Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

Because you ask for a link of an outdated law. Websites are updated. I don't know if there is a site in which all versions of all laws are archived and you can search by date. What about an article that describes exactly what I said about Comey changing the wording? I could probably find that for you. I understand you don't want to go by my memory.

EDIT: Here it is, your choice to accept it or not.

An early draft of former FBI Director James Comey’s statement closing out the Hillary Clinton email case accused the former secretary of State of having been “grossly negligent” in handling classified information, newly reported memos to Congress show.

The tough language was changed to the much softer accusation that Clinton had been “extremely careless” in her handling of classified information when Comey announced in July 2016 there would be no charges against her.

The change is significant, since federal law states that gross negligence in handling the nation’s intelligence can be punished criminally with prison time or fines.

{mosads}Spokesmen for the FBI and Clinton did not immediately return phone calls or emails seeking comment.

The draft, written weeks before the announcement of no charges, was described by multiple sources who saw the document both before and after it was sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee this past weekend.

“There is evidence to support a conclusion that Secretary Clinton, and others, used the email server in a manner that was grossly negligent with respect to the handling of classified information,” reads the statement, one of Comey’s earliest drafts from May 2, 2016.
    So anonymous sources in Congress say they saw an early draft that was changed? Okay…..

You forgot to highlight this point

"And even the Annonymous sources stated "While Comey told Congress last year that he would never have prosecuted Clinton without proof she intended to violate a law, "

Trump willfully broke the law and knew it which the recorded tape prove without any shadow of doubt!

And there goes the white flag of reasoned discussion. I assure you Trump is not laughing at this indictment. The laughter you here from him is at the people, like yourself, giving him money and/ or supporting him as he lies openly and outlandishly.

He knows that no matter what ridiculous lies he tells, he has loyal subjucts like Snarky Sack who will twist and contort logic in a feable attempt to defend his actions.

He knows he has you and he knows that you won't leave much the same way a pimp knows his workers won't leave. He's all you have. Pimpin ain't easy but damn if Trump hasn't made it look easy as he is now pimp to over 40% of this country.
    I only have a few days left on this board. I don't think I'll spend them seeing fact, and argument free posts such as that, which not only have personal attacks but are nothing but personal attacks. You used to be better than this.

Buh-bye!

Last edited:
    You are correct. But I don’t really think it’s 40%. Closer to 25-30% if I had to guess.
    This is what I mean about lefties correcting each other, cuddlemonkey.
    The sad thing is that they’re so fanatical and so loud they make themselves seem more numerous than they actually are. Now don’t get me wrong - 25-30% is just terrible.
    Yeah, Saintamaniac! You were wrong, wrong, wrong! NYAAAH!
    It speaks to our dire straits as a representative republic to have so many citizens who lack the ability to reason.

His response is like a parody, really. It’s an appeal to emotion - not a sensible response at all.
    Trump might have lost a big chunk of his base when by the end of his first term, he had failed to build the wall, and having allowed that lying piece of shirt Fauci to con the nation into giving up our economy, while covering up his own culpability in the COVID pandemic, and having failed to get our troops out of Afghanistan.

After his election loss, his constituents may well have gone over to DeSantis, who is actually doing much of what Trump promised. But the DOJ/FBI/DNC just couldn't . . . let . . . it . . . go (common theme here). They were enraged that they got caught in prosecutorial misconduct in the fake Russia Collusion Operation, and had to do something to get even. So they came up with the Mar-a-Lago sub-operation and converted it into "We'll STOP it," 2.0.

That galvanized Trump's base and ensured that he will be the GOP nominee. You all would better spend your time and energy trying to come up with some plausible reason people should vote for Biden. Hint: his handlers will probably tell him to secure the border right before the election. Temporarily, of course.

What's wrong with that? Sometimes I'm wrong or have the wrong information and I'd rather be corrected than continue to be wrong. I guess prideful people would rather be wrong than corrected. I learn something new every day, or at least try to.
    :shrug:
    Trump might have lost a big chunk of his base when by the end of his first term, he had failed to build the wall, and having allowed that lying piece of shirt Fauci to con the nation into giving up our economy, while covering up his own culpability in the COVID pandemic, and having failed to get our troops out of Afghanistan.
    Nope. He never lost his base. They've always supported him, and still do. What he did lose were moderate Republicans and independent voters which is precisely why he lost the election.
    After his election loss, his constituents may well have gone over to DeSantis, who is actually doing much of what Trump promised. But the DOJ/FBI/DNC just couldn't . . . let . . . it . . . go (common theme here). They were enraged that they got caught in prosecutorial misconduct in the fake Russia Collusion Operation, and had to do something to get even. So they came up with the Mar-a-Lago sub-operation and converted it into "We'll STOP it," 2.0.
    Eh, the same people who voted for him are the same people who still support him for the most part. The independents and casual moderates are looking at DeSantis.
    That galvanized Trump's base and ensured that he will be the GOP nominee. You all would better spend your time and energy trying to come up with some plausible reason people should vote for Biden. Hint: his handlers will probably tell him to secure the border right before the election. Temporarily, of course.
    I'd rather him focus on continuing support for Ukraine, keeping the economy on track and respond to the Court's recent decisions. Border security is important, but it's not like people are being willy-nilly let in. There's still a process to get into the country, and many are caught and sent back to their home country. But, that's just my subjective opinion.

Deleted the talking points.
    Eh, the same people who voted for him are the same people who still support him for the most part. The independents and casual moderates are looking at DeSantis.
    What is your evidence that moderates are looking at DeSantis? Have you seen his latest Trump-bashing ad? He is positioning himself as far more radical than Trump. Here he talks about the same things that I said could have cost Trump his base, if not for the DOJ/FBI malfeasance:

Deleted the talking points.

What is your evidence that moderates are looking at DeSantis? Have you seen his latest Trump-bashing ad? He is positioning himself as far more radical than Trump. Here he talks about the same things that I said could have cost Trump his base, if not for the DOJ/FBI malfeasance:

I could be wrong, but the way I think, Trump already has a stranglehold on the far right wing of the party. They're not going to abandon Trump.

DeSantis and his campaign team are making a critical mistake by going after Trumpers. He's simply not going to get those voters. Instead of running to the right of Trump, he should be targeting moderate and independent voters who don't feel obligated to support Trump.

And DeSantis is going the wrong direction as he's losing ground to Trump, going from 28% to 22%.

Trump's legal issues certainly do hurt, but DeSantis is a terrible candidate and his campaign team has made some pretty glaring strategic blunders.

I think DeSantis will get absolutely run over by Trump in a debate.

I could be wrong, but the way I think, Trump already has a stranglehold on the far right wing of the party. They're not going to abandon Trump.

DeSantis and his campaign team are making a critical mistake by going after Trumpers. He's simply not going to get those voters. Instead of running to the right of Trump, he should be targeting moderate and independent voters who don't feel obligated to support Trump.

And DeSantis is going the wrong direction as he's losing ground to Trump, going from 28% to 22%.

Trump's legal issues certainly do hurt, but DeSantis is a terrible candidate and his campaign team has made some pretty glaring strategic blunders.

I think DeSantis will get absolutely run over by Trump in a debate.
    DeSantis is a good governor, but a bad campaigner. I think he goes to far with some of his policies, but at least he walks the walk that matches the talk. Positioning himself as a moderate would throw away all the support he has gotten by implementing his more radical policies. But I don't think it would gain any moderate voters. They have Chris Christie, and Asa Hutchinson, they don't need a suddenly "reformed" DeSantis.

He might get the independents, though. If they agree with Trump's policies, as nearly all Republicans do,* and are not yet Trump supporters, it is likely due to Trump's baggage. So maybe they would go with DeSantis.

DeSantis is a good governor, but a bad campaigner. I think he goes to far with some of his policies, but at least he walks the walk that matches the talk. Positioning himself as a moderate would throw away all the support he has gotten by implementing his more radical policies. But I don't think it would gain any moderate voters. They have Chris Christie, and Asa Hutchinson, they don't need a suddenly "reformed" DeSantis.

He might get the independents, though. If they agree with Trump's policies, as nearly all Republicans do,* and are not yet Trump supporters, it is likely due to Trump's baggage. So maybe they would go with DeSantis.
    DeSantis definitely has his own baggage. Certainly not near as much as Trump, but it's significant enough.

I don't think he's a good governor at all, but we'll disagree on that. I still think it's a bad campaign strategy to try and peel off Trump voters. The juice isn't worth the squeeze there.

I really don't think DeSantis numbers are going to get any better. He's going to get exposed in the debates and I think a lot of his supporters are gonna switch to someone else after the first debate.

I only have a few days left on this board. I don't think I'll spend them seeing fact, and argument free posts such as that, which not only have personal attacks but are nothing but personal attacks. You used to be better than this.

Buh-bye!
    Good. Your lies, obfuscation and willful ignorance will not be missed. You see personal attacks where you want to see them. Buh-bye? No, good riddance.

DeSantis definitely has his own baggage. Certainly not near as much as Trump, but it's significant enough.

I don't think he's a good governor at all, but we'll disagree on that. I still think it's a bad campaign strategy to try and peel off Trump voters. The juice isn't worth the squeeze there.

I really don't think DeSantis numbers are going to get any better. He's going to get exposed in the debates and I think a lot of his supporters are gonna switch to someone else after the first debate.
    I agree with most of that.

Interesting take about the debates. I agree that DeSantis will not do well in them. But the conventional wisdom is that a challenger who is far behind the frontrunner benefits from a debate that levels the playing field, if only for a couple of hours, so DeSantis will debate if Trump will.

Curious as to why you think DeSantis will do badly?

Interesting take about the debates. I agree that DeSantis will not do well in them. But the conventional wisdom is that a challenger who is far behind the frontrunner benefits from a debate that levels the playing field, if only for a couple of hours, so DeSantis will debate if Trump will.

Imo inability to deal with Trump and look strong on the debate stage paired with lack of personality will probably be apparent.

My hunch is he'll be cornered and pushed to respond to his administration's decisions, particularly their apparent double standards regarding voting enforcement and how he's handled the controversy with Disney, how they handled the pandemic, i.e. stopping people coming into Florida and the rift between NY and Florida, among other things.

I think he's gonna have a tough time answering those questions.

My hunch is he'll be cornered and pushed to respond to his administration's decisions, particularly their apparent double standards regarding voting enforcement and how he's handled the controversy with Disney, how they handled the pandemic, i.e. stopping people coming into Florida and the rift between NY and Florida, among other things.

I think he's gonna have a tough time answering those questions.
    So you see his problems in the debate coming at the hands of the moderators? You are probably right. I hadn't even thought of that. Good to get a different take on things.

I was thinking that Trump himself would be DeSantis downfall at the debate. I know we only see from the media the worst possible sound bites and tweets from Trump. But when he has time to get out more than one or two sentences, he comes off as reasonable, but very firm in bringing the receipts about his opponents. Did you see his CNN Townhall? There's a reason why the rest of the media, and even many at CNN, were pissed that he got a platform. Because he did so well.

I predict that will be the main bone of contention about the debates: Whether to have them, and/or how to somehow keep the frontrunner out of them. If the Republicans use their loyalty pledge demand to keep Trump out, they will likely crash and burn on the down ticket elections in the general. Trump voters will say, "I'm voting for Trump, but not those RINO congressmen and senators." I hope they re-think that one.

So you see his problems in the debate coming at the hands of the moderators? You are probably right. I hadn't even thought of that. Good to get a different take on things.

I was thinking that Trump himself would be DeSantis downfall at the debate. I know we only see from the media the worst possible sound bites and tweets from Trump. But when he has time to get out more than one or two sentences, he comes off as reasonable, but very firm in bringing the receipts about his opponents. Did you see his CNN Townhall? There's a reason why the rest of the media, and even many at CNN, were pissed that he got a platform. Because he did so well.

I predict that will be the main bone of contention about the debates: Whether to have them, and/or how to somehow keep the frontrunner out of them. If the Republicans use their loyalty pledge demand to keep Trump out, they will likely crash and burn on the down ticket elections in the general. Trump voters will say, "I'm voting for Trump, but not those RINO congressmen and senators." I hope they re-think that one.
    I was more bothered by the Trump town hall than DeSantis tbh. So disrespectful to Kaitlan Collins. At least DeSantis was a bit more of a gentleman.

Actually think it will be both the moderators and the other candidates questioning him. I suspect Christie will throw some haymakers at him. This would be right in Christie's wheelhouse. If Trump does debate, I think he'll go scorched earth on DeSantis.

As for Trump, he's already on record questioning why he even needs to debate with his large lead. I might feel like he has nothing to gain by doing them, so I suspect the other candidates are going to complain about him sitting out.

I was more bothered by the Trump town hall than DeSantis tbh. So disrespectful to Kaitlan Collins. At least DeSantis was a bit more of a gentleman.
    I didn't even know that DeSantis had a town hall. For all their hatred for Trump, it is the media that created him and continues to keep him in the public eye.
    Actually think it will be both the moderators and the other candidates questioning him. I suspect Christie will throw some haymakers at him. This would be right in Christie's wheelhouse. If Trump does debate, I think he'll go scorched earth on DeSantis.
    Interesting. What will be the substance of Christie's line of questioning?
    As for Trump, he's already on record questioning why he even needs to debate with his large lead. I might feel like he has nothing to gain by doing them, so I suspect the other candidates are going to complain about him sitting out.
    I think he would probably love to be kept out of the debate. He could claim martyrdom and distance himself from the establishment GOP even further.

Then he could have his own event, in which he lays out his plan for his second term, without once mentioning his opponents. Not just him at a podium, maybe his own self-produced townhall, or talk with some hosts of the one-episode show. Get some interesting people, like the cast of Gutfeld, that will keep things entertaining.

If he airs that during the GOP debate, he will murder them in the ratings. That would be comedy gold.

I didn't even know that DeSantis had a town hall. For all their hatred for Trump, it is the media that created him and continues to keep him in the public eye.
    Meant compared DeSantis previous interviews. While I think the media has kept Trump in the public eye for years, Trump is still the same Trump he always has been.
    Interesting. What will be the substance of Christie's line of questioning?
    I think Christie is going to ask tough questions and not let DeSantis weasel his way out of a direct answer. We'll see I guess.
    I think he would probably love to be kept out of the debate. He could claim martyrdom and distance himself from the establishment GOP even further.
    Sure, but that doesn't appear to be his approach at the moment.
    Then he could have his own event, in which he lays out his plan for his second term, without once mentioning his opponents. Not just him at a podium, maybe his own self-produced townhall, or talk with some hosts of the one-episode show. Get some interesting people, like the cast of Gutfeld, that will keep things entertaining.
    I suppose he could do that. Don't think he'll gain any new voters that way. I guess status quo is enough to win at this point.
    If he airs that during the GOP debate, he will murder them in the ratings. That would be comedy gold.
    Maybe, but I won't be watching Trump.

This is nothing but Trump fan fiction. Fact free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom