Trump Pardon Tracker (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Seems like we might need a thread for this.

Granted: Michael Flynn (pardoned for 'any and all possible offenses' arising from or related to the criminal case against him and anything within the scope of the Mueller investigation).

Damn, y'all. You seent this?

How would a pardon for federal crimes here have any effect on something that happened in Saudi Arabia?

If had to wager, I'm guessing that [Mod edit :nono: "Drumpf" is a partisan trigger. Read and mind the MCB rules. And others here seem to need to read them also either for the first time or as a refresher - Andrus] Trump may be eyeing SA as a potential destination to flee to besides Russia, and this may be another way to help his chances of them taking him in, since I think neither Russia nor SA have extradition agreements w/ the US...

Last edited by a moderator:
    And they've begun... included are 4 Blackwater contractors who murdered 17 Iraqi citizens and 2 border patrol agents who shot an unarmed undocumented immigrant. Yay us...

And they've begun... included are 4 Blackwater contractors who murdered 17 Iraqi citizens and 2 border patrol agents who shot an unarmed undocumented immigrant. Yay us...
    Of course, trump loves him some war criminals and corrupt Republican politicians, they're part of his base.

I read about those Blackwater guys who were pardoned, they’re sickening. One guy wouldn’t stop shooting civilians until one of his own group pulled a gun on him. One of his last shots killed a woman holding a baby. Disgusting.

I read about those Blackwater guys who were pardoned, they’re sickening. One guy wouldn’t stop shooting civilians until one of his own group pulled a gun on him. One of his last shots killed a woman holding a baby. Disgusting.

Just remeber who Blackwater owner is and related to.

That is appalling.

So next up for pardons are Manafort, Roger Stone and Charles Kushner. Trump is on a roll.

Damn, y'all. You seent this?

How would a pardon for federal crimes here have any effect on something that happened in Saudi Arabia?

This wouldn’t be a pardon like the criminal ones Trump is dishing out to his buddies. It’s more like a “civil” pardon, if there were such a thing.

MBS is seeking a declaration by Trump’s DOJ that “sovereign immunity” protects him from a civil lawsuit filed in the US federal court system by a former member of his intelligence unit. Such a declaration would probably also protect MBS in other civil suits, including any federal suits that were filed in connection with MBS’ murder of Jamal Khashoggi. In a vacuum, it isn’t a particularly outrageous or unusual legal request by MBS; but as always with Trump and countries where he has business interests like Saudi Arabia, the context is important here.

Allowing MBS to remain a defendant in a civil suit to answer for his atrocities is just one of many avenues the Trump administration could use to address his behavior. Thus far, Trump has done nothing to hold him responsible, and rather has publicly cast doubt on MBS’ involvement while everyone else in the international community agrees he ordered the murder (quintessential Trump, as we’ve come to learn). So, it’s hard for me to imagine Trump not granting MBS’ request for sovereign immunity — he’d certainly pardon him if it were a criminal matter being investigated in the US. It would be yet another gesture to MBS that Trump will do anything to stay in his good graces.

It’s worth taking a step back and broadly keeping an eye on what else Trump does in the Middle East in the waning days of his presidency. There are certain to be many more favors for MBS, Netanyahu, and others. It is as inevitable as him granting all these atrocious corrupt pardons. The GOP forever owns the ugliness that’s unfolding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom