Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

1000005611.gif

She’s not wrong. Smith was improperly appointed. Federal prosecutors require presidential appointment and senate approval or congressional law appointments. The independent council law expired in 1999.

And DOJ special council regulations were written by the DOJ. Not congress.

She’s not wrong. Smith was improperly appointed. Federal prosecutors require presidential appointment and senate approval or congressional law appointments. The independent council law expired in 1999.

And DOJ special council regulations were written by the DOJ. Not congress.
    Dude, no. We've been over this again and again. Lol. Regardless, I'm not too worried. We've got all this on record. This decision, if it holds, essentially puts the Hunter Biden case in legal jeopardy.

Yes, absolutely. I'm sure they're already working on it.
    And I would imagine this is just the needed ammo the 11th Circuit needs to remove her.

But I remember saying in the immunity thread that Thomas was signaling to her to dismiss the case in his concurrent opinion. And she did just that.

It was the greatest threat because it was the case with the most obvious criminal conduct by Trump. But yay, the prosecutor wasn't properly appointed! Let's celebrate lawbreaking by the man who swore an oath on the Bible to uphold the law.
    And Biden got a pass on his classified documents case. Pence as well. Hillary too. You can't just pick and choose who you will prosecute for withholding classified information based on who the DOJ doesn't like.

And I would imagine this is just the needed ammo the 11th Circuit needs to remove her.

But I remember saying in the immunity thread that Thomas was signaling to her to dismiss the case in his concurrent opinion. And she did just that.

I doubt it is grounds to remove her - the Trump brief was co-authored by a former US Attorney General and likely has Supreme Court support to at least some degree. It's one of those wonky, mechanical arguments about how the federal government is set up. Even if the 11th Circuit reverses and the Court denies cert, there's enough substance there that makes it hard to realistically remove her.

Albeit, I haven't read the briefing on it, only summaries. Need to pull the filings.

And Biden got a pass on his classified documents case. Pence as well. Hillary too. You can't just pick and choose who you will prosecute for withholding classified information based on who the DOJ doesn't like.

Just stop. We have gone over and over and over and over about how Trump's conduct was very different, and very much in violation of the law in a way that does not warrant "a pass". It's not some hyper-technical, strict application of the documents rules that have him in criminal jeopardy. It's the way he flaunted them, ignored formal requests, and instructed obstruction that made this such "a threat" to him.

Just stop. We have gone over and over and over and over about how Trump's conduct was very different, and very much in violation of the law in a way that does not warrant "a pass". It's not some hyper-technical, strict application of the documents rules that have him in criminal jeopardy. It's the way he flaunted them, ignored formal requests, and instructed obstruction that made this such "a threat" to him.
    Ok and Hillary totally cooperated in her case?

Judge Canon has issued a ruling that the special counsel appointment violates the constitution and has dismissed the documents case against Trump.

Have you ever wondered why the special counsel didn't fight her assignment to this case?

She just did what he likely wanted her to do. She exposed her guilt.

That case was never going to trial in front of a select jury of his peers.

It's pretrial procedures went to trial in front of all of the American People, in front of the entire word, and now that's completed, she's plead guilty.

It was fully finished before the election as well. The naysayers thought it couldn't be done.

It was the greatest threat because it was the case with the most obvious criminal conduct by Trump. But yay, the prosecutor wasn't properly appointed! Let's celebrate lawbreaking by the man who swore an oath on the Bible to uphold the law.
    Yes, it went to trial in front the the entire population of America. A very unusual trial.

It's unusual to try a sitting judge in their own courtroom.

Well, they didn’t.
    —Biden returned the documents upon discovery. He did not “willfully retain them.”
    —Pence returned the documents upon discovery. He did not “willfully retain” them.
    —Trump refused to return the documents. Hid them from investigators. Lied to the courts about having them. He DID “willfully retain” them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom