Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

Yep, have a neighbor exactly like that. She reads Gateway Pundit religiously and thinks everything they write and post on that site is gospel truth.

I have a friend who is so far gone it's sad. When one of the house committees was debating something, he told me that the reason Nancy Pelosi wasn't there was because she was arrested for treason. She had sold military secrets to Italy, and the proof was on her laptop that was stolen during the insurrection. When Nancy appeared that evening to lead the debate on the impeachment article, he told me that it was a pre-recorded video so that no one would be aware that she had been arrested. He's also told us about how Trump is still actually president. Then the fun stuff started. Trump, Putin, and someone from India have a plan that is going to send troops into China (they are already there) to get rid of the communists in China, then they are going to take back the gold from the Vatican.

I have a friend who is so far gone it's sad. When one of the house committees was debating something, he told me that the reason Nancy Pelosi wasn't there was because she was arrested for treason. She had sold military secrets to Italy, and the proof was on her laptop that was stolen during the insurrection. When Nancy appeared that evening to lead the debate on the impeachment article, he told me that it was a pre-recorded video so that no one would be aware that she had been arrested. He's also told us about how Trump is still actually president. Then the fun stuff started. Trump, Putin, and someone from India have a plan that is going to send troops into China (they are already there) to get rid of the communists in China, then they are going to take back the gold from the Vatican.

Warms your heart to know that his vote counts the same as yours doesn't it?

Anyone else hear/read that the only thing that Trump didn't like about the riot at the Capitol was that the people rioting were low class or something along those lines? (Can't remember if it was an article or a podcast...)

Anyone else hear/read that the only thing that Trump didn't like about the riot at the Capitol was that the people rioting were low class or something along those lines? (Can't remember if it was an article or a podcast...)
    Here you go...

Very interesting article
    =================
    As rioters made their way through the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, some went looking for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. New footage of this was released at Wednesday’s session of the impeachment trial.

The mob roamed hallways, searching for her office, and as they did, they called for her. “Oh Nancy,” one man cried out, three syllables ricocheting off the walls.

“Oh Naaaaaaancy.”
If you cannot stomach reading an entire column about three syllables, you should stop here.
Oh Naaaaaaancy is a very specific scene from a horror movie.

Oh Nancy is what the protagonist hears when she is hiding in a parking garage, or in a stairwell, or crouched under her desk, or pressed flat on the ground in a damp cornfield. Her terror is played out for entertainment, whether that means a narrow escape or a bloody death.

Oh Naaaaaaancy is said in a singsongy voice. It is the same voice that a child would use to say, Come out, come out, wherever you arrrrre in a backyard game of hide-and-seek tag. It is playful. It is sinister.

It says, I am planning to take my time, and it will not be pleasant, and it will not end well for you. The men looking for Pelosi in the Capitol were strolling, not running.

The “Nancy” part is intentional. Footage shows us that the rioters were also looking for male lawmakers; they were looking for Vice President Mike Pence.

They referred to him as “Pence,” not “Mike.” They yelled his name instead of cooing it. They wanted to show they were angry with him. Her? They wanted to show she was their toy.........

I don't know about you but I like my insurrectionists clean-shaven and gaudy. Gives the treason that necessary level of je ne sais quoi.

Like this? ;)
    1613071268068.png

I don't know about you but I like my insurrectionists clean-shaven and gaudy. Gives the treason that necessary level of je ne sais quoi.

I'm sure Trump was telling them "you're all beautiful! Let's fight like hell!" then now he's saying they're chumps and not his people. He can't have it both ways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom