Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

Yeah, definitely looks like a fake page, state.gov doesn't list a bio for trump.

Fooled my phone .

1610395826928.png

saw this a little while ago, maybe it was the dramatic music but it moved me

Two references to Kristallnacht in 2 days

I think Arnold's is more accurate

Fox is going to Fox
    ================================

Fox News host Jeanine Pirro compared tech companies dropping Parler from their cloud services to the Kristallnacht Nazi pogrom on Monday morning on "Fox & Friends."

Following the deadly attempted coup last week, Pirro's comments came as Apple, Amazon, Google and other companies pulled their business relationships with the social media app many Trump supporters flocked to as an alternative to Twitter.

"Well look, they gave us a taste of this pre-election when they suppressed the Hunter Biden story," Pirro said, referring to when Twitter limited the circulation of an error-laden New York Post story linked to a Russian disinformation campaign ahead of the 2020 election.

"And now that they've won, what we're seeing is the kind of censorship that is akin to a Kristallnacht, where they decide what we can communicate about," Pirro said.......

Fox News host Jeanine Pirro calls Parler backlash 'akin to a Kristallnacht' days after the deadly attempted coup on Capitol Hill (msn.com)

the state.gov is not a fake page, that is actually hosted on their website. However, it's likely a server admin playing a prank, and they'll probably be losing their job soon.

That's a little bizarre. The page seems real (the website and links are all consistent with the state.gov website). My guess is they're working on updating the page?

For what it's worth, when I hit the link it reads "Donald J. Trump's term ended on 2021-01-11 19:49:07."

Maybe I’m not following but if you open a biography from the link you posted, then swap in “donald-j-trump/“ over the name, it opens the page in question. So it’s on the actual State.gov site, right?

Yes, but it's most likely a "hidden page" meaning it's probably a web admin or someone like that who put it up there as a joke and shared it with their friends, and now they're probably going to be out of a job.

Maybe I’m not following but if you open a biography from the link you posted, then swap in “donald-j-trump/“ over the name, it opens the page in question. So it’s on the actual State.gov site, right?
    Yeah, but you can't get there following any links which tells me that the djt page has been added in there some how. In addition, everyone else's bio's has pertinent information along with staff photos, the trump one has nothing other than that weird time stamp.

Yeah, but you can't get there following any links which tells me that the djt page has been added in there some how. In addition, everyone else's bio's has pertinent information along with staff photos, the trump one has nothing other than that weird time stamp.

Got it. I was thinking the implication was the page was spoofing the address somehow, and was occurring offsite.

Twitter went nuts over that. As if that would not be the way a Trump resignation was announced.

“Should we hold a press conference?”

“Nah, just change the date of his page on the State Department website. People will figure it out.”

Last edited:
    She's a psychologist, we are doomed.

Rainey, 30, is assigned to the 4th Psychological Operations Group at Fort Bragg, according to Maj. Daniel Lessard, a spokesman for 1st Special Forces Command. Known as PSYOPS, the group uses information and misinformation to shape the emotions, decision-making and actions of American adversaries.

Rainey made headlines back in May after she posted a video online of her pulling down caution tape at a playground that was closed under North Carolina's COVID-19 restrictions.

Police in Southern Pines, a community about 30 miles west of Fort Bragg, charged her with injury to personal property over the incident. The police told WRAL-TV that they let her off with warnings twice before after she tore down the tape closing off the playground.

How stupid is this...

A Defense official told CBS News the Army is investigating how many soldiers from Fort Bragg accompanied Rainey to Washington. Rainey had resigned her commission after receiving a career-ending letter of reprimand for her actions at an earlier protest in the Fort Bragg area, Martin reports.

Because the process takes time, Rainey was still on active duty when she led a group of protestors to Washington and is due to leave the Army next month. Officials at Fort Bragg are now working to determine what other soldiers went to Washington and whether they were part of the mob that stormed the Capitol, Martin reports.

She was basically fired and yet they kept her on ACTIVE DUTY - A Psy OPS??

How stupid is this...

She was basically fired and yet they kept her on ACTIVE DUTY - A Psy OPS??
    She wasn't fired, she got a LOR and that report of it being a career ending is just more media sensationalism. Now, had she received an Article 15 (non-judicial punishment) as an officer, that would have ended any chance for promotion.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom