issue he's on the right side with them.

That's certainly the easy answer, but is that all it is, abortion (with judges thrown in as well)?

And it's not just the support, it's the enthusiastic support

Donald Trump is the least religious, spiritual, moral person to ever run for president

During the republican primaries when everyone running was on the "right side" of abortion and judges shouldn't the evangelical response at the time been "anyone but Trump"?

But as far as I can recall that wasn't the case

I have no doubt that abortion plays a huge part - but I think it runs deeper than that

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some 80s/90s abortions in Trump's past, and if that were true and revealed and proven I wouldn't expect it to decrease their support one bit

it seems to me that there is something else at play here, and I'll never understand what that something is

That's certainly the easy answer, but is that all it is, abortion (with judges thrown in as well)?

And it's not just the support, it's the enthusiastic support

Donald Trump is the least religious, spiritual, moral person to ever run for president

During the republican primaries when everyone running was on the "right side" of abortion and judges shouldn't the evangelical response at the time been "anyone but Trump"?

But as far as I can recall that wasn't the case

I have no doubt that abortion plays a huge part - but I think it runs deeper than that

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some 80s/90s abortions in Trump's past, and if that were true and revealed and proven I wouldn't expect it to decrease their support one bit

it seems to me that there is something else at play here, and I'll never understand what that something is
    Abortion was certainly the catalyst
    early 70s, evangelicals were kinda meh about abortion mostly bc Catholics were staunchly against it and they didn’t want to be associated with Catholics
    After roe v wade republicans started to see abortion (and other issues of equality) as a possible way to pull evangelicals in (remember Carter was an evangelical and they certainly weren’t all under one tent at that point)
    Reagan and moral majority/falwell realized that they did not need to cater to evangelicals as much as to give them an enemy - liberals became that target and Reagan attacked relentlessly
    But since that time no one has ever bothered to develop an actual philosophy -
    Jeb Bush and even Rubio to a degree offered ideas about what evangelicals (and Rs slightly more broadly) could stand for
    They wanted no part of that
    When Trump told them who they could and should hate, THAT is what they wanted
    But since trump has no ability to follow through on any of his agenda, he won’t be able to run the same Wall stuff (as is caravan debacle showed in the 2018 elections)
    I anticipate that he will only be able to shout LIBERAL from now until November

Today I heard something that actually surprised me from Trump....and I thought I was past that.

He said that if Microsoft completes the purchase of TikTok, the US Treasury department should get a large portion of the money. The rationale is that if Trump hadn't said he was going to ban TikTok, the sale wouldn't have happened, so the government is actually what caused the sale, so they should get a big chunk of the money.

Today I heard something that actually surprised me from Trump....and I thought I was past that.

He said that if Microsoft completes the purchase of TikTok, the US Treasury department should get a large portion of the money. The rationale is that if Trump hadn't said he was going to ban TikTok, the sale wouldn't have happened, so the government is actually what caused the sale, so they should get a big chunk of the money.

When you really think about it, it's not surprising though. He always wants his cut.

"Just remember who helped you get those TikyToks. Would be a real shame if anything should happen to your new TikTak's. Real shame."

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom