Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case )

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

I don’t know if it’s fraud, and I know way less than you about this, but reporters were writing that the bond was worded abnormally. 🤷‍♀️

bond language is pretty standard.

This wasnt abnormal and not how i would describe it. It was abnormal at best and purposefully worded at worst ( knowingly worded that way )

I dont know of any of my carriers that issue "manuscripted" bonds ( meaning they deviate from standard bond language and create their own ) and i certainly dont know of any bond obligee that would even accept a "manuscripted" bond.

Which is why i circle back to the possibility of fraud. There is no way that anyone at that company that was involved with/underwriting that bond didnt know they were changing the verbiage to protect themselves from the obligation. In other words, it wasnt a simple "clerical mistake"

That much i am certain of.

Then, by definition, that isnt a surety bond.

Im curious to see if this attempt is considered fraud.
    Right? That's what the article stated. It's as if he's guaranteeing the payment himself.

From the same article, they concluded that it'll result in more litigation as the bond company can dispute the payment. Basically dragging out the process.

Right? That's what the article stated. It's as if he's guaranteeing the payment himself.

From the same article, they concluded that it'll result in more litigation as the bond company can dispute the payment. Basically dragging out the process.
    It seems to me that this is a case of less smart people having the hubris to think they are smarter than people who are actually smarter than the less smart people.

Trump and his would be surety bond team seem to think they are smarter than the people in the NY legal system and could slide a fast one by the people in the NY legals system. Trump and his would be surety bond team effed around, I look forward to them finding out.

Last edited:
    By the time the 6 month window opens that stock will be next to worthless.

But they made their haul during the IPO. I'm sure that $ was moved to a "subsidiary" immediately and is being doled out as Preferred Stock options of that company.

It's the easiest bribery, money laundering and embezzlement scheme ever because it's legal.

By the time the 6 month window opens that stock will be next to worthless.

But they made their haul during the IPO. I'm sure that $ was moved to a "subsidiary" immediately and is being doled out as Preferred Stock options of that company.

It's the easiest bribery, money laundering and embezzlement scheme ever because it's legal.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnto...jt-nowan-implosion-is-coming/?sh=6445e96819ef

falling like a stone- it will open under $28 this am

i suspect by 6 months it will be single digits. So many MAGA dumped 10s of $1000s into this stock are about to lose so much money - my goodness.

Makes me feel a bit better about my Beyond Meat BYND loss. ( and i took a bath on that one ) lolol.

Lol, they getting what they deserve tbh.
    yep anyone investing in trump deserves to get ripped off. if you choose to ignore everything about him then its all on you. handing your money to a hooker and walking off would be a better bet then investing in trump.

What are the odds of this trial ending with jury nullification? The attached article says that a juror can be removed only if he acts dumb enough to give away that he intends to nullify either with his words or actions. My guess is that there is about a 90% chance that at least 1 juror won’t give his intentions away. The odds will be even higher in other jurisdictions. This is a unique problem with convicting someone that people are so devoted to regardless of his actions.

Experienced trial lawyers who are selecting the jury aren't gonna get fooled easily.

They have experts watching the pool the whole time for body language etc. If someone gets through as a runaway juror, they have been practicing for a long time or are in their incredibly good liar on their feet.

But first the juror would have to be selected to go to jury duty that day in the first place; which is totally random.

I'm sure this is a legitimate concern but I believe it is one that is being mitigated.

New York Attorney General Letitia James has asked the judge in Donald Trump’s civil fraud case to void the $175m bond posted previously by the former president, after questioning whether the insurance company has sufficient funds to back it up.

Mr Trump’s bond was posted by California-based Knight Specialty Insurance Company (KSIC), and Ms James raised concerns that the insurer was “not authorised” to write business in New York.

In a 26-page filing posted on Friday ahead of a pre-scheduled hearing next week, her office also argued that the collateral put up by the former president should be under the full control of the company.

Ms James said that the KSIC "had never before written a surety bond in New York or in the prior two years in any other jurisdiction, and has a total policy holder surplus of just $138 million,” according to the documents obtained by NBC.….

Experienced trial lawyers who are selecting the jury aren't gonna get fooled easily.

They have experts watching the pool the whole time for body language etc. If someone gets through as a runaway juror, they have been practicing for a long time or are in their incredibly good liar on their feet.

But first the juror would have to be selected to go to jury duty that day in the first place; which is totally random.

I'm sure this is a legitimate concern but I believe it is one that is being mitigated.

I just read about this
    The lone-holdout scenario occurred in June 2022 at the first trial of Shea, a Colorado businessman charged with financial crimes for his role in a fraudulent fundraising scheme that was advertised as an effort to privately bankroll a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Bannon, Trump’s former White House chief strategist, also was charged for his alleged role in the same “We Build the Wall” fraud.

During the deliberations in Shea’s case in U.S. district court in Manhattan, the holdout juror spoke about a “government witch hunt” and accused the other members of the jury of being “liberals,” the New York Times reported at the time.

I don't see any legitimate reason why those parts should have been redacted. It was obviously done to cover up coordination with the Biden White House.

The Biden White House and DOJ wew intimately involved in developing a criminal case against Trump for records mismanagement--it appears the first go-around related to alleged "destruction" of government papers.

Contrary to public and legal assertions, NARA was working with DOJ/White House to craft a criminal referral by Sept. 2021--FIVE MONTHS before the "official" referral by NARA to DOJ in Feb 2022.

(Govt redactions on left, newly unredacted filing on right.)

DOJ told NARA what to do to cover their tracks.

1) Defendants are not entitled to discovery of internal government correspondence and memoranda, or to documents that are otherwise privileged.

2) The Court Should Deny Defendants’ Requests for Evidence of 'Improper Coordination with NARA' and of 'Bias and Investigative Misconduct.'

3) The Court Should Deny Defendants’ Requests for Evidence Related to Trump’s Security Clearance With The Department of Energy.

4) The Court Should Deny Defendants’ Requests for Evidence Related to Secure Facilities at President Trump’s Residences.

5) The Court Should Deny Defendants’ Requests for Production of Materials Concerning the Search of Mar-a-Lago.

AND FINALLY:

6) Defendants’ Request for Unredacted Discovery of Materials Should Be Denied.

It's all right here...

DOJ told NARA what to do to cover their tracks.

1) Defendants are not entitled to discovery of internal government correspondence and memoranda, or to documents that are otherwise privileged.

2) The Court Should Deny Defendants’ Requests for Evidence of 'Improper Coordination with NARA' and of 'Bias and Investigative Misconduct.'

3) The Court Should Deny Defendants’ Requests for Evidence Related to Trump’s Security Clearance With The Department of Energy.

4) The Court Should Deny Defendants’ Requests for Evidence Related to Secure Facilities at President Trump’s Residences.

5) The Court Should Deny Defendants’ Requests for Production of Materials Concerning the Search of Mar-a-Lago.

AND FINALLY:

6) Defendants’ Request for Unredacted Discovery of Materials Should Be Denied.

It's all right here...

The attached/linked evidence in those tweets never says what those tweets claim. It's and endless wash rinse, repeat cycle.

The attached/linked evidence in those tweets never says what those tweets claim. It's and endless wash rinse, repeat cycle.
    Another vague deflection attempt by you. You know people can look at the documents to see what they say right?

Can you point out anything that Jack Smith redacted that should have been redacted?

Why did they lie about when the investigation started and how the Biden White House was coordinating with NARA and the DOJ?

Another vague deflection attempt by you. You know people can look at the documents to see what they say right?

Can you point out anything that Jack Smith redacted that should have been redacted?

Why did they lie about when the investigation started and how the Biden White House was coordinating with NARA and the DOJ?
    And do your work for you? Fork that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom