Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

I couldn't imagine having the authorities show up at my house based on something posted on a website.

Let me see if i understand some stuff. I may be way off. Trump wants big Tech 230 repealed so they can be sued and be held accountable for stuff people post on their sites. So, by holding them accountable, you would want them to remove stuff that is false information, threats, etc. But in return, he gets mad when they are taken off the sites for false information and threats?

Parlor is full of threats and false information, takes zero effort to remove it, gets mad when other big techs remove them from apps stores and servers.. I feel like i'm watching an episode of You Can't do that on Television Introduction to the Opposites...

From the comments:

20210113_155821.jpg

They do. Full time.
    Its capitol police. Senior leadership in both houses has it (speaker,whip, leader). Don’t you remember Francis in House if Cards had a security detail and he brought his guy with him to the SS when he became president.
    CNN also reported it the other day too.

Good overview article about how the capitol siege happened and why it failed and why it was a coup
    ==============

Since last Wednesday, people have been arguing what to call what happened at the U.S. Capitol — was it a riot? An uprising? An insurrection?

I’ve been public in calling it a coup, but others disagree. Some have said it’s not a coup because the U.S. military and other armed groups weren’t involved, and some because Donald Trump didn’t invoke his presidential powers in support of the mob that broke into the Capitol.

Others point out that no one has claimed or proved there was a secret plan directed by the president, and that Trump’s efforts to overturn the outcome of the 2020 presidential election could never have succeeded in the first place.

These observations are based on the idea that a coup is a sudden, violent seizure of power involving clandestine plots and military takeovers.

By contrast, Trump’s goal was to keep himself in power, and his actions were taken over a period of months and in slow motion.......

Let me see if i understand some stuff. I may be way off. Trump wants big Tech 230 repealed so they can be sued and be held accountable for stuff people post on their sites. So, by holding them accountable, you would want them to remove stuff that is false information, threats, etc. But in return, he gets mad when they are taken off the sites for false information and threats?

Parlor is full of threats and false information, takes zero effort to remove it, gets mad when other big techs remove them from apps stores and servers.. I feel like i'm watching an episode of You Can't do that on Television Introduction to the Opposites...

Because Trump thinks it's the literal opposite of what it is.

If there are logs, what is the likelihood they still exist? I fully expect for them to disappear if any of those individuals on those tours were at the Capitol on 6 Jan.

Anything electronic that you can't skip will still be there. If there are voluntary handwritten logs, I would doubt there were used. If I had to guess, [hypothetical] the Senators who granted access to the planners knew how to get them in the building and get a look around without engaging guards at any noticeable level. Now the cameras on the other hand...

Of course, we can probably also apply Hanlon's Razor to the same scenario. They either thought they wouldn't get caught, or didn't care because their bold act of patriotism terror would succeed.

okay, I have looked further into the photo, thanks to a tip from another poster and it was from July.

I shouldn’t have posted it before I verified, sorry!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom