Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

We’ll see what they say publicly
    =======================
    NEW YORK (AP) — Former Watergate sleuth Carl Bernstein took to Twitter to list the names of 21 Republican senators who he says have “repeatedly expressed contempt” for Donald Trump and his fitness to be president.

Bernstein’s post was condemned Monday by some of those involved. It was an eyebrow-raising modern twist on journalism from the former Washington Post reporter who, with partner Bob Woodward in the 1970s, penned scoops that led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon.

Bernstein said he wasn’t violating any confidentiality pledges in listing the senators. He said he learned of the politicians’ supposed private feelings through conversations with some of their colleagues, staff members, lobbyists and White House aides.

“With few exceptions, their craven public silence has helped enable Trump’s most grievous conduct — including undermining and discrediting the U.S. electoral system,” he tweeted late Sunday.........

We’ll see what they say publicly
    =======================
    NEW YORK (AP) — Former Watergate sleuth Carl Bernstein took to Twitter to list the names of 21 Republican senators who he says have “repeatedly expressed contempt” for Donald Trump and his fitness to be president.

Bernstein’s post was condemned Monday by some of those involved. It was an eyebrow-raising modern twist on journalism from the former Washington Post reporter who, with partner Bob Woodward in the 1970s, penned scoops that led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon.

Bernstein said he wasn’t violating any confidentiality pledges in listing the senators. He said he learned of the politicians’ supposed private feelings through conversations with some of their colleagues, staff members, lobbyists and White House aides.

“With few exceptions, their craven public silence has helped enable Trump’s most grievous conduct — including undermining and discrediting the U.S. electoral system,” he tweeted late Sunday.........

Yeah I saw that too. It’s going to be hard for them to claim their “private” contempt for Trump when they refused to ever censure him publicly. I’m not saying they had to impeach him, but they literally said nothing or almost nothing for four years.

Yeah I saw that too. It’s going to be hard for them to claim their “private” contempt for Trump when they refused to ever censure him publicly. I’m not saying they had to impeach him, but they literally said nothing or almost nothing for four years.

This is what bugs me the most. I can understand not wanting to impeach, but to say almost nothing and being unwilling to censure Trump for bad behavior is just gutless. You're a public official. You don't get to have private feelings about a misbehaving public official. Cowards.

So in other words...

bagdad-bob.jpg

Just keep sending money.

So Trump going off again this morning. I'm firmly convinced that 95% of it is for fund-raising. As long as the MAGAs keep sending him money, he's going to keep up "the fight".

He's now re-tweeting Randy Quaid (a known source of rational analysis):

So Trump going off again this morning. I'm firmly convinced that 95% of it is for fund-raising. As long as the MAGAs keep sending him money, he's going to keep up "the fight".

Clearly, he's gonna keep raking in that cash until he leaves office. Heck, he'll keep raking it in after he leaves. People are gullible with their money i guess.

This is what bugs me the most. I can understand not wanting to impeach, but to say almost nothing and being unwilling to censure Trump for bad behavior is just gutless. You're a public official. You don't get to have private feelings about a misbehaving public official. Cowards.

I have a real disdain for people like Susan Collins, that (in my opinion) express "doubt" and "concern" about some things Trump has done, but when it comes down to it, votes right along with how all the other (R) do. And then follows up with "I'm sure he has learned his lesson this time". Yeah, no.

I have a real disdain for people like Susan Collins, that (in my opinion) express "doubt" and "concern" about some things Trump has done, but when it comes down to it, votes right along with how all the other (R) do. And then follows up with "I'm sure he has learned his lesson this time". Yeah, no.

Same here, was really disappointed that she kept her seat....spineless tool...

I actually think so too. He *IS* a conman after all. And all this bellowing is going to rake in more $$$ from his pissed off followers:
    (I posted this a while back)

The unusual way the Trump campaign is divvying up the contributions has drawn scrutiny from election watchdogs, who say Trump and his family are poised to financially benefit from the arrangement.

“This is a slush fund. That’s the bottom line,” said Paul S. Ryan, a longtime campaign finance attorney with the good government group Common Cause. “Trump may just continue to string out this meritless litigation in order to fleece his own supporters of their money and use it in the coming years to pad his own lifestyle while teasing a 2024 candidacy.”

(and)

The fine print makes clear most of the money will go to other priorities.

A large portion of the money goes to “Save America,” a Trump leadership PAC, or political action committee, set up on Monday, and the Republican National Committee (RNC). Under Federal Election Commission rules, both groups have broad leeway in how they can use the funds.

Last edited:
    I actually think so to. He *IS* a conman after all. And all this bellowing is going to rake in more $$$ from his pissed off followers:
    (I posted this a while back)

The unusual way the Trump campaign is divvying up the contributions has drawn scrutiny from election watchdogs, who say Trump and his family are poised to financially benefit from the arrangement.

“This is a slush fund. That’s the bottom line,” said Paul S. Ryan, a longtime campaign finance attorney with the good government group Common Cause. “Trump may just continue to string out this meritless litigation in order to fleece his own supporters of their money and use it in the coming years to pad his own lifestyle while teasing a 2024 candidacy.”

(and)

The fine print makes clear most of the money will go to other priorities.

A large portion of the money goes to “Save America,” a Trump leadership PAC, or political action committee, set up on Monday, and the Republican National Committee (RNC). Under Federal Election Commission rules, both groups have broad leeway in how they can use the funds.

Today they upped the percentage from 60% to 75%. So now 75% of funds raised to "fight the election result" are now available for the PAC.

This is nuts.

If the PAC were harmless, I'd laugh that he's fleecing people who would just send their money to a televangelist. However, I don't think that the PAC is harmless. I'm sure that it is going to be used to seed discord and further divide our country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom