Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

1688664177138.png

Hey @superchuck500 -

Which one of these covers Espionage?

I guess the guy on the bus bench who does injury claims would take his calls.
    Neither defendant is charged with "espionage."

They are charged under the Espionage Act, which is asinine.

The jury will bicker over that point and hundreds of others. I wish I could be a fly on the wall. I'll have to wait for the twelve books to come out, I guess.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at that lawyer if I could afford her. Not sure what your issue is with her. That's not a bus bench ad, that's her website. The DOJ went after Nauta because he does not have unlimited funds like the DOJ, so they are hoping to intimidate him into giving false evidence against Trump.

Actually, that more like showing that to your friends (public) and then actually showing the diamond to the jewler (judge and Jury)
    But someone was insisting that I said it was fake. I can't tell if it's fake or not without seeing it.

If they show it to the judge and jury, it will have to be public.

Unless you think a secret criminal court will work in America.

The jury will bicker over that point and hundreds of others. I wish I could be a fly on the wall. I'll have to wait for the twelve books to come out, I guess.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at that lawyer if I could afford her. Not sure what your issue is with her. That's not a bus bench ad, that's her website. The DOJ went after Nauta because he does not have unlimited funds like the DOJ, so they are hoping to intimidate him into giving false evidence against Trump.

Trump clearly violated the Espionage Act. The indictment makes that pretty clear.

I'm sorry the semantics of that hurts your feelings.

The ambulance chaser lawyer would be a better choice but even they won't take the guy.

She isn't anywhere near qualified to defend someone in from of a Federal Grand Jury for the crimes he committed (sorry is accused of).

She's a low level public defender, turned DUI lawyer. Good luck against federal prosecutors!

The ambulance chaser lawyer would be a better choice but even they won't take the guy.

She isn't anywhere near qualified to defend someone in from of a Federal Grand Jury for the crimes he committed (sorry is accused of).

She's a low level public defender, turned DUI lawyer. Good luck against federal prosecutors!
    Not everyone can afford as many high-paid lawyers as the DOJ can.

They went after Nauta specifically because his lack of resources with which to defend himself.

Wait, y'all are serious about this? I thought we were just kidding around.

That lady is not going to be doing any of the legal work. Trump's lawyers will represent Nauta as they Represent Trump. They have to in order to keep Nauta from turning state's evidence. She's a figurehead.

The only thing she will do is not return phone calls when the DOJ wants to talk to her about a plea deal for "her client."

Really? You thought . . . never mind.

But someone was insisting that I said it was fake. I can't tell if it's fake or not without seeing it.

If they show it to the judge and jury, it will have to be public.

Unless you think a secret criminal court will work in America.
    but they don't have to so far in advance. is it uncommon for prosecutors to wait until closer to the trial?

FYI:

Section 1512 of Title 18 constitutes a broad prohibition against tampering with a witness, victim or informant. It proscribes conduct intended to illegitimately affect the presentation of evidence in Federal proceedings or the communication of information to Federal law enforcement officers.

Lawyers for defendants are not exempt from the laws, they are bound to them. I hope that Trump's attorneys will not put themselves in legal jeopardy by engaging with Nauta's attorney to ensure his testimony doesn't further incriminate their client. Keep mind that Nauta will, more than likely, be called as a witness during trump's trial, meaning that he is likely one of the 84 that trump cannot contact about the case against him.

Wait, y'all are serious about this? I thought we were just kidding around.

That lady is not going to be doing any of the legal work. Trump's lawyers will represent Nauta as they Represent Trump. They have to in order to keep Nauta from turning state's evidence. She's a figurehead.

The only thing she will do is not return phone calls when the DOJ wants to talk to her about a plea deal for "her client."

Really? You thought . . . never mind.
    Wait you think Trump is going to help anyone but himself? Who do you think trump is going to throw under the bus for this?

Oh and one More question- Who are Trump's lawyers currently ? I can't keep up with them all quitting as soon as they get to see the evidence

That ad reads like Trump wrote it. Lol.

Yes, that’s apparently what the Trump cultists seem to believe…thst the search warrant was unjustified. Thst would mean that all the supporting documentation must be fake.
    That's so funny. There is hyper focus on this so they must have an amazing imagination to think that the documentation would be fake.

Wait you think Trump is going to help anyone but himself? Who do you think trump is going to throw under the bus for this?

Oh and one More question- Who are Trump's lawyers currently ? I can't keep up with them all quitting as soon as they get to see the evidence
    He won't throw Nauta under the bus, because Nauta could testify against him, truthfully or not.

Couldn't name any of Trump's lawyers off the top of my head. Trump goes through staff, there's no doubt. If you work for Trump, do it to be well paid for a short time. Maybe that bespeaks some character flaw, but it doesn't make him guilty of espionage.

FYI:

Section 1512 of Title 18 constitutes a broad prohibition against tampering with a witness, victim or informant. It proscribes conduct intended to illegitimately affect the presentation of evidence in Federal proceedings or the communication of information to Federal law enforcement officers.

Lawyers for defendants are not exempt from the laws, they are bound to them. I hope that Trump's attorneys will not put themselves in legal jeopardy by engaging with Nauta's attorney to ensure his testimony doesn't further incriminate their client.
    They won't. It is the DOJ that will engage with Nauta's attorney to get him to incriminate Trump. It's a legalized form of witness tampering only the government can use.
    Keep mind that Nauta will, more than likely, be called as a witness during trump's trial, meaning that he is likely one of the 84 that trump cannot contact about the case against him.
    You have that one a little off, DJ. Trump and Nauta are being tried together as co-defendants. Neither is obliged to testify, and their lawyers can and must work together.

but they don't have to so far in advance. is it uncommon for prosecutors to wait until closer to the trial?
    They don't have to.

I believe that prosecuting the presidential front runner of the opposition party during the election year looks so politically motivated that if they were doing it apolitically, they would want to be as transparent as possible as early as possible, to try to overcome the natural conclusion people will draw that this is more of "We'll STOP it."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom