Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

Trump is pulling out all the stops to turn attention away from the Coronavirus.
    Racism is a powerfully emotional topic, it's guaranteed airtime on a subject of his choosing.
    Every minute spent talking about statues, left-wing Antifa fascists, etc is a minute not spent exposing his utter, total, criminal failure in stopping the virus.

BTW: How long did the Taliban bounties spend on Page 1?
    Yup, straight up treason takes a backseat to racism.

It’s a winning issue for racists and those self—identified non-racists who are easily stirred by cultural-war red meat. But the question is whether it’s a winning issue for the nation, or at least the electoral college.
    It was four years ago. A lot of people have been making a lot of noise, posting the right things on the internet, etc. The trick is that they actually have to wake up on election day, get in line, and vote. Apparently, it's too challenging for about 38% of eligible voters.

It was four years ago. A lot of people have been making a lot of noise, posting the right things on the internet, etc. The trick is that they actually have to wake up on election day, get in line, and vote. Apparently, it's too challenging for about 38% of eligible voters.

I don’t think Trump’s 2016 message was nearly this pointed about racial and cultural issues. There was some of it, particularly in the immigration issue, but it was far more focused on discontinuing a “corrupt / law-breaking” Democrat regime, rebalancing trade deals, and spurring manufacturing and the broader economy. I think this appealed to right and middle voters who have no interest in culture war.

His enemies were China, Islamic terrorists, illegal immigrants, and Hillary Clinton. In 2020, his enemies are what he describes as "left-wing radicals" but in reality the push for social and criminal reform is far more mainstream. He's now lumping in the likes of Nascar and the NFL as being part of this movement. (Note, however, that he hasn't attacked the Southeastern Conference or the Mississippi legislature for making the same decision that Nascar did).

I don't think his message is the same in 2020 as it was in 2016. It's far more narrow and exclusive.

Trump is going scorched-earth with his direct appeal to racism. At this point, he sees the writing on the wall and knows that outside of direct russian interference (hacking voting machines and changing votes), this is his best chance (in his mind) at winning re-election. The lies he's been telling are beginning to catch up with him and his supporters.

Covid-19 was only in the democrat led cities with large populations until it wasn't. And now you see republicans governors being forced to acknowledge a real threat. This has been and continues to be a dangerous game of follow the leader that republicans have played with the American public. Trump is trying everything to remain in office because once he's out, the charges will flow. Pardoning himself or being pardoned by pence if he resigns will not save him from state charges.

The election might seem like ages away for those of us trying to rid the country of this cancer but its flying by for trump. Each day is day closer to jail for him.

Last edited:

It's difficult to parse how much is apathy and how much is voter suppression.

Which is part of the reason why voter suppression continues to exist and to work.

Trump is going scorched-earth with his direct appeal to racism. At this point, he sees the writing on the wall and knows that outside of direct russian interference (hacking voting machines and changing votes), this is his best chance (in his mind) at winning re-election...

To this point, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he arranged/helped/did nothing to stop such direct intervention. It also wouldn't surprise me if Putin instructed his hackers to do so clumsily, so it's easily caught post-election.

Our system of government absolutely depends on the trust citizens have in our elections. If it's proven that they're rigged, what then? I'll bet Vlad would love to find out.

The whole thing different this go around is the fear mongering is not about people outside the country he is fear mongering about Americans!

I would think that should motivate who he is blaming at a much higher rate to be active election day.

The voter suppression is the only real card he has left in the deck.

I can't wait to vote and fix this problem. The only question is just how hard they make it for us.

Watching Rachel Maddow go through this new book by Trump's niece is incredible. On top of that, trump can't even challenge her on the NDA because according to her, it was based on fraudulent information. The trump name has the potential to replace Madoff and Ponzi as having perpetrated the biggest fraud in US history. Madoff may have fooled thousands and cost them billions but trump has managed to fool millions and could potentially cost us a whole country.

Watching Rachel Maddow go through this new book by Trump's niece is incredible. On top of that, trump can't even challenge her on the NDA because according to her, it was based on fraudulent information. The trump name has the potential to replace Madoff and Ponzi as having perpetrated the biggest fraud in US history. Madoff may have fooled thousands and cost them billions but trump has managed to fool millions and could potentially cost us a whole country.

This is what he has done his entire life. If you haven't already, do some research into his business life. Fraud doesn't even begin to describe it. The man will say ANYTHING he needs to say to win a situation, true or not, then backtrack it the next day after he already has his victory. He has done it for 4 decades and it still works because people want to believe that someone will not look them in the eye and lie to them. Most people won't, but Trump will do it then laugh at you behind your back as you walk away with nothing. He is a bad combination of dishonest, selfish, ignorant, and worst of all he is cruel.

Yep this book is gonna be amazing. From all the cheating like he did not take the SAT he paid someone else to take it for him. The stories of the crazy family stuff is gonna be fun.

This is the book he is most scared of it exposed how much he truly is a flake.

His enemies were China, Islamic terrorists, illegal immigrants, and Hillary Clinton.

So, with the exception of the one person listed, the difference between 2016 and 2020 is that now Donald Trump's enemies that he must conquer and destroy are fellow American citizens? That does seem to sum it up.

I don’t think Trump’s 2016 message was nearly this pointed about racial and cultural issues. There was some of it, particularly in the immigration issue, but it was far more focused on discontinuing a “corrupt / law-breaking” Democrat regime, rebalancing trade deals, and spurring manufacturing and the broader economy. I think this appealed to right and middle voters who have no interest in culture war.

His enemies were China, Islamic terrorists, illegal immigrants, and Hillary Clinton. In 2020, his enemies are what he describes as "left-wing radicals" but in reality the push for social and criminal reform is far more mainstream. He's now lumping in the likes of Nascar and the NFL as being part of this movement. (Note, however, that he hasn't attacked the Southeastern Conference or the Mississippi legislature for making the same decision that Nascar did).

I don't think his message is the same in 2020 as it was in 2016. It's far more narrow and exclusive.

So, perhaps we are agreeing but his racism, to me, was just as overt in 16 as it is in 20, at least to the targets of it in 16. See, for me, the big difference now is that instead of the message being blacks, Mexicans and Muslims bad he has added to that and anyone supporting them or their agendas bad too. It has a very n***** lover vibe to it.

What's frustrating for me is that his really overt racism to us (meaning minorities) should have been enough to disqualify him in 2016. What is that drum I always like to bang? The Chappelle quote? "Everything is funny until it happens to you." Well, I think more and more Americans are waking up each day and finding themselves, or things they identify with as targets of the President's hate. And his racism isn't so "funny" anymore. Meaning, seeing the President so openly hating and promoting hate of someone or something, within your sphere, is both a frightening, sobering and frustrating thing to have happen.

I don't believe he has ramped up his message of hate at all. He just has a larger tent and a longer list of people to hate. And I get it. Who wants to be arbitrarily attacked for simple shirt like wearing a mask, reporting on protests, peacefully protesting, supporting racing, wanting police reform, etc. I just wish it mattered enough for more Americans before they got some real skin in the game. But, c'est la vie. We're here now and let's all push back on it together.

Totally agree with FTP, but would like to add women to the list. He is virulently misogynistic and it has been obvious the whole time (at least to me). Some women turned on him early, but now even women who may have supported him can see who he is.

Totally agree with FTP, but would like to add women to the list. He is virulently misogynistic and it has been obvious the whole time (at least to me). Some women turned on him early, but now even women who may have supported him can see who he is.

I just read something the other day that said he is losing a lot of support among suburban women in particular

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom